Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions

Go down 
+2
Mech 1 twa
Taldaran
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Taldaran
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Taldaran

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2021-04-18

Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions Empty
PostSubject: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 8:12 pm

I Just replaced the Vbelt and sliders on my 2003 I purchased 2 years ago, 4,200 miles on it at the time. I didn't want to chance the old belt failing from age. New belt OEM.

The old belt looked fine, so I'll keep it as a backup though I'll likely just replace it with a new belt in 16,000.

I used 26 gram tech pulley roller/sliders.

First impressions, The takeoff is much smoother with less lag, and the biggest gripe I had with the stock rollers was that at lower speeds if you quickly back off the throttle, the compression braking was almost like hitting the actual brakes and it would throw you forward. Very annoying. The new sliders really minimized that issue.

They have turned a scooter that I really like into one I really love.

A question...My v-belt light wasn't on, but when you reset the v-belt light, does it reset the mileage reminder for another 16,000 miles?
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 8:29 pm

Some debate about reset but it seems to come on at preset intervals. 16-32K so you are good. I'll bet it comes on at 16k despite reset. Don't worry about it. 26G sliders work great ride it.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 9:35 pm

I could be wrong but I'm thinking that if you reset the V-belt light it won't come on until 16,000 miles have gone by. It's like setting the oil light reminder in my pickup. It doesn't matter when I change the oil but once I reset it it's good again for another 3,000 miles even if I changed the oil at 2,500 miles.
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 3:36 am

In about 2000 miles when my bike hits 32k we will know. My V light has been reset numerous times because with 25gm sliders and an enthusiastic rider it is forever coming on 😄
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1570
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 3:53 pm

I found my Dr Pulley sliders a great improvement to my riding preferences. My V light came on at 16000 and 32000 but I'd already changed the belt before these deadlines arrived.

Ride on... cheers
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 9:54 am

Taldaran wrote:
I Just replaced the Vbelt and sliders on my 2003 I purchased 2 years ago, 4,200 miles on it at the time. I didn't want to chance the old belt failing from age. New belt OEM.

The old belt looked fine, so I'll keep it as a backup though I'll likely just replace it with a new belt in 16,000.

I used 26 gram tech pulley roller/sliders.

First impressions, The takeoff is much smoother with less lag, and the biggest gripe I had with the stock rollers was that at lower speeds if you quickly back off the throttle, the compression braking was almost like hitting the actual brakes and it would throw you forward. Very annoying. The new sliders really minimized that issue.

They have turned a scooter that I really like into one I really love.

A question...My v-belt light wasn't on, but when you reset the v-belt light, does it reset the mileage reminder for another 16,000 miles?

Have you compared and contrast your max speed before? (Provided that you ever maxed out the speed that is) I hear roller replacements give you more acceleration but can drop your top speed depending on the type you choose.
My bike can currently do about 111 where when I first brought it it did 115. I did gain some weight since then though. I also just installed a new v belt 2 weeks ago as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions   Dr Pulley sliders - Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replaced Vbelt and rollers to sliders - impressions
Page 1 of 1