Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! Empty
PostSubject: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Today I finally got my bike in to install my HyperPro springs and while it was in I also had them install a set of 22g Dr. Pulley Sliders. (I was running a set of 26g sliders before) All I can say is Wow!! When I crack the throttle my rpms jump right to 5500 and it pulls really strong. This is very close to the same acceleration as I had with the J Costa variator. Close enough that I really can't say that there is any difference. The big difference is that at cruising speeds - 60 to 70 mph - my rpms are much lower with the 22g sliders than I had with the J Costa. With the J Costa my rpms were about 5100 at 60 mph and about 5700 at 70 mph. With the 22g sliders my rpms are 4600 at 60 mph and just a hair over 5000 at 70 mph. I will monitor my gas consumption over the next few tanks, but so far it does not seem like my gas mileage has suffered like it did with the J Costa. I think I am still getting somewhere between 54 to 58 mpg. With the J Costa my mpg had dropped to around 42 mpg. This is sweet!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:41 pm

The Scootist wrote:
Today I finally got my bike in to install my HyperPro springs and while it was in I also had them install a set of 22g Dr. Pulley Sliders. (I was running a set of 26g sliders before) All I can say is Wow!!

I am curious how you selected 22g versus a slightly lower 24g??

Will you be testing with 1/2 22g and 1/2 26g averaging to 24g ... or just staying with the 22g??

Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 10:24 am

I went with the 22 g sliders because they were in stock and I thought that they may work better at my elevation. My bike does not produce as much horse power or torque as it would at sea level and I thought the lighter sliders would give me a bit more boost. I am very pleased with the performance with the 22 g sliders, but the big question is how will they affect my gas mileage. At this point I plan to run the 22 g sliders for a while and monitor my gas mileage to see how it does. I am willing to accept a bit of a hit on my mpg as a trade off for the quicker acceleration, but I would still like to get at least 50 mpg. If my gas mileage drops to less than 50 mpg, then I may look at trying the 24 g sliders. I do not plan to mix different weight sliders.
Back to top Go down
aidanpryde18
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Have you noticed any hit to acceleration out of a turn, or overtaking speed on the highway? I recently switched to 26g and I feel like I lost pickup in both of those situations. Not a lot mind you, but some.

It seems to me that the 22's would take even more of a hit.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

PostSubject: Re: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Aidan:
No. Just the opposite. As soon as I give it some throttle the engine revs above 5000 rpms and it takes off with a nice snap.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

Here's a thought for you. Our bikes are different, but similar enough that you may find this will work on your Silverwing.

I made the mistake of installing my DPS weights the wrong way once. While I did "goof up" on the installation — the results were incredible!

I had used the DPS weights for awhile and put them in wrong one night without realizing it. I went to merge onto the freeway the next morning, and couldn't believe what happened. I twisted the throttle and my head jerked back. (Yes, this is on a 400cc scooter!) The rpms jumped immediately to about 7000 and began to climb rapidly. Then the CVT "shifted", which was the DPS weights moving to another face. The rpms dropped to about 6500 and began once again to climb really fast to about 8000...and unfortunately, I was gaining too quickly on the traffic and had no room to keep accelerating.

I had the biggest grin on my face. I didn't know what I'd done...but I liked it!

Here's what they looked like installed "wrong".

Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! File

Here's what they look like installed correctly with the groove at the top of the DPS weight.
Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! File

The pluses:
- It was like adding another 100ccs to the bike. The power was instantaneous.

The cons:
- The power was instantaneous. I wanted to use it, and this was not a good idea. I knew I'd end up with a "performance award" from the Washington State Patrol very quickly. Laughing
- The rpms would jump at the slightest increase in engine load, whether from twisting the throttle...or simply head winds or road grade. The rpm jump was absolutely smooth though. If I didn't have a tach in front of me, I'd have a hard time knowing it.

So I offer that experience as something that a few of you might wish to experiment with. Just don't blame any performance awards on me! Laughing

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!   Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders.  Wow! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just changed from 26g sliders to 22g Sliders. Wow!
Page 1 of 1