Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 9:15 pm

» Drive belt prices
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Today at 8:28 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:27 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 7:16 pm

» New to Me Swing
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review

Go down 
+75
ken-z
surlybiker58
stonerolled
Atrick
paul.delo451
acworthpatrick
swingmike
SonnyO
tinman
Guy
EasyRider SilverWinger
RArch
jodders1
MarkB
toolboxjesse
DickO
LarryB
DaveR
SamHouston73
larryinseattle
JeffR_
kbcmdba
dnk2112
johnd
Dimond
john123
cjuzda
model28a
goldwinger
Skyman
The Scootist
JohnJ
hobbykim
Scooterian
kleikvold
Meldrew
GaryT
Winger61
tarmacburner2
midlifecrisis (Paul)
dickie
rogerscoot
martywinger
roadrunner
wis-rider
ajay
russcarver
Laker
jimjotel
Waspie
Windrider
clarinet
Opalsboy
billmc
DennisB
Okiebezer
ehaughn
crahar
MikeO
jdeereanton
billc.
edbancro
bigbird
ronjr009
buddy19520
trooth2u
trouble1100
thomphoto
wingnprayer
Tamjay
john grinsel
dspevack
honda_silver
tonylumps
JeffR
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

I was given the opportunity to test the new Givi Adjustable Windshield for a review. They sent this to me on June 30th which was just a day after I spoke with the Givi representative. This will be a shorter review since I only put about 50 miles on it with my initial ride. But I did go on the interstate, state roads, and the city. And I also tested it out in the lowest, middle, and highest postions in all of roads.

Packaging

The windshield was very professionally packaged. There were 2 smaller boxes in 1 larger box and everything was put in where it would be very difficult to damage anything on the shield. And all of the parts needed were in there, although there really isn't much that is needed.

Pictures of Shield

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Entire11

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Sepera10

I removed my Givi Windshield that I cut down about 1 1/2". Measuring from the handlebar cover to the top of the Givi screen I cut down was 20 1/2" (measured from the Honda emblem on the handlebar cover). After I installed this Adjustable Givi at the highest position it measured 20 3/4", so it is about 1/4" of taller than the Givi that I took off.

The parts of the shield seem to be very sturdy and easy to use. Here are a couple of close up shots of the fasteners. I'm am calling them fasteners but Givi may refer to them by a different name.

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Close_10

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Close_13

The Ride

I started the ride with the screen in it's highest position which allowed my eyes to be about 1" to 2" above the top of the screen. I started on the city street to ride out to the interstate about 1 1/2 miles. I merged onto the interstate and quickly got up to 65 mph (all speeds will be actual in this review) and I didn't notice any buffeting whatsoever. The top part of this windshield seems a bit narrower than the stock Givi shield but it seems a smoother ride without any turbulence at all. I think the gap between the screens really helps out to eliminate buffeting or back pressure. There was no back pressure that pushes your body or helmet forward at all. The single piece Givi shield that I removed would give a small bit of back pressure that would push your helmet or even your body forward a bit. But there was none of that with the new Givi Adjustable shield.

I rode up and down the highway in about 3 mile sections to try out the different height adjustments. I started out in the highest postion.

INTERSTATE

Highest Position

In the highest position it was a nice quiet ride like the single piece (original) Givi shield. But it seems to be a smoother ride since there is no turbulence at all. I ride with a 1/2 helmet with the fighter pilot visor and when I raised my visor all the way up I didn't feel the need to have to wear glasses at all. Except for safty issues. I don't feel comfortable at all riding without some type of eye protection. But I wanted to test it out to see if glasses are needed. Well, they aren't. I felt a very small amount of wind/breeze but I think it was from some of the wind that came from the side or from around the shield.

I raised my hand up to see where how far the wind was being pushed up and it was at the top of my helmet. It seems that it pushes the air up about 4" over my eyes and gave absolutely no buffeting at all at 65 mph. I also tried to ride close behind semi-trucks and also to the side of them to see if I felt any of the "sailing" effect that I would get with the single piece Givi shield. Sometimes if the wind was right I would feel the wind catch the shield and give some turbulence or that "sailing" effect. Well, as much as I tried I couldn't get that effect with this new adjustable shield.

Middle Position

I then rode with the shield at the middle positon and I did find a bit more wind hitting my eyes but not much more than at the highest position. It was also pushing the wind to just an inch or two below my helmet but there was no buffeting at the middle position either. It seems to push the wind in a very friendly manner. I also didn't get any of the turbulence or buffeting either at the middle postion, even when trying to ride close to semi's.

Lowest Position

The lowest position would give me more wind, of course, but it was still a smooth kind of effect. Even though the lowest position is probably close to the height of the stock Honda screen it didn't seem to produce any buffeting, that would cause my helmet to be pushed around. The stock screen would push my helmet around pretty bad on the interstate but this Givi adjustable screen didn't do that.

As a side note: I'm 6'0" tall and when I sit on my SWing in my normal riding position my eye level is 31" from the seat. I have a longer torso than an average 6 footer so I was concerned that this adjustable shield may not be tall enough.

I have to say that this windshield on the interstate is a very nice shield that produces a nice smooth ride. There is no turbulence or buffeting at all, even when trying to ride as close to semi-trucks as I could to get that effect. I also didn't notice that "sailing" effect that I would get with the stock Givi or the XL Clearview that I had on at one time.

STATE ROAD

Highest Position

The state road that I road on had a speed limit of 45 mph and it was in very good condition with nice curves on it. I started out with the screen at the highest position and it was very smooth. I didn't really keep it at this height for very long at all. It was about 80-85 degrees there so I pulled over to adjust it to the middle position.

Middle Position

I pulled over and adjusted it to the middle position and rode about 5 miles this way and it is a very smooth ride too. Since the speed limit is only 45 mph it is really nice to have the option to adjust the screen. It felt like a very relaxed ride and gave more wind to my body which helped make the ride more enjoyable since I could stay cooler. I then pulled over to adjust it to the lowest position.

Lowest Position

I rode about another 5 miles with the screen in the lowest position and it was also a very nice ride. I think this is the height I will have it at when I ride on these types of roads at these speeds. When I would raise my visor I would feel more wind, of course, in my eyes but it wasn't alot. But it provided a nice breeze to my body and face and it still didn't produce any buffeting to my helmet/head. It was really a very nice ride that kept me cooler.

I also rode one part of my ride on a 5-6 mile stretch where the speed limit was anywhere from 15 mph to 45 mph due to the tight turns. I started the first 2 miles at the middle position and then dropped it down to the lowest position. With this type of ride it was very nice to be able to adjust the shield. Since the speed was slower, and it was hot out, this made the ride much more comfortable.

Adjusting the Screen:

As for adjusting the screen...it is very, very easy and quick. I would adjust it at stop lights or stop signs and it only takes about 5 seconds. It is just that easy. I wouldn't try to adjust this as you ride but I guess it would be possible, but not very safe. You really need to use 2 hands to do it quickly and safely.

Conclusion:

I know I only went on about a 50 mile ride but I have to say I like this new Givi adjustable screen more than the other screens I have had. I don't know if it is the "air-foil" or what, but the ride was very smooth and without any turbulence or buffeting. Even at the lowest heights I still didn't feel turbulence or buffeting. I know that there was more wind at my face at the lowest setting but the wind didn't push my helmet around. It is hard to explain but this shield seems to push the wind up a good amount of distance. When I had my Majesty I put a Laminar Lip on the Givi shield I had and it did help. I think that this shield gives that effect of the Laminar Lip but to a much better extent.

I will give additional updates but if I were in the process of buying an aftermarket screen this is the one that I would choose. I think that if you are a bit over 6' tall it will still do a good job for you. I'm not sure how it would do in the rain so I can't comment on that but it doesn't rain much out here in California.

I can say that when I am in the hills/mountains and on some nice curvy roads I will be keeping it down in the lowest positon, if it is warm out. It is really nice to have these options available to you when riding. The highest position is great on the interstate but I think I will be keeping it in the lowest or middle position in the city or out on my country rides.

Here are some more pictures:

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Close_10

This how the screen fits into the fastener.

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Side_v10

This a side view of the screen at the highest level.

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Pictur10

This is a picture at the lowest setting. My eyes are probably 5" over the top.

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Pictur11

This is the screen at the highest level. My eyes are 1" to maybe 2" over the top.

I would like to thank Givi for giving me this opportunity to review this new shield of theirs. It really is a very nice shield and gives the rider the ability to adjust the screen as needed. If you have any questions please reply to this post and I will keep them in mind for when I give updates. I'm sure i forgot some things so please just respond and I will do my best to get you an answer, if I can. Thanks for reading.

"edited on July 5th"

I'm not sure who all sells these but I have seen them on

www.scootertrap.com and I know Matt is a great guy to deal with.

Last edited by JeffR on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

AuthorMessage
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4178
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 am

I installed a large Italian Biondi windscreen on my 400 Burgman that had the same warning sticker that's on my Givi Airflow. I can't say I've ever made a conscious effort to park up that way though, and I can imagine I'd be very popular if I took up 2 or 3 places in a 'M/C's Only' parking bay by parking up sideways just to keep the sun off the front of the screen.

Last edited by Meldrew on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:37 am

Perhaps there's a coating on the front.
I appreciate that it wouldn't be glued on but maqybe the sun shining on the back of it through the plastic causes it to degenerate.
Some people had problems with X9 screens 'peeling' - it could have been a similar phenomenon
Back to top Go down
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Better to be safe than sorry, although I'd think though that this would be for pretty extreme heat for a good length of time. I'll try and park facing the sun without getting too crazy about it.

Had my first ride today and like most, found it a big improvement, mainly calmer air. Rode with it about 2/3 up at higher speeds (100 KPH). I'm 5'10". One of the things I really like about it is that with it in the full down position up to about 80 KMH, I still get a nicer ride than with the stock screen and the screen is not in any way distracting me due to the fact that it's a lot lower than the stock screen. Just a nicer riding experience overall and well worth the $.

chris
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm

When I lost the top half of my Airflow, the resulting 120 mile ride home wasn't pleasant at all, I'm 5' 11'' and arrived home cold, my helmet plastered with dead insects, and my ears ringing even wearing custom made ear plugs. Yet I've read a couple of posts about removing the top screen in hot weather, frankly I wouldn't bother because it's worse than riding with the stock screen.

I've got the replacement top screen fitted now, it's in a high position and everything is quiet and comfortable again. I did have ideas for a type of tethering system, but I can't be bothered, regular checks on the tightness of the clamps and a 10mm socket spanner in the glovebox will do just as well. I might stick some SAENG 'Stealth Edging' to the top of the screen too, just to see if it quietens things down a bit more.
Back to top Go down
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:28 pm

I agree, I don't think riding with the top screen removed would be very comfortable at all, you'd lose the airflow direction change generated by the curvature in the top screen but with it lowered all the way down I'm very comfortable at 80 KPH. At faster speeds, It's more efficient when set up higher, at least for me, but even at higher speeds, I find it better than stock when it's at the lowest setting.

Meldrew wrote:
When I lost the top half of my Airflow, the resulting 120 mile ride home wasn't pleasant at all, I'm 5' 11'' and arrived home cold, my helmet plastered with dead insects, and my ears ringing even wearing custom made ear plugs. Yet I've read a couple of posts about removing the top screen in hot weather, frankly I wouldn't bother because it's worse than riding with the stock screen.

I've got the replacement top screen fitted now, it's in a high position and everything is quiet and comfortable again. I did have ideas for a type of tethering system, but I can't be bothered, regular checks on the tightness of the clamps and a 10mm socket spanner in the glovebox will do just as well. I might stick some SAENG 'Stealth Edging' to the top of the screen too, just to see if it quietens things down a bit more.
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:12 pm

I bought the whole kit, top,side wings and the rubber piece that molds around,In my opinion, after spending all that money, I would have been better off buying a larger screen.

I rode my friends 2011 650cc Yamaha Burghman the other day, that has a power windshield and I was amazed at how much less turbulence and noise there was. So after spending $130 for the screen and then $125.00 I think for the wing tips I am not satisfied.

That is just my opinion.

ound your wind screen.

Last edited by john123 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:13 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:00 am

Living in Florida, I'm always conscious of extreme solar conditions. My AirFlow came with the warning sticker and I don't take any chances -- I remove the upper section and stick it in my E52 if I can't park in permanent shade.

Riding without the upper, BTW, is like riding a naked bike with a big flyscreen. I don't recommend it without a full-face helmet.
Back to top Go down
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 am

Did you buy the Airflow AF 214? It doesn't sound like it. Never seen it anywhere for $130 and it doesn't have separate "wing tips" that you purchase separately.

john123 wrote:
I bought the whole kit, top,side wings and the rubber piece that molds around,In my opinion, after spending all that money, I would have been better off buying a larger screen.

I rode my friends 2011 650cc Yamaha Burghman the other day, that has a power windshield and I was amazed at how much less turbulence and noise there was. So after spending $130 for the screen and then $125.00 I think for the wing tips I am not satisfied.

That is just my opinion.

ound your wind screen.
Back to top Go down
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for the GIVI AF214 - hopefully one that can provide a decent discount. I live near San Francisco. Best price that I have been able to discover was about $235, including shipping. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3297
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:38 am

Good supplier is GIVI themselves----call credit card, Visa/MC and it will be on way.....if in stock.

They can help you with problems.....more difficult for drop shippers.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:38 pm

john123 wrote:

That is just my opinion.

ound your wind screen.

My Bold.

Are we to take your comments seriously after two glaring inaccuracies!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Yamaha Burghman, then if the former East Germany and Italy had put their heads together, we may have had the MZ Agusta.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: My Bold.   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:38 am

Waspie wrote:
john123 wrote:

That is just my opinion.

ound your wind screen.

My Bold.

Thanks for you comments. Unfortunately I am not perfect, nor would I want to be. But I am glad that you noticed my minor mistakes.

You remind me of some one I know that is perfect, or at least thinks he is.

Are we to take your comments seriously after two glaring inaccuracies!
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:54 am

I am far from perfect my friend but the errors were glaringly obvious and to be honest begged to be commented upon.

Many of us use the Give 214 adjustable screen and the item you described was nothing like the Givi product which is a two part item comprising only of a upper and lower screen.

As for confusing Suzuki with Yamaha!!!!

We actually have a dedicated thread for the spelling of Burgman so I wont go there, you may, feel free, it is worth losing a few minutes of your life seeing our take on the word and Suzuki in general.
Back to top Go down
dnk2112
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi everybody, I'm a new SWing owner. I bought mine used 2007 from a nice couple up in Yucaipa, CA with 527 miles on it for less that $4900! Thing runs like a Caddy! When I took it to a local Honda bike dealer for it's 1st scheduled maintenance at 600 miles, the mechanic told me that "this thing is cherry!". So I feel a bit lucky at my find.. But anyway, I just bought the GIVI adjustable windshield on Ebay and it will arrive This week. Thanks to this forum I was able to do some excellent research on a lot of different windshields and this one stood out for me. Thanks for all of the installation tips too! Hope to share/receive interesting info on all SWing topics!

-Dan, Los Angeles
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 pm

For the Group:::: you guys that think you are perfect, sure are a pain in the ass for those of us who are.... pirat

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 am

Opalsboy wrote:
For the Group:::: you guys that think you are perfect, sure are a pain in the ass for those of us who are.... pirat

Laughing

Worth a good snigger!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dnk2112
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 4:03 pm

cjuzda wrote:
Before I bought and installed mine today, I didn't see anything in the thread regarding a sticker I had on mine that indicates not to leave your bike in the sun on hot days with the sun shining on the back of the screen or it could be damaged. Any comments on this? Seems a little strange that this could cause damage.

Chris

bigbird wrote:
I'm no physicist or chemist, so I have to put my faith in the Givi engineers. If they say it, and mine had the same warning, there must be a reason for it. I consciously always park in the hot summer sun with the outside of the windscreen facing into the sun, just like they recommend.

roadrunner wrote:
Living in Florida, I'm always conscious of extreme solar conditions. My AirFlow came with the warning sticker and I don't take any chances -- I remove the upper section and stick it in my E52 if I can't park in permanent shade.

Riding without the upper, BTW, is like riding a naked bike with a big flyscreen. I don't recommend it without a full-face helmet.

My GIVI sticker said that a "lense effect" would occur in direct sunlight. That doesn't mean anything about a coating on the windshield, it means that if the sun shines through both layers it will create an effect similar to taking a magnifying glass and using the sun to burn things. So something may get burned if the sun shines through the windshield onto your scooter.

hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:02 pm

I had a similar sticker on the Biondi screen I bought for my 400 Burgman to the one that's on the Airflow. If this parking out of direct sunlight and lens effect really was a problem, there would be similar stickers on Harleys, the Big Four, BMW, and just about every other tall screened new bike or scooter parked up in your local dealers.

Givi should instead display a warning sticker on their screens saying that unless you're really tall you need to cut 2" to 4" off the top if you want to look over it, not through it.

Another Givi warning is not to put more than 10kg in top boxes and panniers regardless of whether it's 21 litres or 55 litres capacity.

We also know that the Givi instructions for the Airflow screen are so unclear that just about everyone on this forum that installs one looks on here for guidance.
Back to top Go down
dnk2112
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Meldrew wrote:
I had a similar sticker on the Biondi screen I bought for my 400 Burgman to the one that's on the Airflow. If this parking out of direct sunlight and lens effect really was a problem, there would be similar stickers on Harleys, the Big Four, BMW, and just about every other tall screened new bike or scooter parked up in your local dealers.

Givi should instead display a warning sticker on their screens saying that unless you're really tall you need to cut 2" to 4" off the top if you want to look over it, not through it.

Another Givi warning is not to put more than 10kg in top boxes and panniers regardless of whether it's 21 litres or 55 litres capacity.

We also know that the Givi instructions for the Airflow screen are so unclear that just about everyone on this forum that installs one looks on here for guidance.

I believe the sticker refers to the double windshield pieces on the GIVI 214 Airflow together creating the lense effect. If it was a single piece windshield doing this then yes there would be lots of burning on every cycle! Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:52 am

The tall Biondi screen I had on my 400 Burgman was also made in Italy and came with similar vague fitting instructions. The French made Secdem screen I put on my 650 Burgman didn't have any warning sticker. The US made Parabellum touring screen I bought for a BMW GS didn't have one either. The previous Givi screen I bought was for a Yamaha YP 250 Majesty Mk2 in 2004 and I can't remember it having a warning sticker on it. That was a really good windscreen, the stock Majesty screen being almost as bad as the one on the Silver Wing. Wink
Back to top Go down
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:15 pm

dnk2112 wrote:
cjuzda wrote:
Before I bought and installed mine today, I didn't see anything in the thread regarding a sticker I had on mine that indicates not to leave your bike in the sun on hot days with the sun shining on the back of the screen or it could be damaged. Any comments on this? Seems a little strange that this could cause damage.

Chris

bigbird wrote:
I'm no physicist or chemist, so I have to put my faith in the Givi engineers. If they say it, and mine had the same warning, there must be a reason for it. I consciously always park in the hot summer sun with the outside of the windscreen facing into the sun, just like they recommend.

roadrunner wrote:

My GIVI sticker said that a "lense effect" would occur in direct sunlight. That doesn't mean anything about a coating on the windshield, it means that if the sun shines through both layers it will create an effect similar to taking a magnifying glass and using the sun to burn things. So something may get burned if the sun shines through the windshield onto your scooter.

hope that helps!

That is strange - They say to avoid parking with the sun behind the screen. In that case, any heating, etc would be away from the rest of the bike. Maybe theymean that the lens effect from one screen would cause the other one to heat up. I'd be curious to see Givi's actual explanation. Maybe i'll email them
Back to top Go down
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:56 am

cjuzda wrote:

That is strange - They say to avoid parking with the sun behind the screen. In that case, any heating, etc would be away from the rest of the bike. Maybe theymean that the lens effect from one screen would cause the other one to heat up. I'd be curious to see Givi's actual explanation. Maybe i'll email them

Looking forward to hearing back on the "official" answer. :-)

KB
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Will AF214 Melt/Burn My Silverwing?
Many have raised this issue in this thread. To hopefully shed more light (hah!) on this subject I have done the following:
1. Sent email to GiviUSA.
2. Spoke with GiviUSA.
3. Called Clearview.
4. Researched issue (both Givi and general windshields) on internet.
5. My Conclusions
6. My Recommendations.

1. Sent email to GiviUSA.
Here is the email I sent to GiviUSA:
START of EMAIL
Hello Givi,  There are many satisfied SilverWing owners using the Givi AF214 Airflow windscreen.  And NONE that I have heard which are dissatisfied - which is rare for any product - so good job!  The AF214 came with a sticker that indicates (approximate intent - not exact wording) not to leave your bike in the sun on hot days with the sun shining on the back of the screen or it could be damaged. Could you please elaborate on this statement as it is nearly impossible for scooter owners to comply with this caution under all circumstances.  So I have some questions that hopefully will shed some light (no pun intended) on this cautionary statement:
1. What is the actual damage that could occur? Is it to the screen? If
so which one? to the scooter? If so, which part? Or to something else?
2. Has any AF214 owner ever reported damage? And if so, what were the
circumstances? Country? Local? How many have reported damage?
3. What are the specific meteorological circumstances when this will
occur? Time of day? Ambient temperature? Season? Geographic location?
Angle of sun?
4. Is there a specific part of the screen that can be covered to
prevent damage? And if so, what part? Is there an incident angle at
which the scooter can be parked to reduce or eliminate the potential
for damage? And if so, what angle?
5. What is the exact damage phenomenon that is occurring? Is it
magnification of suns rays? Ambient temperature coupled with direct
sunlight?
6. Is this cautionary label the result of something that actually has
happened? Or could happen - but has not yet? Or theoretically possible
but not yet proven in the real world? Or based on lab tests of some
sort that have not been duplicated in real world situation?

Hoping you can answer the above questions.  Many thanks for making
such a good product.

END OF EMAiL

2. Spoke with GiviUSA.
GiviUSA called the same day. Very prompt - nice. But they did not directly answer any of my questions directly, but they did shed some light on the matter. They advised me that the label was precautionary, that the caution was applicable to windscreens in general (not just Givi, not just the AF214 - it is on all Givi windstreens). They have had no reported problems /failures of Givi windscreens causing damage; however, they have personal knowledge of non-Givi windscreens doing so. I could press for more specific answers - but I am guessing that I am not going to get much further with Givi (maybe someone else wants to give this a go).

3. Called Clearview.
Clearview does not have a 'cautionary' sticker/warning on their wind screens as they have not experienced any problems with melting due to their windscreens. They are aware of some models with some windscreens having this problem - specifically they noted that the optics of the Honda PC800 with stock screen caused burn marks on their dash.

4. Researched issue (both Givi and general windshields) on internet.
I googled a bunch of search terms and found some interesting links. There is a lot of speculation, information, fact, opinion, supposition, knowledge, and experience represented in these links. If you have a great interest in this topic - then by all means look them over - if not jump to my conclusions/recommendations.

Givi + Madsted=melted dash.
http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php?topic=9010.0

Update on Givi Windshield melting dash!
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-specific-wee-strom/22345-update-givi-windsheild-melting-dash.html

Givi D260st Windscreen:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-specific-wee-strom/53482-givi-d260st-windscreen.html

Link to Windscreen focused sunlight melting plastic?
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=262107

Honda RC51 Best looking windscreen:
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-rc51/71284-best-looking-windscreen.html

Link to Goldwind Tall Windshield Burning
http://www.goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5694

Link to Kawasaki dash melted:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-13565.html

Another Honda SH150i amongst us!
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=40610&start=25

Clearview windshield coming soon for the honda silverwing
http://autos.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/hondasilverwings/message/9827?o=1&d=-1&var=1&p=2

5. My Conclusions
So here is what I have concluded so far:
a) Windshields (stock or aftermarket) can cause damage (melt/burn) to plastic parts on motorcycles/scooters.
b) Some combinations of bike/windscreen may be more problematic than others.
c) The problem is not widespread across most bike models but there seem to be isolated situations where a combination of model/windscreen can be problematic.
d) There are other phenomena (other than the caution provided by Givi on their windscreens) that can lead too melted plastic on bikes - but these phenomena are not addressed in this post and are likely not relevant to Silverwings.
e) There have been no reported issues of damage to Silverwings by windscreens (any type) - except for the Honda tall (see link above).
f) There have been no reported damage by the AF214 to any SilverWing (as far as I know).
g) There have been reported damage due to Givi windscreens - just not on Silverwings.
h) The potential AF214 cautionary label seems to be reflective - not refractive. The damage potential is from sun shining from the rear of the bike towards the front of the bike and reflecting off the windscreen onto the dash (or some other part).
i) Solutions that others (not necessarily AF214 or Silverwing owners) have used include: large t-shirt (or cover) on windscreen; dash cover; parking angle; film on windshield - not sure that any of these solutions are necessary for the AF214 or that some even work.
j) The cautionary label that Givi puts on their windscreens does not mean that a problem WILL develop with the AF214 - just that a problem could develop - and it is the same label used on their other windscreens. Givi would not admit to any of their windshields causing problem - but the internet forums clearly indicate that Givi windscreens can cause problems with some bikes.

6. My recommendations.
My recommendations are for the AF214 on the Silverwing (not for any other windscreen or bike).
a) Report Damage - If you experience damage please immediately post it. Right now we seem to looking for solutions to a problem that may not exist; however, maybe the problem has not yet manifested itself. Keep an eye on the plastic parts where the reflective power may potentially get focused. If you see damage try to correlate it with how the SWing was parked (angle of parking, date, time, latitude, city, location of damage, etc.). Possibly the 'damage angle' conditions may never manifest themselves - and if so then there is no problem (to worry about or to correct).
b) Observe Focus Spots - When you park your SWing (assuming you don't cover your windscreen like most of us), observe the sun and see if there are any 'bright spots' on the dash/other where the sun's rays may be focused - if you see such a phenomena put your hand down by the bright spot to feel the plastic and to leave a finger there to see if it gets hot. My opinion is that a hot bright spot is the fore-bearer of potential heat damage. You may not be around to see this hot spot - but I believe that it will have occurred if there was any sun damage causing the melting of plastic. If you do see it - please report your findings so others can be alert as to what to look for. Also, note where the sun was and the area on the windscreen that caused the reflection (as likely not opaque non-shiny film on that part of the windscreen would stop/reduce the reflection).
c) Solutions - It seems a bit early to be discussing solutions if there has never been an observed problem/issue/melt. Nevertheless, some others are using screen coverers (large t-shirt?), parking to avoid reflective power of sun, scooter cover. Other bike owners have gone to dashboard covers and placing film on windscreen - but I am not an advocate of this at this time (not until a problem has been identified and a proper solution proposed).

If you got this far - thanks for reading this!

And, as your reward here is something on a lighter note:
A cattle baron in Texas left his cattle ranch to his many sons. Why did the cattle baron name his ranch FOCUS? Hint - triple entendre. Answer in future post.

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:06 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Terry,

Just to be sure..we will need you to ride to the desert in California and leave your SWing in the sun for 2 weeks and see if there is any melting. If there is we will know it is the screen. Cool
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:44 pm

If you're bothered about this problem and I'm not, not after being smacked on the head by the top screen coming off. Wouldn't it just be simpler to lower the screen when you park up on really hot days, and also have a quick check to see if the two 10mm nuts are loose while the screen clamps are undone.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:40 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:43 pm

bigbird wrote:
That explains a lot :lol!:

Really, there's no warning sticker saying "If this screen works loose and then flies off and hits you, you may suffer serious injury" but it happened to me, and I got away with it, someone else might not be so lucky. I made everyone aware of this problem too.

You admitted to being anal about parking in the sun, I just took the sticker off and binned it. The inside of my car gets far hotter in the sun and nothing has melted or burst into flames.
Back to top Go down
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 am

Great post, Dimond. Interesting comment re damage being done by sun reflecting not shining through the shield which makes some sense given GIVI's recommendation to park facing the sun. If the problem was caused by sun shining THROUGH, then they would advise to park facing AWAY from the sun.
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 am

I installed my shield today. It took me 20 minutes. I immediately took it on the freeway and in town. Totally reduced the buffeting and I think this mod is the best thing a person could do to improve their Silverwing.

givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 Handlebarsetup
Back to top Go down
SamHouston73
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:19 am

Where is the best place to order a Givi Airflow for delivery to Houston, Texas?

Larry - Where did you get the cup holder?
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Where is the least expensive place to order the Givi Adjustable w/s?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3791
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Best do a search on Google.
Back to top Go down
SamHouston73
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks MikeO. I did a Google search & came up with multiple places to buy from online with a wide range of pricing. That's why I was wondering if there was any place that a forum member might recommend. Plus the cheapest place isn't always the best place to buy from either.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

question: On the adjustable w/s does it "rake" back farther on the Swing? I have the Givi stationary and like it but I think where it 'flips up' per say, seems to make it to vertical. Can you who have the 214 adjustable give me some input on this?
Old Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 pm

SamHouston73 wrote:
Thanks MikeO. I did a Google search & came up with multiple places to buy from online with a wide range of pricing. That's why I was wondering if there was any place that a forum member might recommend. Plus the cheapest place isn't always the best place to buy from either.

The problem with forum members making recommendations is; should there be a problem with the transaction the blame may be directed back at the forum member.

Now; a member simply stating they bought there's from good dealer.com. Up to the prospective buyer to make there own mind up. Semantics but in this blame culture we now find ourselves in I for one tend to protect myself.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:38 pm

I can't find where to order the GIVI 214 Adjustable w/s for $215 including shipping. Everything I come up with is $262 plus. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old Dave
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 pm

DaveR wrote:
I can't find where to order the GIVI 214 Adjustable w/s for $215 including shipping. Everything I come up with is $262 plus. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-af214-windscreen-silverwing-600-01-11
$239.00 Free shipping

Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:16 am

Thank you Bill. That is a nice presentation on the Adjustable Givi w/s. I thought someone had purchased this w/s for $215 inc shipping. Apparently this was just wishful thinking on my part. I do plan on getting one for my 2005. I now have the regular Givi.
Old Dave
Back to top Go down
LarryB
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Givi AF214   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 am

I just bought mine on line from Premier Cycle Accessories for $215.10 + 12.90 UPS ground shipping. Ordered it 12-21-11 and received it the next day. Good Service. BTW, I cannot believe the improvement. I put it on the Swing in 30 minutes, but only rode 20 miles, as it was too cold. This was an excellent choice. Thanks for the excellent review. It sold me and now I'm glad it did. Thanks also for the pictoral on installing the windshield. No, I did not use the metal braces.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm

LarryB wrote:
I just bought mine on line from Premier Cycle Accessories for $215.10 + 12.90 UPS ground shipping. Ordered it 12-21-11 and received it the next day. Good Service. BTW, I cannot believe the improvement. I put it on the Swing in 30 minutes, but only rode 20 miles, as it was too cold. This was an excellent choice. Thanks for the excellent review. It sold me and now I'm glad it did. Thanks also for the pictoral on installing the windshield. No, I did not use the metal braces.

Oh Oh LarryB,

You just opened a 'hornets nest' by saying you didn't install the metal braces. Shocked I didn't either, nor did Gary (Opalsboy), but we are ready to defend ourselves from the wolves who did.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 3:40 pm

I did, fitted it that is and I really don't care if you did or didn't.

Isn't going to effect my next ride!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 pm

I had my scooter at the dealer for repair after an spill that was paid for by my insurance co. The windshield was being replaced and I had them fit my Givi AirFlow and I have never checked to see if they used them or not. I do know they were not returned to me so I assumed they were put on, but now you all have me wondering. Question I do know I have not had a problem with it. Perhaps I will check and see. I am lazy so until I need to get in to the front end for some other reason I may never find out.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:53 pm

x

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Terry,

Yep, that's us. They say, down here in the states, that a "real man" doesn't need no 'forking' reinforcement type thingees. chickendance
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 6:03 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Actually Jeff... Gary (opalsboy) DID install the bracket. Came with the kit,so, I put it on. I don't think not installing it makes you a bad person.. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:35 pm

Gary,

So I guess that means it is one more wolf in the pack. Smile Now that I think about it, I think it is DickO that is "one of us". I'm really just trying to draw peoples attention away from the "Darkside" debate, and if this doesn't work I'm going to start talking about oil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   givi screen - Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next