Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Yesterday at 3:33 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Yesterday at 2:38 am

» Sinko De Mayo
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I said Farewell...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2022-09-07

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 am

Greetings all,

I had recently sold my 2012I said Farewell... Screen20
I said Farewell... Screen21
I said Farewell... Screen22 Honda Silverwing to a retired firefighter. He always wanted to ride, and he couldn't have bought a better bike!

I just want to mention what a great time I had while owning my Silverwing.  I took it on its final journey, a 2,420 mile ride in three days. If you have any concerns that the Silverwing is capable of long distant, highway speed Touring, I can assure you it can!

This ride included the infamous "Tail of the Dragon", Cherohala Highway, 200 miles at 70 mph in 45+ mph winds, pouring rain, the entire length of the mountains of West Virginia,... it never skipped a beat.

Why sell such an excellent performer? I need a Trike, cause my wife is afraid to lean. She would like to ride with me, if we don't lean. Well, I want her to enjoy this sport of riding, so that is the plan. It's been a pleasure being part of a great community that supports one terrific motorcycle!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 7:57 am

Good luck! I purchased a Goldwing trike because my wife could not mount a 2 wheeler due to her arthritis. BUT I kept my SWing because I love it and because I figured she would not be a regular passenger... Now she has hurt her back and can't ride again (sigh). So at least I still have my Silver Wing to ride solo, the trike is nice but I still like the 2 wheels. Hope all works out for you.
Back to top Go down
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 8:32 am

Hey GHM, thanks for the nice reply. I would have loved to keep my Swing, but it added to the Trike fund... I will, at some point in the future, have a second "Leaning" bike for my riding pleasure. Eight months till retirement, so I will, God willing, have much more time to ride.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2022-05-31

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am

There’s plenty of 3 wheeled options out there: GW and HD trikes as well as Can Am Spyders (which are very nice)- if I eventually can’t ride on 2 wheels, 3 may be the way to go, just that the handling is obviously different. Good luck in the search- stay on the forum…you’re always welcome even if you no longer own a SWing. The Mrs has also decided she’s not up for 2 wheels any longer but I still ride all the time.
Back to top Go down
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

Erdoc, I appreciate that. Yeah, pickup the 3 wheeler for the Mrs., but when it's guytime to ride alone, maybe a Hayabusa. I'll just strap on a walker for insurance!
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 2:56 pm

Hi Swingbatter, You could have done to your SWing what I did to mine in 2018. I had it Triked out with a Motor Trike kit and love it. You get ahold of them with your zip code and they send you info on a dealer in your area that installs them. Mine cost $8,000 total. It's quite a bit but it's great quality with no problems so far. The only problem so far is that the dealer had to install an new drive belt because if the trike kit. But what the heck...
I said Farewell... Silver12
Back to top Go down
Swingbatter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Hey Dale, that's a great option! I did consider it, but I think I'm stepping up to the Big Brother Goldwing. That will come at a much greater expense, but I am planning many thousands of miles with the wife. With armrests, I can guarantee she will be sleeping back there from time to time! I will always be impressed with the Silverwing, just a great, all around motorcycle!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I said Farewell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I said Farewell...   I said Farewell... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I said Farewell...
Page 1 of 1