Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review

Go down 
+75
ken-z
surlybiker58
stonerolled
Atrick
paul.delo451
acworthpatrick
swingmike
SonnyO
tinman
Guy
EasyRider SilverWinger
RArch
jodders1
MarkB
toolboxjesse
DickO
LarryB
DaveR
SamHouston73
larryinseattle
JeffR_
kbcmdba
dnk2112
johnd
Dimond
john123
cjuzda
model28a
goldwinger
Skyman
The Scootist
JohnJ
hobbykim
Scooterian
kleikvold
Meldrew
GaryT
Winger61
tarmacburner2
midlifecrisis (Paul)
dickie
rogerscoot
martywinger
roadrunner
wis-rider
ajay
russcarver
Laker
jimjotel
Waspie
Windrider
clarinet
Opalsboy
billmc
DennisB
Okiebezer
ehaughn
crahar
MikeO
jdeereanton
billc.
edbancro
bigbird
ronjr009
buddy19520
trooth2u
trouble1100
thomphoto
wingnprayer
Tamjay
john grinsel
dspevack
honda_silver
tonylumps
JeffR
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

I was given the opportunity to test the new Givi Adjustable Windshield for a review. They sent this to me on June 30th which was just a day after I spoke with the Givi representative. This will be a shorter review since I only put about 50 miles on it with my initial ride. But I did go on the interstate, state roads, and the city. And I also tested it out in the lowest, middle, and highest postions in all of roads.

Packaging

The windshield was very professionally packaged. There were 2 smaller boxes in 1 larger box and everything was put in where it would be very difficult to damage anything on the shield. And all of the parts needed were in there, although there really isn't much that is needed.

Pictures of Shield

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Entire11

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Sepera10

I removed my Givi Windshield that I cut down about 1 1/2". Measuring from the handlebar cover to the top of the Givi screen I cut down was 20 1/2" (measured from the Honda emblem on the handlebar cover). After I installed this Adjustable Givi at the highest position it measured 20 3/4", so it is about 1/4" of taller than the Givi that I took off.

The parts of the shield seem to be very sturdy and easy to use. Here are a couple of close up shots of the fasteners. I'm am calling them fasteners but Givi may refer to them by a different name.

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Close_10

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Close_13

The Ride

I started the ride with the screen in it's highest position which allowed my eyes to be about 1" to 2" above the top of the screen. I started on the city street to ride out to the interstate about 1 1/2 miles. I merged onto the interstate and quickly got up to 65 mph (all speeds will be actual in this review) and I didn't notice any buffeting whatsoever. The top part of this windshield seems a bit narrower than the stock Givi shield but it seems a smoother ride without any turbulence at all. I think the gap between the screens really helps out to eliminate buffeting or back pressure. There was no back pressure that pushes your body or helmet forward at all. The single piece Givi shield that I removed would give a small bit of back pressure that would push your helmet or even your body forward a bit. But there was none of that with the new Givi Adjustable shield.

I rode up and down the highway in about 3 mile sections to try out the different height adjustments. I started out in the highest postion.

INTERSTATE

Highest Position

In the highest position it was a nice quiet ride like the single piece (original) Givi shield. But it seems to be a smoother ride since there is no turbulence at all. I ride with a 1/2 helmet with the fighter pilot visor and when I raised my visor all the way up I didn't feel the need to have to wear glasses at all. Except for safty issues. I don't feel comfortable at all riding without some type of eye protection. But I wanted to test it out to see if glasses are needed. Well, they aren't. I felt a very small amount of wind/breeze but I think it was from some of the wind that came from the side or from around the shield.

I raised my hand up to see where how far the wind was being pushed up and it was at the top of my helmet. It seems that it pushes the air up about 4" over my eyes and gave absolutely no buffeting at all at 65 mph. I also tried to ride close behind semi-trucks and also to the side of them to see if I felt any of the "sailing" effect that I would get with the single piece Givi shield. Sometimes if the wind was right I would feel the wind catch the shield and give some turbulence or that "sailing" effect. Well, as much as I tried I couldn't get that effect with this new adjustable shield.

Middle Position

I then rode with the shield at the middle positon and I did find a bit more wind hitting my eyes but not much more than at the highest position. It was also pushing the wind to just an inch or two below my helmet but there was no buffeting at the middle position either. It seems to push the wind in a very friendly manner. I also didn't get any of the turbulence or buffeting either at the middle postion, even when trying to ride close to semi's.

Lowest Position

The lowest position would give me more wind, of course, but it was still a smooth kind of effect. Even though the lowest position is probably close to the height of the stock Honda screen it didn't seem to produce any buffeting, that would cause my helmet to be pushed around. The stock screen would push my helmet around pretty bad on the interstate but this Givi adjustable screen didn't do that.

As a side note: I'm 6'0" tall and when I sit on my SWing in my normal riding position my eye level is 31" from the seat. I have a longer torso than an average 6 footer so I was concerned that this adjustable shield may not be tall enough.

I have to say that this windshield on the interstate is a very nice shield that produces a nice smooth ride. There is no turbulence or buffeting at all, even when trying to ride as close to semi-trucks as I could to get that effect. I also didn't notice that "sailing" effect that I would get with the stock Givi or the XL Clearview that I had on at one time.

STATE ROAD

Highest Position

The state road that I road on had a speed limit of 45 mph and it was in very good condition with nice curves on it. I started out with the screen at the highest position and it was very smooth. I didn't really keep it at this height for very long at all. It was about 80-85 degrees there so I pulled over to adjust it to the middle position.

Middle Position

I pulled over and adjusted it to the middle position and rode about 5 miles this way and it is a very smooth ride too. Since the speed limit is only 45 mph it is really nice to have the option to adjust the screen. It felt like a very relaxed ride and gave more wind to my body which helped make the ride more enjoyable since I could stay cooler. I then pulled over to adjust it to the lowest position.

Lowest Position

I rode about another 5 miles with the screen in the lowest position and it was also a very nice ride. I think this is the height I will have it at when I ride on these types of roads at these speeds. When I would raise my visor I would feel more wind, of course, in my eyes but it wasn't alot. But it provided a nice breeze to my body and face and it still didn't produce any buffeting to my helmet/head. It was really a very nice ride that kept me cooler.

I also rode one part of my ride on a 5-6 mile stretch where the speed limit was anywhere from 15 mph to 45 mph due to the tight turns. I started the first 2 miles at the middle position and then dropped it down to the lowest position. With this type of ride it was very nice to be able to adjust the shield. Since the speed was slower, and it was hot out, this made the ride much more comfortable.

Adjusting the Screen:

As for adjusting the screen...it is very, very easy and quick. I would adjust it at stop lights or stop signs and it only takes about 5 seconds. It is just that easy. I wouldn't try to adjust this as you ride but I guess it would be possible, but not very safe. You really need to use 2 hands to do it quickly and safely.

Conclusion:

I know I only went on about a 50 mile ride but I have to say I like this new Givi adjustable screen more than the other screens I have had. I don't know if it is the "air-foil" or what, but the ride was very smooth and without any turbulence or buffeting. Even at the lowest heights I still didn't feel turbulence or buffeting. I know that there was more wind at my face at the lowest setting but the wind didn't push my helmet around. It is hard to explain but this shield seems to push the wind up a good amount of distance. When I had my Majesty I put a Laminar Lip on the Givi shield I had and it did help. I think that this shield gives that effect of the Laminar Lip but to a much better extent.

I will give additional updates but if I were in the process of buying an aftermarket screen this is the one that I would choose. I think that if you are a bit over 6' tall it will still do a good job for you. I'm not sure how it would do in the rain so I can't comment on that but it doesn't rain much out here in California.

I can say that when I am in the hills/mountains and on some nice curvy roads I will be keeping it down in the lowest positon, if it is warm out. It is really nice to have these options available to you when riding. The highest position is great on the interstate but I think I will be keeping it in the lowest or middle position in the city or out on my country rides.

Here are some more pictures:

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Close_10

This how the screen fits into the fastener.

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Side_v10

This a side view of the screen at the highest level.

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Pictur10

This is a picture at the lowest setting. My eyes are probably 5" over the top.

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 Pictur11

This is the screen at the highest level. My eyes are 1" to maybe 2" over the top.

I would like to thank Givi for giving me this opportunity to review this new shield of theirs. It really is a very nice shield and gives the rider the ability to adjust the screen as needed. If you have any questions please reply to this post and I will keep them in mind for when I give updates. I'm sure i forgot some things so please just respond and I will do my best to get you an answer, if I can. Thanks for reading.

"edited on July 5th"

I'm not sure who all sells these but I have seen them on

www.scootertrap.com and I know Matt is a great guy to deal with.

Last edited by JeffR on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

AuthorMessage
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Martywinger....that's why,over here in the UK, with the plentiful rain we get from the atlantic, the legal requirement is that if you look through a screen you must have wipers fitted; if you look over a screen you don't need them. I've ordered a Givi Airflow, my dealer's waiting for it to arrive from Italy.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Martywinger,,,
Like you I prefer to look over the windshield. I installed the standard Givi and then cut it down so I could just see over it. I can lean down just a bit and get out of the rain if I have to but I find I only get hit with rain at lower speeds with normal speeds blowing the rain pretty much up over me. I have done this on all bikes I have had with windshields. I do wish i would have purchased the adjustable shield but bought mine when they were first coming out and didn't know much about them yet. This thread pretty much covers the overall spectrum from installation to performance of this shield.
Patty and I lived just north of Haskell for a while in 1970, pretty close to your OKie from Muskogee residence. Take care...Dick
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:17 am

Let battle commence, the AF214 and Monolock mount arrived today, must try and find the link to the youtube video

Paul Smile

Just wondering, whilst I have the screen off, is it worth putting some better bulbs in the dip/main headlamps, if so what recommendations would you make.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 am

midlifecrisis (Paul) wrote:
Let battle commence, the AF214 and Monolock mount arrived today, must try and find the link to the youtube video

Paul Smile

Just wondering, whilst I have the screen off, is it worth putting some better bulbs in the dip/main headlamps, if so what recommendations would you make.

A couple of 2 million candlepower spots to take out the HID mounted cagers!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 am

Waspie wrote:

Paul Smile

A couple of 2 million candlepower spots to take out the HID mounted cagers!!!!!

Always been great fan of Cibies, could always mount a couple on the front struts Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:19 am

.....with a generator in the topbox! Razz
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 am

MikeO wrote:
.....with a generator in the topbox! Razz

Too true Mike, hopefully the topbox will be the first thing to mount as it seems more straightforward than the screen Smile
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 am

Paul...glad you've got yours..hopefully I'll hear soon that mine has arrived...how about a meet somewhere like Holmfirth or Glossop, when the weather's calmed down a bit
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:41 pm

rogerscoot wrote:
Paul...glad you've got yours..hopefully I'll hear soon that mine has arrived...how about a meet somewhere like Holmfirth or Glossop, when the weather's calmed down a bit

Yeah sounds good Roger.

My lad might fit the monolock tomorrow, but still don't know if I am changing the bulbs or not Question
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 am

I thought Holmfirth was for threesomes!!!!!!

Compo, Foggy et al. Laughing

You'll have to find a third rider chaps.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 am

Waspie wrote:
I thought Holmfirth was for threesomes!!!!!!

Compo, Foggy et al. Laughing

You'll have to find a third rider chaps.

Any takers Question
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:01 am

With the road works in Dorset it would take me a month just to get to the northern border!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Dorset needs to be replaced by 'Welcome to Cone Land'

&*%$**&@ Olympic preparations!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 am

Waspie wrote:
With the road works in Dorset it would take me a month just to get to the northern border!!!!!!!!!!

Best stay where you are mate or else you may never get back in Smile

Eeeee I remember sitting on the beach in Lulworth Cove listening to the World Cup final in 1966 on a transistor radio, bet it hasn't changed one bit Laughing
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:28 am

Waspie wrote:

Eeeee I remember sitting on the beach in Lulworth Cove listening to the World Cup final in 1966 on a transistor radio, bet it hasn't changed one bit Laughing

Apart from the sound of Sabot rounds bouncing off the surrounding hills!!! Nah! Laughing
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:34 am

Waspie wrote:
Waspie wrote:

Apart from the sound of Sabot rounds bouncing off the surrounding hills!!! Nah! Laughing

Oh yes I remember my lad saying he was guilty of making lots of noise down there Laughing
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Just an update, monolock is now fitted, took my lad 20 mins once he found the right size drill bit.

Will post pics when the screen is done Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Excellent!
I bought a new drill-bit specially. Wink
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:27 pm

MikeO wrote:
Excellent!
I bought a new drill-bit specially. Wink

He did phone me to say that he didn't need a drill bit, he was going to use my chainsaw instead What a Face
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 pm

Well the AF214 screen was put on today by my eldest.

Quote "Why do the Italians make it look so complicated" he had it done in 20 mins.

Now to test it out.

Saturday is looking fine Smile
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Mine arrived this afternoon.....job for tomorrow
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:20 pm

rogerscoot wrote:

Good stuff, my lad replaced some of the screws as they were rusting.

You fancy a meet Saturday if all goes well?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Glad it all went well.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 pm

MikeO wrote:
Glad it all went well.

Mike, I havn't lifted a finger, my eldest decided he was going to do it, so how can I argue Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:48 pm

Indeed!
Why have a puppy and bark yourself? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm

MikeO wrote:
Glad it all went well.

Mike, I havn't lifted a finger, my eldest decided he was going to do it, so how can I argue Smile

After a life time of spoiling them they have to reach a pay back point sometime.

In my family I'm still Mr mechanic. Evil or Very Mad (they have other uses though) guitarist
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Waspie wrote:
MikeO wrote:
Glad it all went well.

After a life time of spoiling them they have to reach a pay back point sometime.

In my family I'm still Mr mechanic. Evil or Very Mad (they have other uses though) guitarist

He doesn't do bad, he has just come out of a rather sh*t marriage and is just finding himself again, along with being made redundant last week as well, he needs to keep himself occupied.

i can tell he is getting back to his old self, he calls the Silverwing "The Moped"
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:16 pm

It never rains.....!
Good luck to him.
No doubt you're doing your bit to support.
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:19 pm

rogerscoot wrote:

Already booked up for Saturday, is Friday any good?
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 pm

rogerscoot wrote:
rogerscoot wrote:

Not sure would need to check and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 am

rogerscoot wrote:
rogerscoot wrote:

Yeah OK for Friday if you still want to .

cheers

PM or email me with details tc

Paul
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Tested out my new Givi Airflow today going to meet Paul in Holmfirth ( not three of us, only two). Travelled on both Motorway and A roads across the hills...great ride up to Holme Moss. Very happy with it...replaced a standard Givi that had 2 inches cut off....Certainly less buffeting around head and shoulders. It did get dirty though from damp roads, so will have to give it a good clean in the morning.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 am

rogerscoot wrote:
Tested out my new Givi Airflow today going to meet Paul in Holmfirth ( not three of us, only two). Travelled on both Motorway and A roads across the hills...great ride up to Holme Moss. Very happy with it...replaced a standard Givi that had 2 inches cut off....Certainly less buffeting around head and shoulders. It did get dirty though from damp roads, so will have to give it a good clean in the morning.

Yes Roger nice to meet you.

I too was testing out my new Airflow screen, found it remarkably quiet compared with the old standard screen.

Very impressed indeed cheers
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:37 am

Did either of you notice a cold spot at the rear of the helmet? Not an issue as I remedied it by wearing a buff and tucking it into the back of my lid!

Glad you had positive trials with the new screen. Definitely quieter. Smile
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:53 am

Waspie wrote:
Did either of you notice a cold spot at the rear of the helmet? Not an issue as I remedied it by wearing a buff and tucking it into the back of my lid!

Glad you had positive trials with the new screen. Definitely quieter. Smile

I'll be honest Doug, I didn't, having said that I was more interested in avoiding the plethora of potholes I had to encounter What a Face
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:10 am

I rode in that very cold spell we had a while back Paul and it was the only thing I could adversely knock the Airflow for. Very minor, however, after the buff thing was worked out, (and the weather changed), it became barely noticeable.

A few guys have commented on the buffeting/pressure on their backs! Something I am aware of but never noticed myself.

Glad it's not just we southerners that are having trouble with pot holes. Be glad when my work commute is in daylight! At least I will see what is coming and hopefully avoid!!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
rogerscoot
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:52 pm

I didn't notice, beacause I was wrapped up warm....my helmet, a SHOEI, has a neck curtain (whisper strip) which reduces a lot of noise getting to the ears and keeps the neck warm...under that a winter balaclava which gets well down into the jacket, so nice and toastie!!!
Back to top Go down
martywinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

I may have missed it in the threads but has anyone tried this in the rain? Maybe I'm worried about nothing but what keeps the rain from coming in from over the bottom shield?
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 pm

martywinger wrote:
I may have missed it in the threads but has anyone tried this in the rain? Maybe I'm worried about nothing but what keeps the rain from coming in from over the bottom shield?

The rain, like the air is deflected over your head. Subject to the screen placed at the optimum position.

Over the past few weeks most of my riding with the AF214 has been in the rain. (Good ole British weather).
Back to top Go down
martywinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Thanks Doug. Looks like it'll be the one to buy before my next trip.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 pm

martywinger wrote:

Do you get any rain where you live in Oklahoma? I thought it was sun 365 Smile

I set off in light rain and to be honest I didn't notice where it went, ceratinly didn't drop on me Laughing
Back to top Go down
martywinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 pm

Smile Yes, we get rain here. Over the past 2 weeks we've recieved a record snowfall too. I take rather long trips that get me all over the US. Can't remember a trip that I didn't get rained on somewhere. This May or June a cpople pals and I will ride from Oklahoma to Kalispell Montana and back. I'm sure we'll see rain.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Mine arrived by courier this lunchtime. Very easy to remove existing windscreen (a standard Givi) and replace with the Airflow. Job made simpler by the fact that the Givi brackets were already installed. Just need an excuse to try it. Smile
I may wait until the leg deflectors are fitted. It was a bit cold on Saturday at motorway speeds so hopefully they will be a good investment.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:41 am

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Mine arrived by courier this lunchtime. Very easy to remove existing windscreen (a standard Givi) and replace with the Airflow. Job made simpler by the fact that the Givi brackets were already installed. Just need an excuse to try it. Smile
I may wait until the leg deflectors are fitted. It was a bit cold on Saturday at motorway speeds so hopefully they will be a good investment.

Cheers,

You won't be disappointed Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:07 am

I was given strict instructions not to thrash my bike for 24hrs after the guards were fitted in order to let the glue go off.
I rode back from the dealer very gently.
(He actually advised not riding it but needs must)
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:29 am

Good tip there MikeO. Not a problem about not riding it for 24 hours at the moment. Just been out in the car and there were a couple of bits of snow falling at one point. The temperatures have taken a drop again.

I can always use the Burgman if the desire to be on two wheels becomes too great!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
martywinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:39 am

Leg deflectors? Somebody tell me more about those.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Have a butchers at my Album - the first eight pictures and the one labelled 'Scooter Bag-Hook 13' show my leg-deflectors fairly clearly.
'External Socket 1" gives quite a good close-up.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Some pictures of my recently fitted AF214 plus the monolock Givi top box

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 IMG_4407

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 IMG_4411

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 IMG_4409
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Paul,

Looks nice. It still is my favorite screen of all the ones I have had. Much smoother to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Blimey Paul are you trying to keep Givi going on your own? Laughing

Looks nice, bike,screen the works. (Just a shame you tax disc is upside down or is it a plot to make life more awkward for plod!!!!! Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review   Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi AirFlow Adjustable Windshield Review
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next