Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 3:43 pm

» noise under load
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Today at 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Today at 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» LF extended back rest
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Mon May 13, 2024 7:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dr Pulley Sale Announcement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  Empty
PostSubject: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Just in time for your winter project.

I’ve just been notified that Dr Pulley is having a sale for Silverwing600 forum members. The sale will extend until Dec 31, 2020. Note that shipping charges are included in the sale prices.

Note too that I am not connected with Dr Pulley. And while I been using their products for a long time, I have always paid for everything out of my own pocket.

Contact Dr Pulley (Union Material) directly with your order: Service@UnionMaterial.com
Be sure to mention that you are a member of the Silverwing600 forum

Below are the sale prices. Prices shown are USD

1. Sliding Roller SR2820: $39/set
2. SR2820 + Sliding Piece SP2820: $49.9/set
3. Round Roller RR2820: $29/set
4. RR2820 + Sliding Piece SP2820: $39.9/set
5. HiT Clutch 282001: $279/set
6. HiT 282001 + SR(or RR)2820 + SP2820: $309/set

And be sure to indicate the weight of the Sliding Rollers (aka “Sliders”) or Round Rollers you’d like when you order. Such as SR2820-24 would be 24 gm Sliding Roller, RR2820-26 are 26 gm Round Rollers.

This sale is also open to forum members not located in the US as well. Just contact Dr Pulley / Union Material directly for your local currency prices.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2567
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 am

Good price for anyone looking for these. I use the 28g sliders (close to OEM) and am happy with them.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2016-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:23 am

I have the sliding rolls + The sliding pieces, but still miss more oomph for my SW. I've tried to descripbe this for the maintenance guy, but perhaps I didn't manage to do it correctly. This is how it is decried by DrPulley "if you want to get more power at start, choose a stronger clutch spring to increase the starting rpm."
I tried to solve the issue by changing the variator adjuster spring to the white Malossi spring https://www.malossistore.eu/white-variator-adjuster-spring-ext-81x130mm-thread-7mm-15k-honda-silver-wing-600-4t-lc-2912478_W0-hosi600-M-P. Think it got a bit closer what I'm looking for.Sorry, I'm not very technical person, so I need a bit advice.
If you have been installed the hit performance clutch? Is it worth the money spent on it?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 11:31 am

Leena H wrote:
[Snip]
If you have been installed the hit performance clutch? Is it worth the money spent on it?

Leena, I’ve been using an HiT clutch for several years. At the prices offered it is well worth the money. I know that I paid a lot more when I got my HiT set.

An HiT clutch is not going to give you more oomph, but it will certainly allow the oomph that’s already there to transmit more efficiently to the rear wheel.

It does take a bit of fiddling to sort the clutch springs (for initial engagement) and the “pillow” springs, which “lock” the clutch shoes to the clutch bell at whatever rpm you choose. I finally settled on Black 10 kg springs for the clutch and Black 14.5 kg for the pillow springs.

IMHO The downside of any CVT transmission is the fact the it is very inefficient at delivering the engine horsepower to the rear wheel. Because an HiT clutch locks the clutch shoes to the clutch bell that goes a long way in reducing that inherent inefficiency.

But more initial oomph might just be a matter of switching to lighter variator weights too.
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 11:50 am

Tim, I use 24 g sliding rolls that seems to hit to the sweet spot on DrPulley table. The point where I need more oomph is when starting a bit uphill, I think SW isn't very hungry to start the ride then. That's more obvious if you stop on steeper hills and I've faced this specially on every trip in Norway.
But on a minor scale I find this every time, I leave home yard and have to twist the throttle more than I'd wish for. There is no technical issues on my SW, I think it's the feature of the bike. But according to the DRPulley site and your reply, the HIT clutch might be the answer.
Anyways, I think the discount is on some U.S. site, as I inquired about it on www.drpulley.shopnix.de site, they were not aware of any discounts.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 12:03 pm

Email Dr Pulley (Union Material) direct for the sale prices. They are aware that we have forum members in many other countries other than the USA so will be expecting non-US inquiries and orders.

Inquiries and orders: Service@UnionMaterial.com
Back to top Go down
Leena H
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Leena H

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 6:40 am

Just checked the seller the price. It doesn't bother to order for me. The price plus PayPal´s commission plus the duty is almost the same as at the German DRPulley shop. There is also the risk not to get the product due to whatever reason, the post may lose the package (it has happened to me). Insured postage from Germany is 21€.
The matter may, of course, be completely different in USA.
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 1:12 am

Leena H wrote:
Tim, I use 24 g sliding rolls that seems to hit to the sweet spot on DrPulley table. The point where I need more oomph is when starting a bit uphill, I think SW isn't very hungry to start the ride then. That's more obvious if you stop on steeper hills and I've faced this specially on every trip in Norway.
But on a minor scale I find this every time,  I leave home yard and have to twist the throttle more than I'd wish for. There is no technical issues on my SW, I think it's the feature of the bike. But according to the DRPulley site and your reply, the HIT clutch might be the answer.
Anyways, I think the discount is on some U.S. site, as I inquired about it on www.drpulley.shopnix.de site, they were not aware of any discounts.

Dear members,

Dr.Pulley had stopped the business with www.drpulley.shopnix.de since 2019 (announced on www.drpulley.co and many forums already).
In Germany you can get Dr.Pulley parts from https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/search/Dr.Pulley?page=2.

Dr.Pulley RR, SR provided are all changed
to new Black Pearl material for USA and Europe countries.

Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  2_dr_p10

Regards,
Dr.Pulley
www.drpulley.co
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 12:55 pm

RAYJASPER wrote:
Dr.Pulley RR, SR provided are all changed to new Black Pearl material for USA and Europe countries.

Regards, Dr.Pulley www.drpulley.co

RJ, I note that Dr Pulley's SR’s & RR’s are now made of “Black Pearl” material.  What is the difference between these and the original material composition?    ... or perhaps it is just a marketing exercise?
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 9:06 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
RAYJASPER wrote:
Dr.Pulley RR, SR provided are all changed to new Black Pearl material for USA and Europe countries.

Regards, Dr.Pulley www.drpulley.co

RJ, I note that Dr Pulley's SR’s & RR’s are now made of “Black Pearl” material.  What is the difference between these and the original material composition?    ... or perhaps it is just a marketing exercise?

Hi,

1. First, the heat resistance of Black Pearl is higher than the previous ivory
roller and its dimensional stability are also improved.
2. Secondary, for marketing segmentation,
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2020 9:47 am

RAYJASPER wrote:
... snipped ... What is the difference between these and the original material composition?    ... or perhaps it is just a marketing exercise?
Hi,

1. First, the heat resistance of Black Pearl is higher than the previous ivory roller and its dimensional stability are also improved.

Thanks for your quick response.  Are there any data or test results comparing the ivory with the pearl units?

Will ivory or pearl SR and RR’s be shipped for your sale promotion items?
Back to top Go down
RAYJASPER
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2020 7:37 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
RAYJASPER wrote:
... snipped ... What is the difference between these and the original material composition?    ... or perhaps it is just a marketing exercise?
Hi,

1. First, the heat resistance of Black Pearl is higher than the previous ivory roller and its dimensional stability are also improved.

Thanks for your quick response.  Are there any data or test results comparing the ivory with the pearl units?

Will ivory or pearl SR and RR’s be shipped for your sale promotion items?

Hi, pearl SR, RR will be sent.
As the properties difference please refer to the videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzmmyoJ_ayo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtiZNtE6h6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHROJ3iWrHg&t=2s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Pulley Sale Announcement    Dr Pulley sliders - Dr Pulley Sale Announcement  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr Pulley Sale Announcement
Page 1 of 1