Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gilesmdavis
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-09-12

Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Before I press "buy" on this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-WINEBERRY-RED-3-STAGE-KIT-MOTORCYCLE-TOUCH-UP-PAINT-LACQUER-/171245866967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27df0c8fd7

I was wondering if anyone has had experience.

Whilst our US couterparts have Colorite, I've been having no luck at all finding a paint match apart from RS Paints, who charge both an arm, leg and major organs. Honda don't do it either.

My local Halfords didn't have the paint mix on their system and I even found a formula online but it didn't make sense to their system.

All I want to do is make it a bit less tatty. Anyone tried this or anything else and found a good match for Wineberry red? (Wishing I'd got a silver one now!)
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Anyone in the UK tried e-bay touch up paint ?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm

I  had paint from e-bay when I had the SWing.  I got the aerosol and the brushpot from a place in Ireland and it was really good stuff (mine was digital silver IIRC) and certainly a lot cheaper than RS.  The brand I got  is Auto paint direct from Wilson, Lendrum and Weir , also on Amazon I think.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 5:29 pm

Depending on the colour your Swing there is a lot of colour shades of nail polish that comes near to the colour match of the Swing. Colour right did no come to match my 09 Swing, and the nail polish can be remove if need be.
Back to top Go down
gilesmdavis
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 6:17 am

Thanks bikerboy, tried their site/ebay and it was a bit of a shambles. Will order the from the link above and see how we get on.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Anyone in the UK tried ebay touch up paint?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:39 am

I think that I just put Honda paint no. xxxxxx into google and went from there.  It  may well have been Amazon in the end.  The paint number is on a label under the seat IIRC
Back to top Go down
Siataukreg
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Siataukreg

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

Ring this guy PAUL: 07585 706 030 he will sort it for you just give him the colour code he is on ebay i have just had my panniers colour matched swing PB262 colour great match
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?   Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone (in the UK) tried ebay touch up paint?
Page 1 of 1