Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 4:55 pm

» I said Farewell...
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Handlebar Holder Recall

Go down 
+2
DennisB
billc.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Handlebar Holder Recall Empty
PostSubject: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:44 am

Yesterday I took my 2003 SWing to my dealer for an oil change. They checked the computer and noticed a RECALL on the Handlebar Holder..part # 53012-MCT-305, so they ordered it and REPLACED it at NO CHARGE. It took about 1 1/2 hrs. You may want to check your Honda Dealer about your scoot and the recalled part. They said it was not a PERIL, but a PRECAUTIONARY replacement by Honda.
billc.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:29 am

Bill, Thank's for the heads-up. Did they happen to mension what years Silverwing this recall covers and since the Silverwing and the Reflex uses the same mount, is it also mensioned in the recall?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:34 am

billc. wrote:
Yesterday I took my 2003 SWing to my dealer for an oil change. They checked the computer and noticed a RECALL on the Handlebar Holder..part # 53012-MCT-305, so they ordered it and REPLACED it at NO CHARGE. It took about 1 1/2 hrs. You may want to check your Honda Dealer about your scoot and the recalled part. They said it was not a PERIL, but a PRECAUTIONARY replacement by Honda.
billc.

Interesting that it does not show up here http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/index.html . It might be a "private" recall
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:41 am

Bill, I am not sure about the "private" recall. I did not purchase my bike from this dealer. I saw the service adivsor type the VIN # into the computer and the recall came up. That is all I know. I would be glad to check with the dealer again, but I would suggest any owner contact their local Honda dealer and inquire about the above part and the recall...best...billc.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:27 am

billc. wrote:
Bill, I am not sure about the "private" recall. I did not purchase my bike from this dealer. I saw the service adivsor type the VIN # into the computer and the recall came up. That is all I know. I would be glad to check with the dealer again, but I would suggest any owner contact their local Honda dealer and inquire about the above part and the recall...best...billc.

If you notice http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/07/2002/honda/index.html published SilverWing updates do appear here. So the question is why is it showing up at the dealer and not on the public motorcycle recalls list. It is not unusual for manufactures to have "unpublished" recalls that you only find at the dealer.
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:35 am

I had this recall done on my 2003 also, but it is for 02-03 only: http://www.scootertrap.com/2002%202003%20Honda%20SilverWing%20Steering%20Recall.pdf

I don't think there's anything 'hidden' about it - if you search "Silverwing recall" on Google you'll get lot of hits. The reason many people haven't heard about it is probably just because it's an older recalls and they already sent out notification for it 6 or 7 years ago. If it's still open on your bike, then it just means that the owner at the time didn't have it done for some reason (that's what happened with mine).
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:38 am

Bill, Thank's for the link. Looks like this re-call is for 2002 and 2003 Silverwings only.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 10:33 pm

If http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/index.html does not list this recall ... does anyone know of a website which would all the recalls (including this one).

It would help to have a website that lists all of the recalls in one place. Does anyone know a more reliable website then??
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:41 am

I had heard about the recalls before I bought my used 2003 last September. I came across a website www.automotive.com that had info on all three recalls for the bike.

In the recall information, it states that owners can call American Honda at 800-999-1009 for more information. I called and explained that I was considering buying used and was wondering if the recall would still apply. It does still apply, and they can look your bike up by VIN and tell you if it has been done.

Recalls seem to apply to any owner, as opposed to a warranty, which typically applies only during a specified time or mileage period.

Philip
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:11 pm

buddy19520 wrote:
I had heard about the recalls before I bought my used 2003 last September. I came across a website www.automotive.com that had info on all three recalls for the bike.

Was it this link??

http://www.automotive.com/motorcycle-recalls/141/honda/fsc600/index.html
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 pm

That looks like the page. I viewed it six months ago.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:42 am

The handle bar recall does show up on the Motorcyclist online site: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/09/2003/honda/silver_wing/index.html

Models affected are 2002 and 2003.

I was looking for information on the Center Stand problem noted elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar Holder Recall   Handlebar Holder Recall I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Handlebar Holder Recall
Page 1 of 1