Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
touch up paint I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

touch up paint

Go down 
+16
honda_silver
DARKSUN
mrcaveman
donkeyhater
smorkle
craigory
tlh
Vintruvious
Opalsboy
bobhrc1
midlandchip
spike
johnd
slava777
masscoot
jb1016
20 posters
AuthorMessage

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am

I have a couple of small scratches on my silwerwing and would like to touch up. Does anyone know were to order touch up paint. The dealerships have not been much help. Thanks, MLE
Back to top Go down
jb1016
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
jb1016

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-10-16

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 am

http://www.colorrite.com/ They have your paint but a bit pricy. I had the same problem with my dealer said he couldn`t find a part # for touchup paint. But if he did it would be about $9.00 US . Anyway he never did
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:19 am

Go to Colorite find your year and color.
Back to top Go down
slava777
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-13

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Does anyone know color code for Silver paint (not the main body color)? I am talking about lower skirt, grab rails, etc.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: I used colorright on my right front side that had a lot of scratches. It looks perfect. I ended up painting my helmet and would recomend it to any one. Good luck   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

mle wrote:
I have a couple of small scratches on my silwerwing and would like to touch up. Does anyone know were to order touch up paint. The dealerships have not been much help. Thanks, MLE
Back to top Go down
spike
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-12

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 am

I just ordered from Colorite, got the pen for touchup on my 06 blue sw. The results are amazing, I had white paint showing through on the edges of the fairing, wife couldn't tell where I had chips. Also easy to use.
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm also interested in the silver paint, not paint for the main body parts.
Back to top Go down
bobhrc1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-01-23

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:19 pm

Maybe this will help everyone out!
2002:
NH237 PURE BLACK 08P50-NH237P-PN
R114 CANDY WINEBERRY RED 08704-R114CU-PN
2003:
R101 CANDY GLORY RED 08P50-R101CU-PN
2004:
NH411 FORCE SILVER METALLIC 08P50-NH411M-PN
R150 CANDY RASPBERRY RED 08P50-R150CU-PN
2005:
NH237 PURE BLACK 08P50-NH237P-PN
YR183 TITANIUM METALLIC 08P50-YR183M-PN
2006:
PB358 DELTA BLUE METALLIC 08P50-PB358M-PN
2007:
NHA43 CYBER SILVER METALLIC 08P50-NHA43M-PN
2008:
NH194 HEAVY GRAY METALLIC 08P50-NH194M-PN
2009:
R114 CANDY WINEBERRY RED 08704-R114CU-PN
2010:
R114 CANDYWINEBERRY RED 08704-R114CU-PN
These are all the paint codes and Honda part numbers available from your dealer for around $7.00 a bottle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcchesneymotors.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks Bob... handy chart for reference. Good work.
Back to top Go down
Vintruvious
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-11

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 pm

If you want to do it on the cheap and have a minute to try and match colors. I have found nail polish a pretty good touch up paint. Takes some skill to apply on a really small scratch but the stuff dries really hard. Just an option. Nt really a recommendation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lvvjjr.com
tlh
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-04

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Will someone who used the colorite touch-up paint briefly explain the steps taken to get good results?

I've tried touch-ups on cars before and obtained poor results. I tried my best to follow the paint manufacturers instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-02-12

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 am

It's close to fool proof, just shake the pen, and gently run the thin part of the tip into scratches. Let it dry and walla the scratches disapper. For deeper scratches I did one coat and 24 hours later a second coat. I was amazed how good the Wing looks after I was done.
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:39 pm

tlh mentioned that he would like to know how to apply touch-up paint, and got bad results following the manufacturer instructions. I had this same experience, but then got a good tip from an auto-detailer and got perfect results. Do NOT use the brush attached to the inside of the touch-up paint bottle. It is way way too big to do fine work, and also totally glops up with too much paint. The tip the detailer gave me is to go to an art or hobby store and get a VERY small brush (round bristles with a pointy end). Put very little paint on it and just dab it into the scratch/ding. Don't put too much paint on during one application. You might have to do this procedure several times just to fill a small ding, but the results are great! If you have a large ding or scratch you will want to use a larger version of the same kind of brush. Make sure the bristles width is no more than 1/2 the width of the ding/scratch (1/3 is probably even better if you will have the patience to use it). Because so little paint is being applied one application might not completely cover the color of the underlying material. Just repeat this whole cycle until you are happy with what you see. With regards to filling a scratch or ding before painting, I don't know anything about that. I'm going to post a new thread "How to fill scratches/dings" to find this out from more experienced members. Follow that thread if you need to know how to fill.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:31 pm

I had a few minor scratches on my 2008 Silverwing and I went to Advance Auto Parts and found some "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" that was really close. My bike is the metallic gray color. The bottle I found is for Chrysler vehicles but the number is NG CC 414. I have seen this same brand of touch up paint before at Wal Mart and O'Reiley Auto Parts but neither of them had anything as close as this one. It's not perfectly exact but it's really close, which is good enough for me. $8 wasn't a bad price for it either.
Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Registration date : 2011-09-18

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:16 pm

smorkle wrote:
It's not perfectly exact but it's really close, which is good enough for me. $8 wasn't a bad price for it either.

For $6.99, full retail, at your local Honda dealership, you CAN have a perfect match. Was good enough for me and a bit more than 7 bucks wasnt a bad price either.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:27 pm

donkeyhater wrote:
smorkle wrote:
It's not perfectly exact but it's really close, which is good enough for me. $8 wasn't a bad price for it either.

For $6.99, full retail, at your local Honda dealership, you CAN have a perfect match. Was good enough for me and a bit more than 7 bucks wasnt a bad price either.

For $39.99 at my honda dealer I could have a perfect match.
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:28 pm

hi donkeyhater,
did you fill any scratches or gouges before touch-up? What did you use, and how did you do it?
Back to top Go down
mrcaveman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-08-11

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 am

Honda has the exact match for around $9. Its a small bottle with a brush under the cap. No shipping cost.
Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:36 am

smorkle wrote:
donkeyhater wrote:
smorkle wrote:

For $39.99 at my honda dealer I could have a perfect match.
You must have the big bucks!! Soon, your Honda dealer will have iyour pocket full of $$ as you are overpaying them.

Craigory, I didnt do any filling. The scratches were not deep. Merely scratches that knocked the paint off and allowed the white plastic to show through. With patience, you could build up the gouge with several coats of paint allowing them to dry in between in order to fill a gouge. If you have several deep gouges and this would be time consuming to say the least.

I picked up two touch up paints at my local dealer for 6.99 each. I have an 05 so it has two tone paint, Titanium Metallic for the body panels and Sparkling Silver Metallic for the lower body panels, wheels, passenger footpegs, and rear package carrier.
Back to top Go down
DARKSUN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DARKSUN

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-02

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 am

Anyone have the code for the 2006 Sparkling Silver metallic?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 am

Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 am

DARKSUN wrote:

Certainly, right from the touch up pen itself

Honda # 08P50-NH295M-PN (SPARKLING SILVER METALLIC)

Last edited by donkeyhater on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
donkeyhater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am

honda_silver wrote:
DARKSUN wrote:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t527-touch-up-paint-pen-for-the-honda-silverwing#3708

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2570-touch-up-paint#27664

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2080-just-bought-very-low-mileage-s-wing#18186

Unfortunately, The Sparkling Silver Metallic paint code is nowhere to be found on any of those 3 threads (with one link being THIS thread).

Sparkling Silver Metallic is the color you will need if you want to (perfectly) touchup your rims, rear cargo shelf, lower body panels (on the years that have two tone paint scheme), fork sliders, passenger foot pegs, etc.
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:03 pm

I am trying to touch up a few significant gouges on my tupperware, and I've been using the Honda touch-up paint. It worked fine for all of the small scratches, but not so much for the bigger ones. I think that the consistency is too thin to adequately cover a large gouge with lots of white showing. It basically just tints it even after a few coats.

I've checked into ColorRite and they do have the color for my 2002 Candy Wineberry Red. I'm wondering about the consistency. Is it really thin like regular touch-up paint, or does it have a thicker consistency which might cover a little thicker? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
john123
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
john123

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2010-02-21

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 7:21 pm

It is a GREAT paint and it does not need to be thicker. I just finished up a small project on my 08 and even though there was hi humidity in the air I did the work inside an unused bed room that was worm. That really up set the old lady but she got over it. I did have a large air purifier running at the time.
Back to top Go down
DareStx
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2020-11-12

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: wake up a old thread   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi, I just got my SWing last night, and it have a few minor scratches, I read on here about the colorrite touch up paint, my question is, for the touch up pen, do I need the base and clear coat or just the base to fill a few small scratches?
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 1:31 pm

DareStx, an old thread but worth adding to for others seeking guidance so here it is.  I have the same year and color as you and ordered the 2oz. touch-up kit from ColorRite. The Honda code for this Candy Wineberry Red color is R114CU.  There are actually three layers to the '09 Candy Wineberry Red.  

The base is 1470-1 ... it applies medium-dark grey ... similar to a grey primer color.  

The second or color coat is 2124 and it is the Wineberry color.  I find it goes on thick and needs to be thinned down and ideally applied with a fine, thin bristled artist's brush.  The brush inside of Colorite's 2oz bottle is simply too thick and does a sloppy job when a fine touch is required.

The final coat you'll want is the clear coat.  It is a gloss sheen and I used Dupli-Color's gloss clear coat and it worked fine. Just allow for lots of dry time in between coats and after the final coat is down before you polish.

So far, I have been pleased with the results from the Colorite kit following the detailed instructions on how to use their products they have on their website.  The only thing I would do differently would be to order ColorRite's paint thinner as the "normal paint thinners" I've tried do not seem to work very well with their proprietary paint formulations.  Warning - ColorRite's products are not cheap but they are of a good quality and do a good job if you follow their instructions.  

As a side note, I asked our local custom paint house to mix up a rattle can of this paint code for me.  At that time, I did not have a liquid paint sample for him to go by other than a panel off of the scooter itself.  He tried but said he couldn't get it to match correctly.  At that time, we didn't know the base layer was grey and he couldn't just match just to the Wineberry Red color panel alone.

Last edited by sonuvabug on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Sonuvabug is right, but FWIW:

“BGM0532 Dark Garnet Red Metallic (76 WA9154)” by Dupli-Color is supposed to match our ‘09 Candy Wineberry Red color.

I found that alleged color match on a site which had a long list of Honda color match paints. But I’ve forgotten where. Anyway this Dark Garnet Red Metallic was originally used on some GM vehicle. I bought a can when I first got my ‘09 in 2014 but it’s sat needed but unused on a shelf in the shed since then. I just can't muster up the patience to do the job.
Back to top Go down
DareStx
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 6:39 pm

awesome, thanks, anyone familiar with this one as well?

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/honda/silver-wing-600/#pf-color=95576&pf-product=pen
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 7:54 pm

Sorry ... not heard of touchupdirect.com
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 8:12 pm

DareStx wrote:
awesome, thanks, anyone familiar with this one as well?

https://touchupdirect.com/touch-up-paint/honda/silver-wing-600/#pf-color=95576&pf-product=pen

Hmm... If I’m reading it correctly it looks as if those kit options may also require a “base coat” at an additional $21.

Do let us know how you get on with your project.
Back to top Go down
DareStx
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 12:01 pm

ok, thanks, will order the color rite kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

touch up paint Empty
PostSubject: Re: touch up paint   touch up paint I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

touch up paint
Page 1 of 1