Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello from Illinois!
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 6:44 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:53 pm

» checking the oil
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Today at 3:11 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Sat May 11, 2024 12:57 am

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 10:36 pm

» Greetings from a 'Wing' newbie
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri May 10, 2024 1:11 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby Silverwingdays Fri May 10, 2024 11:20 am

» YSS rear shocks for sale
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Wed May 08, 2024 5:11 pm

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 11:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 9:11 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins

Go down 
+4
JeffR_
Cosmic_Jumper
Mudnman
Dale N.
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-14

aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins Empty
PostSubject: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm

About the only thing I have left to do on my "new" 08 Wing is the drive belt and rollers/pins. I ordered them this morning from Larson Cycle in Cambridge, MN for just under $200. It will take about 4-5 days for them to arrive. I will change both and keep the old belt as a spare. It looks like it's in real good shape but looks can be deceiving. The Wing has 18,245 miles on it and I don't know when the belt was changed, or if it ever has been. So, to be safe rather than sorry I will change it and have an old one as a spare. Then I can write down the mileage in my aCar phone app and have it alert me when the time is getting close to put in a new belt.

I've also got to put together some sort of tool kit to carry in the bike. It didn't come with one and I'm not sure if my sister ever had it. I have some old plastic tool boxes that will work and I'll just carry that under the seat. I have plenty of extra wrenches, sockets and screw drivers to make up a kit.

Even tho I can't ride it much yet I still can enjoy getting it, and myself, ready.
Back to top Go down
Mudnman
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2014-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm

You can remove cover and belt now.Clean all the dust out .Then its all done when you get new parts.

Tool.
https://2img.net/h/s8.postimg.cc/a7fc900w5/image.jpg
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Here is a link to the Tool Kit that was originally supplied with the early SWings.
The Partzilla prices are notably better than local Honda dealers.

+1 on taking your belt case off now and cleaning things up so that you are ready to go when your new parts arrive. It's not like it's going to stop snowing up there anytime soon;)

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Scooter/2003/FSC600D+AC/TOOLS/parts.html

Tim
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:30 pm

My tool kit they gave me was so bad I'm not even sure what I could have done with it. I think it was a really cheap screwdriver and I think some kind of socket that may fit a sparkplug but the sparkplugs on the SWing are down about 5-6" so it wouldn't work. I put a pictorial for replacing the belt so you should read that a couple of times. It is really easy but just will take about an hour your first time to get used to removing the parts.

I just use an electric impact wrench I got at Harbor Freight for $40 and it works great.
Back to top Go down
ScooterBJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Just did mine this morning. New Honda belt and 26 gram Dr Pulley sliders. All was in good shape but lots of belt dust to clean out. My 2004 has 15K miles on it. Have not yet checked the old belt to see if it is within spec. All went smoothly. There is a good video on YouTube that shows the process.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1987
Registration date : 2014-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 12:04 am

I talked to my sister about an hour ago, 5 PM, and she said that the guy she bought it from put in a new belt and sliders so I will at least have a brand new set when I have to change this one in about 10,000 or so miles. I've had the covers off and looked at the belt. There wasn't any dust that I could see and the belt looked brand new. So it looks like he did change everything he said he changed. My sister also said that before he sold it to her he was going to take a long trip on it. Unless he was lying through his teeth everything should be good to go.

I'm also going to go through my metric tools and work up a tool kit to keep in the Wing. I have enough doubles of wrenches, sockets etc. to make up a pretty good tool kit. I also put a throttle lock on it today. I've had them on three of my other bikes and like them a lot. It went on pretty easy with a bit of filing to get the tab to fit between the brake and throttle cables. It works great now. And I can check my speedo against my GPS and see how close they are.

I also hooked up a USB cable from the battery to the handle bars to power my phone while riding. That also works. My homemade mount also fits and holds the phone at the proper angle to see well. Now I can text and surf while riding and crash into other cars and trees. Just kidding... Mad 

I was able to take it out for a ride today too. Sunday they are talking temps around 70 so there goes another ride. Not exactly where I'll go but there's lots of roads in MN to ride on.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 12:30 am

Dale,

If you need a good GPS mount you should get in touch with DennisB.  I had his mount and it was great.  Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
sctr199
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
sctr199

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:25 am

JeffR_ wrote:
My tool kit they gave me was so bad I'm not even sure what I could have done with it.  I think it was  a really cheap screwdriver and I think some kind of socket that may fit a sparkplug but the sparkplugs on the SWing are down about 5-6" so it wouldn't work.

I can beat that. The "tool Kit" that came with my '12 SWing was the typical phillips screwdriver & handle, enclosed in the typical plastic sheath which was also packed with a piece of foam. I guess Honda wanted the kit to be easier to find in the dark in case I needed something to scratch my *ss with while waiting for a tow.

Needless to say, I made up my own tool kit.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:53 pm

You need to add a 10 mm socket on a 3" extension to work the spark plug wrench.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 1:58 pm

I had the same "tool kit" come with my 2007.
It's laughable that they even included it
A cost cutting move on their part .
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 2:16 pm

cotetoi wrote:
You need to add a 10 mm socket on a 3" extension to work the spark plug wrench.

Actually, with the OEM tool kit shown on the Partzilla link above, the spark plug tool (which others have described as lame) is intended so that the kit's 10/12 box wrench can be used. Think leverage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins   aftermarket  oem belt - Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ordered New Drive Belt and Rollers/Pins
Page 1 of 1