Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

DR pulley sliders-bike vibration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-28

DR pulley sliders-bike vibration Empty
PostSubject: DR pulley sliders-bike vibration   DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:07 am

A week ago I installed a set of DR pulley sliders. I got 26g weights, the acceleration isn't much different, but I am enjoying the lower RPMS at highway speeds. The bike at lower speeds now vibrates when using the throttle, so much that I can't see clearly in the rear view mirror. Is this normal? The vibration smooths out when the variator is fully extended, around 55 mph.

Over the past 2 months I went from my worn out Jcosta, back to stock, then to the DR pulley sliders. So far, the stock seems to be the best overall, even though I'm sure new Jcosta pins would help that one out. I think there's potential in DR pulley, just the vibration is getting annoying.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: DR pulley sliders-bike vibration   DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:23 am

I've read that the DR Pulleys sliders must be installed in a specific way. Do you think you might have one or more installed backwards/upside down?

Most people seem to like them.

I use a JC variator. Have put about 7000 miles on it and still like it. My recollection of the stock variator is the rumble in the dashboard upon acceleration - I much prefer the smoothness of the J Costa.

Please let us know your outcome. A comparison between the three types of variators/weights would also be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: DR pulley sliders-bike vibration   DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 pm

The 'grooved' side of the Dr Pulley Sliders faces the fixed ramp plate, and the flat surface rests on the center hub of the movable variator sheave.

Did you use Blaster Dry Lube? Ya gotta spray the variator ramps with that stuff. It evaporates quickly and leaves a dry white lubricant.

Hope this makes sense.

Tim
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: DR pulley sliders-bike vibration   DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I am fairly certain that I installed them in the correct manner, but I didn't lube them. I'll take it apart to inspect and lube again. I may order another set of DR Sliders to get a better weight for my desired riding style.

I put 16k miles on my Jcosta and originally I loved it. I got tired of the more frequent belt changes since it only drives on one side of the variator. I got 8k on my belts. The road manners of the Jcosta were great, more power when needed by allowing the scoot to rev higher at low speeds but high throttle, also at high speed the revs were lower which made highways better.

When I pulled my belt apart to check my clutch since there was slipping at low speed high power starts, I found that the belt was so worn that both sides of the variator would come in contact with each other. The belt only had 8k miles on it, so I figured that I'd start experimenting with other stuff. I put the stock variator back in for a while to get use to it before modding again. I was surprised most by the revs on the highway of the stock setup. A brief 90 mph jaunt with high revs gave me the modding bug again. I bought 26g DR pulley sliders and the revs are very similar to stock but the variator doesn't max out as soon, around 60 mph, and when it does, the revs on the highway are lower. This should be constant for any weight DR pulley, but now I think I want lighter weights to get some of the Jcosta acceleration back. The only downside to the sliders is the vibration that I am experiencing. Maybe one slipped on install, but I'll add dry lube when I inspect.

buddy19520, if you want to check out the sliders, I'm a few exits down I-77 on the other side of Huntersville, we should get together and ride sometime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DR pulley sliders-bike vibration   DR pulley sliders-bike vibration I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DR pulley sliders-bike vibration
Page 1 of 1