Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Goodbye guys
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:58 pm

» LF extended back rest
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 4:29 pm

» noise under load
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 pm

» checking the oil
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby arcamedies13 Sat May 18, 2024 9:32 am

» Ignition wires to which plug?
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Thu May 16, 2024 6:39 pm

» Hello from Illinois!
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby DescendingRaven Wed May 15, 2024 2:13 pm

» Silverwing Brakes
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Tue May 14, 2024 11:57 pm

» Anyone have a trailer hitch for sale
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

» Left brake micro-switch
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby Johnboy Fri May 10, 2024 7:57 pm

» Car tire for towing with a Silverwing?
It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

It’s a sad day!

Go down 
+8
thomphoto
Cosmic_Jumper
JeffR
honda_silver
joncallihan
dspevack
MikeO
DennisB
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:31 am

It’s a sad day,

I was just over at the other sight (.org) and a fellow Silverwing rider was having trouble with his wiring from his Coo Case to his bike. Because of the simple fact I cannot show my Perfect Connector on that sight and he is going to butcher his Honda cable harness/wiring to his rear lights.

A sad day indeed for this owner and his poor bike.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3798
Registration date : 2009-06-29

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:42 am

I suppose there's no way of contacting him - PM or similar?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 am

Mike, I tried to send him a PM, but there was no respose and I cannot tell him about the Perfect Connector on open forum because I'm forbiden to do that by the owner of that forum. Just a sad day. Sad
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:26 am

Is it my imagination, or did the entire parts and accessories section disappear from there?

Dan
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am

Dennis,
I've posted about your connector without being specific and sent him a PM with my e-mail address.

No, Dan, you are not imagining things - it has gone.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:04 am

The feeling I get from this is...It's like watching live video of a tribal elder in some far off world knocking a hole in a young persons skull by using a sharp rock and a stick to pry with, to let out an evil spirit when the child only has an infected tooth and you have the antibiotics to help this far off child. Sad...Very Sad.Sad
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:11 am

You're too nice, Dennis (you know what I mean).

It's pathetic!

I noticed I mention your name in my signature there - I wonder I haven't been banned for it.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:16 am

A MichaelJ just posted that he used one of your plug-n-play connectors. Of course, no mention of DennisB. Sad.

:flower:

I just re-read the post there. The DennisB connector is listed in the fine print (part of the signature block). But, as we all know, no one reads the fine print.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:38 am

I deliberately registered with a different name on there as I was trying to hide any connection between here and there - cover now blown! Rolling Eyes

Indeed I have posted there but I thought a mention of Dennis might get it deleted and, as I said, I've PM'd the original poster with my e-mail address.

Add to that the fact that my signature there states I have a DennisB GPS Mount and Rear-Light connector.......!
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:45 am

It appears the "name" DennisB is not a no-no there. In the thread about the underseat luggage box, he has a post, complete with a link to a seller of said boxes. Just not something that he makes.

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?tid=5068

Makes one wonder, what???? Shocked Shocked

Once I posted this, I find that he blocks direct reference to posts within the site. Even more wonderment. Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:57 am

I wonder if you could "hide" your gear behind a small web storefront then you would not be a member just a vendor ... they used to allow discussion of vendors and vendors products.

Does anyone know of any free ( or very cheap ) storefronts that Dennis might be able to "use"??
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 am

Jon,

It is true that I'm still a member there...But I cannot tell anyone of the accessories I make for the Silverwing or I will get kicked off that forum by the owner.

From what it sounds like...No one can.

John wants all his members in the dark about what's avilable in the world of accessories for the Silverwing.

I just whish the Honda Dealers would start using my products. It sounds like they really messed this guys bike wiring up.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:02 pm

I just can't seem to understand that guy. The thing that gets me is that he doesn't even own a Silver Wing anymore. It seems since Dan left as moderator that the site really has gone down hill. I don't even know why people still ask for info there anymore. It's too bad too since it was a really good site. That site is the reason I bought my Swing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:35 pm

JeffR wrote:
<edit> That site is the reason I bought my Swing.
;-)

What?!..You mean that it wasn't my insightful and stunning technical posts on the Yahoo site that influenced your decision to buy a Silverwing?

Jeez, that hurts.

Tim

And here, all along...
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:08 pm

I am cancelling my membership on that site. No useful info there anymore. I wonder why he continues to operate the site.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm

Thomphoto... the best way to cancel your membership is to sign on and say something nice about this forum... automatic cancellation. Ads a little fun to the process.
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Ok, sounds like a plan. I couldn't find a way to cancel on the site.
I'm going to advertise Dennis's stuff and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Wow, it won't let me list a link, and even when I type in silverwing600 it xxxxx'x it out. What a jerk.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

I just posted: "There is nothing better then accessories that work, and that are easy to install, and fit correctly right out of the box. They make a JOB into a JOY.

DennisB"

Lets see how long it take john to remove this statment.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Hey Dennis... keep me posted... I won't give the jerk the satisfaction of showing a gazillion visits to his worthless site.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Well, I just said good by to the .org sight. Never going back! The people there are happy in their little bubble of security. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm sure SidHo has received information about your connector, from many sources by now. Althought your design is not a new idea, it is the only plug and play solution available for the Silverwing, for that we are greatful. Having said that, it may be too late for him. It sounds like they performed some horrible surgery on his electrical system. Yikes!

The one thing we have in common with the other folks is that we are all own Silverwings. I agree Dennis, that one of the minions flammed you inside a post from someone asking (needing) some help. That was out of line. You were just trying to be helpful as all of us know you are!

Lets try to wrap up this discussion and move along to subjects we like to talk about.

Just my 2¢ worth
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 am

I just registered at the site with sw6hundreddcom and it took. I think ill become a fanboy, and stir shit up
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 am

That's funny Tagg. He will probably change his system to not reconize that though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:19 am

Tagg wrote:
I just registered at the site with sw6hundreddcom and it took. I think ill become a fanboy, and stir shit up

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers :lol!: rolling laughter
Back to top Go down

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 12:35 pm

There's no reason for any animosity between that site and this one. It's not a competition. It's a bunch of people getting together to try and gather helpful information about something they use and enjoy.

That being said, the other site does suck.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 am

thomphoto wrote:
I am cancelling my membership on that site. No useful info there anymore. I wonder why he continues to operate the site.

How do you cancell the membership on that site? I have asked him to remove me, but so far he has not. I sign in on the name Elmo
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 am

I still wish I could help those riders on the .org sight...John is at the helm of this ghost ship. Those members that stay are under his control. Freedom to say anything is slowly being taken away from them. I my opinion, John is like some dark, festering dictator. He sits over his sick domain and gloats over how he is in control over the remaining members. I feel so sad for those people...but that is a choice they need to make for themselves. They will see the light someday and ride into this light of freedom we now share.

The warm sunshine of a beautiful spring day and the smell of wild flowers. The feel of the free wind in my face...and to be a member here...Thank GOD and Thank you JeffR for this forum.
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Windrider wrote:
thomphoto wrote:

How do you cancell the membership on that site? I have asked him to remove me, but so far he has not. I sign in on the name Elmo

I couldn't find a way to cancel either, so I just posted a link to this site, and promoted DennisB's products. Bingo, banned.

Wendell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It’s a sad day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: It’s a sad day!   It’s a sad day! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It’s a sad day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Accessories & Modifications-
Jump to: