Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

From Pan European to Silverwing

Go down 
+2
Mottza
Green7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Green7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2021-07-26

From Pan European to Silverwing Empty
PostSubject: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Hi,

As the title suggests I've recently changed my ride. My old ST1100 was just too heavy and barge like for my 15 mile each way commute into Feltham (near Heathrow) so I've decided on a Silverwing. , I've purchased locally a 2008 model with 19k on the clock.

My first ride into work today was different, everything around me seem larger and I just didn't feel the road presence I got with the ST but I guess I'll get used to it.

On the plus side the ride was smooth and relaxed, love the kicked back riding position, and no constant gear changing.

I do all my own maintainance so I expect I'll be on here a lot learning and hopefully contributing too
Back to top Go down
Mottza
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Mottza

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2021-07-21

PostSubject: Re: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 4:57 pm

It's funny. I just moved from a Forza to a Silverwing and it feels quite large.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1981
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Welcome Green7 to the BEST SWing forum on the net.
There's lots of info here for doing your own work on your SWing. The "Search" box at the top left is your friend plus lots of people here ready and willing to help.
The SWing is a great machine for sure!! I also have an 08 SWing but I had mine converted over to a trike about 4 years ago.
From Pan European to Silverwing Coborn37
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 9:28 pm

Welcome takes a bit of time to adjust from a larger bike to SW with its twist and go system. No pegs and feet forward seating. Have fun this bike will take you anywhere you want to go and then some.
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 11:04 pm

I've had the pleasure of owning both the 1100 and 1300 Pan Europeans and covered about 30,000km on each. They are beautifully engineered for a specific task which is covering big miles in a single gulp. My best day was just on 1300km of twisty roads, and the bike was ready for more at the end of that.
From Pan European to Silverwing Img_4110
From Pan European to Silverwing Img_1711
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 am

Great idea changing from the ST1100 to the Swing. I owned a beautiful ST 1100 after thinking it would be a better ride than my 08 S/W. I added footpegs a large top box and pedal extension's because I am 6'2 in. and ended up selling it because it was never as comfortable, or easy to ride. Yes, it takes some getting used to but I never looked back after selling it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Pan European to Silverwing   From Pan European to Silverwing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Pan European to Silverwing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: