Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Inspection on our Silverwings

Go down 
+7
Mech 1 twa
oldwingguy
terrier
Loosemarbles
Thebreen
EvilTwin
Cosmic_Jumper
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost-rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Inspection on our Silverwings Empty
PostSubject: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello ALL
I am wondering what you all have paid for the Swing
inspection??? Last yr. I paid a whopping 25 cents for real.
The yrs before that I was paying I think $7 bucks a yr.
So what is the difference between the Swing and a Motorcycle
Inspection? I am curious .
Ghost Rider Greg
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 7:31 am

Pay? to the state? like Pennsylvania does? o-HI-o at one time had a voluntary roadside inspection but it wasn't required and factually it was a farce.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 am

What kind of inspection?

In PA we have a state-mandated yearly safety Inspection wherein a mechanic, err,  licensed technician, visually inspects brakes, tires, lights, etc. and insures that the VIN #'s match and that the scoot is Insured, etc. Then a sticker is slapped onto the front fork leg as evidence that your scoot has been properly inspected. The cost for that can run from $20 on up, depending on whether that Inspection is performed at a "powersports" dealer or a local-guy shop.
Back to top Go down
EvilTwin
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
EvilTwin

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2017-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 am

Similar in VA. They charge 12 for bikes. All lights working, tire tread depth. More of a pain than its worth.
Back to top Go down
Thebreen
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2011-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 11:29 am

Do you still need vehicle inspection in Texas?
While safety inspections are required throughout the state, emissions testing is required of vehicles inspected in 17 Texas counties to comply with federally mandated clean air requirements. Vehicle inspections are performed at Official Vehicle Inspection Stations licensed by DPS.

so yes - what kind of inspection and performed by who, and is it required by law? i can't believe they would bother with billing you for a lousy $0.25 - unless they are getting big fat subsidy from the state/county/city (or any combination).

"So what is the difference between the Swing and a Motorcycle
Inspection? " $7 -$0.25 = $6.75, therefore the difference is $6.75 ba da dum chickendance

Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi everyone, I'm curious about this inspection. Is this the same as the annual MOT test which we have here in the UK? The test here is fairly strict. We don't get a zap sticker though, it's all kept on police records. The inspection includes wheel bearings, headstock, swing arms etc. as well as the usual brakes, lights, speedo etc. The SW is classed as a normal motorcycle. It costs £54 nationwide.
Back to top Go down
terrier
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2015-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Loosebearing wrote:
It costs £54 nationwide.

It's £54.85 for a car and £29.65 for a motorcycle but the test centre can charge less if they want but not more.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Emissions are checked in o-hi-o but only in specific areas / cities. The strange to that idea is just a matter of feet may mean one doesn't need the check, stranger I wasn't aware " bad air " stayed in place at least not for very long so why not all of the state.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Yeah here in PA. we have to pay. Dealers charge $30-35 in this area. Not many smaller shops that I know of. $.75 is a good price that won't even pay for the sticker here dealers have to buy them from state. PA. has some stupid rules about the time of year its inspected based on registration date.
If my registration expires in Sept. and I have it inspected in April its only good till Sept. 6 months. If I have it done in Sept. its good for the year????

It's really just a money thing IN the name of public safety.

Cars-trucks emission inspections are more about Federal funds that the state receives.

Back to top Go down
Ghost-rider
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 pm

Yes I did get my inspection this yr at mancuso powers sports motorcycle dealer. I had it done
about 1.5 months ago. The gave me the paper which read 25 cents on it and the inspector
said it was free. He said to much paper work just for 25 cents. That is here in Houston tx..
It takes about 20 to 25 minutes and I am on my way I LIKE those FREE inspections on my
Honda Silverwing scooter. Can not beat that price lol NO issues with my bike.
Ghost rider Greg
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 11:46 pm

In Hawaii new vehicles get a two year sticker on the license plate. After the first two years an annual inspection is required. Motorcycles and scooters including mopeds have to be inspected at a motorcycle dealer. The dealers just check the lights, horn, brakes, lights, tires. No immesions are done. If it passes, the dealer has to take pictures of your bike and print you a sticker to be affixed to your license plate. Funny thing is that if you rub the sticker with a strong cleaner, the ink on the sticker can be removed. That goes for stickers for all vehicles requiring inspections. Dealers charge $20 for the inspection..
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 8:11 am

It's really just a money thing IN the name of public safety <<>> Smile and only as good as the inspecting inspector .
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 2:02 pm

I stand corrected about the cost 'terrier'. I'm sure you're right. I have been riding since 19th Sept without a current MOT...(why don't we get reminders like we do with tax and insurance?). My SW is in for MOT next Wednesday, then Tax on 1 October then Insurance on 6 October...yikes !

It's always worth having the bike checked over once a year. The guy who does my MOT is sensible about what he will pass or fail. He's a keen biker and has run a successful business for many years now. I trust him with my life...so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1384
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 5:19 pm

I like that inspecting inspector.
I took my FJR this afternoon for inspection 2005 45k passed no issues no waiting done in 30 minutes.
$31 bucks. It's only been expired for a year but I'm good now till 9/19.

A rare weekend here no rain and 70 degrees this summer was mostly rain.
Back to top Go down
Scootypuff Snr
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Scootypuff Snr

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2017-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Mine's in for inspection (MOT) this Friday 5th (3 days overdue)

I said can you fit a new set of rear brake pads as I noticed there isn't any meat left.  Sad
Leave it with is a few days and we'll give it a once over was the reply.  Question  
I'd love to I said but I'm riding it 100 miles for you to do  Shocked
Asked is there anything else needed doing I replied I hope not I look after it, but I'm also not the inspector study

There are closer inspection centres but I'm going somewhere I trust and don't BS about things that aren't necessary.
Back to top Go down
lewjayjr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2017-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Inspection on our Silverwings   Inspection on our Silverwings I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2018 11:36 am

Back years ago, Ga had annual auto inspections. Could go to most service stations and get them done. Cracked windshield would require new windshield. If you traded at the station, they would usually cut you some slack. Finally went away as it got to be a joke.
Back to top Go down

Inspection on our Silverwings
Page 1 of 1