Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services

Go down 
+3
DennisB
pancho
rlehs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rlehs
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services Empty
PostSubject: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:39 am

I am looking to purchase a used Silver Wing off of either Craigslist or eBay. Now before we get into the debate about whether buying online is a good or bad choice, the number of available used Silver Wings with the ABS brakes where I live in Minnesota is about zero, and flying to a scooter to look at it seems a bit of a costly hassle and then I'm almost required to buy the thing because I can't go flying around the country looking at used scooters. So lets assume I am going to buy something from Craigslist or eBay. What I'm trying to find is a trustworthy pre-purchase, pre buy vehicle, scooter, motorcycle inspection service or company that will go look at the scooter for $XX dollars and tell me if the online photos are even real and anything else they will offer in regards to starting it, looking at the options or other things like that.

I don't know which state I will end up purchasing the scooter from so it needs to be a company that covers either nationally or regionally.

Anything like this out there?

Appreciate in advance any help.
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I would think the neariest Dealer would do tht if the seller brought the scooter to them! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Hello rlehs,

What year Silverwing are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
rlehs
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm

DennisB... I'm looking for a 2007 or newer with ABS in decent shape, no drops with under 10k miles for a total price for the scooter, delivery and all the rest for $5k.
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

You might want to look at left over Dealer inventory

I bought my 2007 new for $5900 pus tax and tags.

Evidently the Silver Wing has not been a hot seller for Honda here in the
U.S. so you might be able to find a left new non current model for a good price
Back to top Go down
rlehs
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Wow, that's a great deal. The wife wants us to have ABS, but getting a new ride for just a few dollars more in a later model year works for me. I've done some checking where i know to look and haven't seen anything like that but I'll keep my eyes open.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Six miles away at Honda Town has this 2004 with 1282 miles on it! I know you said ABS but really worth a look. NADA average retail is $2800
http://hondatown.net/USED%20SILVERWING.htm
Personally I think you are going to drive yourself crazy trying to get this deal to work for you.

In your introduction you indicated you were a newbie, I interpret that as having little or no saddle time. Here is something to think about: ABS alone is not going to save your life. Good riding skills and defensive riding technique can be just as effective. Take some of that cash and sign up for the MSF safe rider course, what you learn there WILL save your life.

Lucian thanks for that great explanation! God bless you for being able to share your experience with us. I have had a few pucker moments myself. My intent here is sincere. I am not anti-ABS just the opposite. After reading all of his posts and everyones responses, no one suggested the riders safety course. Our advise here is to nuture new riders on all kinds of topics; Silverwings, safety gear, riding techniques, places to go things to see etc.

I apologize in advance if I have bent any noses Embarassed

Welcome to the site rlehs and the mrs too!
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Hey "riehs",
As a brand new rider, I bought my 2005 SWing off of Craigslist ('bout 3 years ago) but it was through a dealer in Wisconsin. Took them at their advertising word about the bike being in great shape as to mileage, shape, etc, and it was. They also set up the delivery thru another company (which I paid about $400 for) and had it here in pretty short order.

As it turned out, thru much online shopping, I got the SWing right at blue book price (actually about $500 under since I got the ABS but then had to pay the freight) Lucky? Guess so. Worked for me tho. Good Luck to Ya'. Oh yeah... and let me welcome you to the forum also!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 8:19 am

If you cannot fix yourself unseen used can be quite a hassle. Best to buy from dealer near home. Leftovers can sometimes be found by dealers at decent price.

Remember while the SilverWing is fine scooter, it ain't cheap to fix. Leftovers do have warranty bought from Honda dealer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services   Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Finding Pre Purchase Inspection Services
Page 1 of 1