Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Sinko De Mayo
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 4:42 am

» checking the oil
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 pm

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:28 am

» Silver Wing for sale - UK
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 am

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2019-10-20

[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now Empty
PostSubject: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 9:38 am

Starting to feel the age of my bike, I tried ordering some pieces from honda and I have been on backorder without eta for like 2 months now. They can't seem to find this piece.
I'm looking for both lids for the top trunk and glove compartment. For my 2005 swing
(Honda LID SET R & L)
And I do know that some pieces are interchangeable do a certain span of years but how much you even know if they have that in stock either. And some people on eBay are just jacking up the prices on them for USED ones. At this point I'm willing to settle for anything that fits and then I'll just strip the paint off, buy the paint set and paint it the correct color of my bike. I would reuse mine but the previous owner drilled holes in both of them to install speakers that I no longer use and they are also the wrong color now as I changed my bikes chassis color to metallic titanium. I wonder if any sites have the pieces LOCALLY in stock?

Last edited by XDM© on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 11:14 am

Why not upgrade those cubby lids to the newer textured, black, padded-look lids? Check the Search tab here for several previous posts about the parts needed to change over. 

Partzilla has the parts for the change over readily available. See their parts list for a 2009 model.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 11:34 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
Why not upgrade those cubby lids to the newer textured, black, padded-look lids? Check the Search tab here for several previous posts about the parts needed to change over. 

Partzilla has the parts for the change over readily available. See their parts list for a 2009 model.
I thought for that very same reason of Honda changing that design that I couldn't use any model past 06 on my 05
Found it here.
https://www.silverwing600.com/t4677-parts-list-for-up-dating-glove-box-covers

Looks like a fair amount of pieces are necessary I'll have to make up my mind if I want to do that or not or if I will just restore the pieces I have
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2021 12:26 pm

mmm ... I have a complete used, extra black textured set up that I was going to put up for sale locally in a couple of weeks. I bought it (from former member Dan Spevack) to convert my 2005 SWing and ended up selling that scoot without performing the dash conversion.

Included are all of the necessary pieces need to go from a pre-2006 matching paint set up to a 2007+ textured black set up including both cubby lids, the cubbies themselves, the large textured dash surround piece plus all of the related hardware. There is even an integrated 12v lighter socket in the left cubby and an installed rheostat dial for handgrip warmers, auxiliary light control etc.

Logistics from Canada to Philly is the challenge here.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2021 9:03 am

As I complained about it they FINALLY found them. They shipped this morning after 2 months of waiting. They probably had to make it from scratch 🤣
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2021 9:05 am

Glad to see you got it sorted
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2021 10:21 am

XDM:copyright: wrote:
As I complained about it they FINALLY found them. They shipped this morning after 2 months of waiting. They probably had to make it from scratch 🤣

Awesome. The black textured lids provide a bit of extra "head" room and they certainly feel much more solid than the matching paint ones did.
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2021 10:33 am

sonuvabug wrote:
XDM:copyright: wrote:

Awesome.  The black textured lids provide a bit of extra "head" room and they certainly feel much more solid than the matching paint ones did.
I see that little raise is pretty good. My left compartment has a small toolkit and hand sanitizer in it and if you don't PERFECTLY pack it it's hard to close so I can see where they kettle little extra room can help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now   [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now
Page 1 of 1