Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!

Go down 
+6
old fart
bigbird
smorkle
buddy19520
tarmacburner2
andirsv
10 posters
AuthorMessage
andirsv
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! Empty
PostSubject: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi guys, can anyone point me in the direction of a good touring style screen..........the standard one is just catching the top of my helmet and makes a lot of noise!!! Been trawling ebay etc... today but nothing come up that I can see!!

Any suggestions on make/model of screen would be great......thanks!!
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:18 pm

7Jurock (Roy Perez) in California will make one to your specified height. Very good quality product. The one on my Burgman doesn't flex at all (stock +3"). Another route to go down is the Givi Airflow.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
andirsv
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:48 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
7Jurock (Roy Perez) in California will make one to your specified height. Very good quality product. The one on my Burgman doesn't flex at all (stock +3"). Another route to go down is the Givi Airflow.

Cheers,

Thakns buddy, will look at the givi 1st as prob easier to get delivered!!
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Hello Andi,

The Givi is an excellent screen. No good if you have hand guards fitted though as it won't fit. The screen diverts the cold air away from the grips. In France whilst riding in hot weather (36º +) I had to keep moving my hands to the very outer extremities of the bars to get some breeze on my hands.
If you do fit a Givi make sure you use the two metal brackets that comes with the screen.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
andirsv
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Hello Andi,

The Givi is an excellent screen. No good if you have hand guards fitted though as it won't fit. The screen diverts the cold air away from the grips. In France whilst riding in hot weather (36º +) I had to keep moving my hands to the very outer extremities of the bars to get some breeze on my hands.
If you do fit a Givi make sure you use the two metal brackets that comes with the screen.

Cheers,

Thanks mate............will be checking it all out tomorrow!!
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm

If the stock screen is almost the right height, consider adding a Laminar Lip to it. It will make for a much quieter ride than stock.

I use one on both the cut-down GIVI screen (for cool weather) and on the stock screen (warm weather). It makes a big difference on both screens.

Laminar Lip is in Californy somewhere.
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 pm

tarmacburner2 wrote:
Hello Andi,

Cheers,

I put the Givi screen on my Silverwing and did NOT use the metal brackets that came with it. The instructions that came with the brackets said something about a 2002 Silverwing and there were no holes in the windscreen nor in my 2008 bike for them to attach to. I've been using it for this entire riding season with no ill effects. It's just about an inch or so (2-3cm) too tall but if the need arises I can look over the top of it by stretching just a little. All in all I'm very happy with my Givi wind screen.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:08 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 pm

I read through that thread and still I don't understand where the extra brackets were supposed to go in the first place. Looks like some people drilled holes, but with no pictures as to where the holes need to be and where to attach them on the bike I'm still leaning towards the idea that there are 6 mounting holes on the new windshield and 6 holes/bolts in the bike and that's all that's necessary. Like I stated before, the paperwork that came with the brackets mentioned a 2002 SWing and the windshield fit perfectly with no adjustments or spreading or drilling. I'll take the front plate off and give that thing a look see this weekend when and if I have time and see if anything looks awry. I will have to admit that the instructions left a lot to be desired, but the product itself has been excellent.
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 pm

I have a Givi in my garage that I replaced with an Airflow.
It is in very good condition.
Im sure we can come to an agreement on the price.
I am located in Canada. You will need to pay for shipping. PM me if you are interested.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Here you go:

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andirsv
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:21 am

Thanks guys......now sorted!!!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4177
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:36 am

There's been loads of posts about fitting the Airflow, especially as the Givi instructions are rubbish, but persevere and you get that Eureka moment after you've fitted the brackets, and there's the one hole in them going nowhere. That's where you drill through just like bigbird says, a few minutes later you're done, and fitting the screen is easy after that. The screen garnish clips can be easily broken, so pull gently down to remove and push up to re install.
Back to top Go down
Bounder
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Bounder

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:47 am

Look at Clearview Windscreens. Just google the name. I have one on my SW. They have several sizes and mine is next to the tallest. I first used their screen when I replaced the stock screen on my Helex. I have been very pleased with their screens.
Back to top Go down
DARKSUN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DARKSUN

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:29 am

Second on the Clearview.... Great screen and so many options!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:43 am

I made full use of the instructions posted by various members when fitting my screen - I loosely attached the brackets and used the 'spare hole' in them as a guide.
I didn't lean on the drill as the bit will virtually push through the plastic and I was afraid of chewing up the threaded boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!   Looking for some help with finding a tall screen! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for some help with finding a tall screen!
Page 1 of 1