Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 9:19 pm

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» checking the oil
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Fri May 03, 2024 7:41 am

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

LF extended back rest

Go down 
+2
Erdoc48
Rzor93
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rzor93
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rzor93

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2024-04-05

LF extended back rest  Empty
PostSubject: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:38 am

Looking for a extended back rest for my silverwing. Seems the seller on eBay has been gone for some while now. So I'm looking for something used that won't break the bank.
Back to top Go down
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm

Yup, that seller is likely long gone- do you want to ride as if you can stretch out your legs, or do you feel you need the backrest?
Back to top Go down
Rzor93
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rzor93

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm

Erdoc48 wrote:
Yup, that seller is likely long gone- do you want to ride as if you can stretch out your legs, or do you feel you need the backrest?

Kinda want a back rest I have enough space right now just need some extra support.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 am

You can go the DIY route cobbling up something with your Silver Wings own butt stop and brackets. There's also plenty of topics on maxi scooter forums where back rests have been made using the seat headrests from old Isuzu Trooper and Rodeos.

I vaguely remember a US website called 2brothers or twobrothers selling similar backrests for the Silver Wing, and there'll be posts and topics about their back rests.

I bought a very good back rest way back in the Nineties and long before online sales from Utopia Products in the US. I rode one of a limited number of the Honda CN250 Helix scooters in the UK back then. When the back rest arrived, I had to make a knife cut through the seat to push the fixing bracket through, which would have been quite traumatic if I'd cocked the assembly up.

Anyway once fitted it was very comfortable seated FF on the long wheelbase Helix, giving both back support and an extra point for strapping Ortlieb bags on.

I just dragged Utopia out of my memory bank on reading this topic, so you check out the Utopia website utpr.com .

When l looked, the price for the Silver Wing back rest was in British Pounds, and a quick conversion worked out at $275.00.

It's probably less expensive on your side of the Pond and you'd get free shipping.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: back rest silverwing   LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 am

based on experience with at least 3 new scooters---Utopia stuff works/not cheap/heavy so screws up counter balance of seat when you open
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

As my Utopia back rest was on a Honda Helix, there was no storage area under the seat, just the engine. All I had to do was unscrew a butterfly/wing bolt to lift off the seat with the back rest attached.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm

I had a Utopia backrest on my first Silverwing.It was fine for me although cutting the slit in the seat was a little unnerving!
I made a folding prop to support the extra weigh of the seat.
Back to top Go down
Rzor93
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rzor93

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Yeah I don't like the idea of cutting in the seat wanted to try that eBay one but seller must have died or something. Emailed them a month ago no response
Back to top Go down
LarryD
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2023-09-06

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2024 8:54 pm

I found a post on this web site to use the butt stop as a backrest. Two short pieces of 1 1/4 inch flatbar, 8 holes and a slight bend in the flatbar. Get 8 bolts and some black paint. Works well for me at a minimal cost.
Back to top Go down
Rzor93
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Rzor93

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

LarryD wrote:
I found a post on this web site to use the butt stop as a backrest.  Two short pieces of 1 1/4 inch flatbar,  8 holes and a slight bend in the flatbar.  Get 8 bolts and some black paint.  Works well for me at a minimal cost.

I think I'm going to do a diy I used wayback machine to get pictures of one guide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LF extended back rest    LF extended back rest  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LF extended back rest
Page 1 of 1