Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces Empty
PostSubject: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 12:16 pm

Does anyone know if there is a Honda paint code for the complementary “silvery/light gold” color on our Honda FSC600 Silverwings accent pieces.

Regardless of what the main color the scooter’s panels were from 2002 – 2009, the accent color was always this silvery/light gold colour. i.e. the pillion grab handle, foot peg assembly and tail piece all have this accent color.

I cannot find a proper paint code for it anywhere. Does anyone know what it is?

Not looking for something "close". I want to paint something on my scoot and even a slight mismatch will look terrible.
Back to top Go down
Seforeman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm

Agree - looking for the same thing
Back to top Go down
Terry Smith
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Terry Smith

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 11:05 pm

The parts description for the pillion footrests for an 02 bike includes the following paint code:
*NH471M* (MAT EXTREME SILVER METALLIC)
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:29 am

Terry Smith wrote:
The parts description for the pillion footrests for an 02 bike includes the following paint code:
*NH471M* (MAT EXTREME SILVER METALLIC)

Thanks Terry ... I found that code on a couple of sites now too. There was also a NHA43M -- Cyber Silver Metallic mentioned for the tailpiece on one site which seems strange as you think they'd all be the same accent color for any given production year on the same machine.

I just completed a Google search of Honda motorcycle paint codes and the one you cited doesn't come up (either the code number or the color description). The "cyber" number and description does come up under Colorite's product offerings.

The real question now is ... what's right and what's not?! Or did Honda actually use two different paint colors on their accent pieces? Or did they simply change the name and number of the paint code and the two are actually one and the same?

BTW -- I've also reached out to my local Honda dealer, Colorite and one other OEM paint supplier.  I'll post their results once I receive word from them.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 11:29 am

Not to hijack Terry’s post but that paint code info is on the parts list. See page for the tail and page showing the foot pegs. The descriptions for those items gives the paint code. Presumably the wheels too as there a couple of, allegedly, different silver colored wheels.

Tim
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 11:48 am

Didn't think or know about the wheels ... the paint thickens!  Depending on the parts site visited, some only list the Matte Extreme Silver Metallic -- NH471M while others list that one ... plus ... Cyber Silver Metallic -- NHA43M (for the tailpiece specifically if I can recall correctly).  

Colorite only lists the second paint color Cyber Silver Metallic (NHA43M) and no listing for the Matte Extreme Silver Metallic (NH471M) paint.  Hopefully either Honda or some of the OEM paint providers I reached out to can clarify things (including Colorite).  

Some may wonder why I am doing this.  In a previous post, there was mention of a DupliColor "off-the-shelf" rattle can color (Ultra Silver Metallic -- CBGM0508) that was a pretty close match.  It is ... well sorta. I used it on the under skirts (on a previous SWing) and most people won't notice the difference ... unless they have an eye for color or look closely.

However, if used above on some of the other color coordinated bits, it's obvious that color match is off and not really 100% (too silvery IMO).  I want to try something on my new SWing that will feature this color so I need it to match as close as possible as I don't want it to look like a patchwork, mismatched botch job.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 7:11 pm

For a as close as you could match go to your local autobody supply store and ask if they do colormatching and spray can filling (if you need). A spectrometer could be used to detect what paint will match.
Some years back I had a used Mercury Sable that was silver and I had 3 spray cans made up for me. FF 10yrs. My Silverwing rear spoiled/rack holder looked terrible and I had a leftover can of the silver. I figured can't look worse, so on it went and excellent result. The flake was the same. It was base coat clear coat so it ended up semi gloss and within a half shade of the faded footrest area holder thingys... wouldn't know it was repainted to look at it.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:24 am

There is a paint matching service available locally. However, I was really hoping for the real deal as my experience with paint matching is they are close ... but not the same as OEM.
Back to top Go down
Hiyo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Hiyo

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2019-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 6:51 pm

I had paint codes from a 1985 V65 Honda Sabre. It was this odd purplish silver. They couldn't get it right either. As it was for a small fairing I just wanted the bike back together. Still looked decent 😏.
Couldn't you just paint all of the parts? If I were going to enter mine in a concours you couldn't tell what silver parts I painted and what was factory, if all of the parts were painted.
You could hardly tell I painted all the plastic unless you looked close. Lots to be said of rattle cans and polishing. Seems good looking to me. Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces Img_2010
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 9:35 am

Hiyo wrote:
... snipped ... Couldn't you just paint all of the parts? [https://servimg.com/view/20127054/1]Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces Img_2010[/url]

I thought of painting all of the silver accent parts. It would be a fair amount of work and as they only have 3,000 mi. on them, they are darn near perfect right now. It is a last resort option though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces   Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint Code for the Complementary Silvery/Gold Accent Pieces
Page 1 of 1