Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Pretty, pretty horsey

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-03-11

Pretty, pretty horsey Empty
PostSubject: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 3:05 pm

So I think I am done with the power mods, at least for now. It is time to make her look pretty bounce
I figured I will add some color to make her look not as boring and black. I will continue with pin-striping little by little and should have her all dressed up in red pretty soon. I also ordered a set of red accented mirrors, I just hope they are not a crap quality.

Cheers,
Mad

Pretty, pretty horsey 20160525_121215_zpsjst3bn8f

Pretty, pretty horsey 20160525_121141_zpstd0mzymb

Pretty, pretty horsey 20160525_121215_zpsjst3bn8f

Pretty, pretty horsey 20160525_121127_zpsf4djbn3e

Pretty, pretty horsey 20160525_121203_zpsuexjyqhy
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Now you've done it! You're really gonna make Razorback jealous.

As an unrelated comment, I always thought that given the right shading of black highlites, shadowing & painted rivets, a black S'Wing could suggest an attack helicopter. Say an Aussy Tiger, for example. Just say'n
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Maybe add one of These?
Back to top Go down
janitorj1
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2014-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:39 pm

To each his own, of course. But TASSELS? REALLY? TASSELS? Never even knew they made such a thing. Wow! I do love the pin striping though. That's cool. But hey, I'm bringing my bike "back to black" after my grandson laid it down and I'm buying the Tupperware part by part, payday by payday. OUCH!

Are you using pin striping tape? Paint? Are there any "suggested" patterns for such a thing? I would love to do that, but I'm not artsy-fartsy enough. I will say one thing though - remember this - just when you think it needs "one-more thing" - it's done. Stop there.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:
I always thought that given the right shading of black highlites, shadowing & painted rivets, a black S'Wing could suggest an attack helicopter. Just say'n

You mean like OCC did with the Comanche bike?
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:03 am

If you are going to have tassels and a horse tail, then you really need to add a set of these too...

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Lighted-LED-Truck-Nutz-Bumper-Balls-Bull-Nuts-Stop-Turn-and-Tail-Light-Nutz/296904231?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984259221&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CM2M-a3m98wCFQEdaQodtUID0A
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:39 am

janitorj1 wrote:
To each his own, of course.  But TASSELS?  REALLY?  TASSELS?  Never even knew they made such a thing.  Wow!  I do love the pin striping though.  That's cool.  But hey, I'm bringing my bike "back to black" after my grandson laid it down and I'm buying the Tupperware part by part, payday by payday.  OUCH!

Are you using pin striping tape? Paint? Are there any "suggested" patterns for such a thing?  I would love to do that, but I'm not artsy-fartsy enough.  I will say one thing though - remember this - just when you think it needs "one-more thing" - it's done.  Stop there.

It is a scooter, after-all. Why not a set of red tassels. I think they fit just right. I had tassels on all of my cruisers for the past 17 years, they were black however and did not make the bikes look like a toy though Basketball

The pinstripe is made by 3M and is what used on most of the cars that have those. I don't know if there are any patterns. I guess you can always use Google. I just do freehand and make sure it is straight.

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:41 am

dspevack wrote:
Maybe add one of These?

Thank you, Dan, but I do not have a think for things sticking out of my back. I see a pattern here with you avatar thought :lol!:
But thanks for the suggestion :-)

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:46 am

The Scootist wrote:
If you are going to have tassels and a horse tail, then you really need to add a set of these too...

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Lighted-LED-Truck-Nutz-Bumper-Balls-Bull-Nuts-Stop-Turn-and-Tail-Light-Nutz/296904231?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984259221&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CM2M-a3m98wCFQEdaQodtUID0A

Thank you, sir. But the tassels are enough for me. I am relatively confident with myself as a man, as you can see from my ride jocolor  and I don't see any need to prove a point or my manhood to the fellow riders/drivers on the road affraid

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
the_mad_rshn
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
the_mad_rshn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

As an unrelated comment, I always thought that given the right shading of black highlites, shadowing & painted rivets, a black S'Wing could suggest an attack helicopter. Say an Aussy Tiger, for example. Just say'n

Check out this video of some Russians and their SWing. Looks exactly as you mentioned:

Cheers,
Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty, pretty horsey   Pretty, pretty horsey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty, pretty horsey
Page 1 of 1