Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK Empty
PostSubject: Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Folks,

I hope you are all recovering from the turkey Xmas pudding and mince pies and too much alcohol....

On boxing day the weather was dry and crisp and rather cold.... And I witnessed a pretty sunset..

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK P1000262

So the day after (now sober) and hoping to include my Uberscooter, I went that way again, and was rewarded with these....

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK P1000289

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK P1000285

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK P1000288
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pretty Sunset   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Awesome pics!! Keep up the good work - really enjoyed those!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

PostSubject: Swing Different exhaust, and exhaust guard.   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Thanks!

Actually, when I'm not rushing about form place to place, it's a good way to combine some hobbies, photography and bikes (& scoots!). Here is another one I took several months ago in the summer, shortly after getting the new exhaust. Since then, I've fitted a cheap bendable exhaust guard over the exposed pipes just before the muffler.

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK P1000024

This is a later one with the exhaust guard.

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK IMG_5895

It's not as pretty as the original, but does the job, and hides the thin weedy looking downpipes and welding seams visible in the first photo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Swing Different exhaust, and exhaust guard.   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Actually Bernardo I think that 'cheap bendable exhaust guard over the exposed pipes' looks pretty nice, good idea.
Just like you I also I like to ride my scooter and take pictures, a hobby I picked up in Japan while I was stationed there, and I make it a point never to ride w/out bringing my camera along. Thanks for sharing that beautiful sunset.
james
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:58 am

Cheers... ! I'd love to go to Japan one day. I've already travelled quite a bit as was in the Merchant Navy, but never got as far as Japan...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 am

Beautiful pictures. Cool My new bike is still at the dealers. I have to ride my Helix to the dealership some time in Januray. I'm hoping for a freak warm day to do that. I want to ride next summer to my dad's cottage on lake Erie. That's about 400 miles. They are supposed to have the 6th best sunsets in the world. Nothing like sitting at the end of the day and watching the sun go down.
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:42 am

driftwoodpoint wrote:
Beautiful pictures. Cool My new bike is still at the dealers. I have to ride my Helix to the dealership some time in Januray. I'm hoping for a freak warm day to do that. I want to ride next summer to my dad's cottage on lake Erie. That's about 400 miles. They are supposed to have the 6th best sunsets in the world. Nothing like sitting at the end of the day and watching the sun go down.

OK I'm jealous now... But one day I hope to ride a bike/scoot there...

When I was in my mid twenties (and had more money than sense) I remember visiting a bike dealer's showroom whilst on leave from a ship (I was in the Merchant Navy). Ended up buying a BMW tourer... It was snow outside, and besides which my contract on the ship had 3 months still to go, so had to wait that long before I could pick the bike up...... So I kinda have an idea what you are feeling..... Don't worry... It's worth the wait!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK   Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty Sunset in the Chiltern Hills, Buckinghamshire UK
Page 1 of 1