Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
From Missouri I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

From Missouri

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beermebeerme1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-05-21

From Missouri Empty
PostSubject: From Missouri   From Missouri I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 9:40 am

I am a life long motorcyclist who just purchased my first scooter. I picked up an 03 Swing with16k. Yes, the V light is on and is on the list for a quick replacement.  Yesterday was my first time rinding a big scooter, my wife HAD, a Kymco People 250 years ago. Nice scoot actually but nooooo comparison.  So I pulled this thing out of the seller's drive way and was a little unsteady.  First thought,  "I don't know if I like this."  About 3 blocks and 3 turns later,  i rolled onto busy street.  OMG.  Twisted the wick and feel in love.  It was probably the most enjoyable,in town ride, I have ever been on.  By the time I finished the 40 mile ride home, I almost needed to roll over and smoke a cigarette.  Can't wait to get it legal and hit the road for some longer excursions.

About me. Live just south of St Louis in the country with lots of great roads around me. When i am not working,  Probation and Parole,  I'm doing stuff with my boys or driving my Miata. I'm 57, 58 in a few,  married,  2 sons, one of them still lives at home (15).  My 20 y/o and I share an interest in our Miatas. My youngest asked for a scooter so we may end up sharing that interest together.  I hope so.  Finding a shared interest with a teen is challenging but worth the effort.  Wifey has a 250 Qlink Legacy that she hates.  Now she is looking at the Honda line for a scooter too. She says she wants a bike that will start.

We enjoy travel and just returned from Europe. Bought my Swing the next day.  There,  scooters are a horse,  waiting to be flogged. Riders are seemingly fearless but their command of the clogged drain they call traffic, inspired me to make the buy. Kudos to any of you that ride there.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

From Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Missouri   From Missouri I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 10:25 am

Hello Beerme. Thank you for your nice introduction, and welcome to the forum. Check the forum archives for JeffR's, our fearless leader, Pictorial on belt change.

The Honda Forza NSS300 in a darn good scoot for either your Mrs or son. Though true to Honda tradition, the windscreen is useless.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Silver Dave K
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-06-12

From Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Missouri   From Missouri I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 11:56 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
beermebeerme1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-05-21

From Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Missouri   From Missouri I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks all. I've already researched part of the belt issue and will do the work myself. A little more investigation and a few videos should do the trick. Plan to have it tagged on Monday. ..long ride in the country next Monday. Just don't tell the Mrs.
Back to top Go down
Kenjj50
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2015-09-28

From Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Missouri   From Missouri I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:30 pm

beermebeerme1: Welcome from Illinois. As a former Missouri resident (other side of the state), I remember the potential for great motorcycle rides throughout the state! Glad you joined the forum and look forward to seeing your posts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From Missouri Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Missouri   From Missouri I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From Missouri
Page 1 of 1