Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matrixusa1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-01-08

Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box Empty
PostSubject: Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box   Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 11:13 pm

Has anyone wired a Givi E52 top box's brake lights on their Swing?

Any suggestions will be appreciated as to how they did it and what problems (if any) they had.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box   Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Doesn't the box come with electrical contact on box? And pigtail that goes in rack, that can be wired into tail light wires.
Back to top Go down
bandito2
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box   Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 7:13 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Doesn't the box come with electrical contact  on box?  And pigtail that goes in rack, that can be wired into tail light wires.
Yes it does (or should anyway) I have one on my 2006 Honda Reflex Sport. Got the perfect connector for it from DennisB just before he disappeared. It's a HUGE box for that little scooter but it is one heck of a fun grocery getter. Sometimes swap out the passenger grab/rear wing to hook up the single wheel trailer.
Back to top Go down
Az Kicker
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Az Kicker

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box   Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Just did it, yet again, on my 2013. Replaced the incandescent with LED bulbs.

Check out the image on http://giviusa.com/givi-products/case-accessories/brake-light-kits/e97-stoplight-kit-e52-case-detail

There should be a fitting that that has 2 shiny silver buttons and 2 wires coming out the bottom that mounts in a hole on your rack. It mates to a fitting on the bottom of the box that has 2 shiny spring-loaded posts. You can wire one of these buttons to any ground (careful about choosing a good ground, do not use the rack itself). The other button can then be wired to EITHER the running lights or brake lights. I chose brake lights for obvious safety reasons.

The incandescent bulbs were OK, but the LEDs are much brighter.
Incandescent bulbs are forgiving because the are not wired 'directionally' but LEDs are, by their nature, directional. We used voltmeter/ohmmeter several times to test all this out.

I had actually modified the incandescent boards to allow one row of lights as running lights, the top row of lights as brake lights. I grounded both through the latch mechanism. It was a pain, it only worked at low speeds because of vibration and bad grounding. I do NOT recommend trying that.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://AzKicker.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box   Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Givi E52 top box - Wiring the brake lights in box
Page 1 of 1