Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

First ride of the season.

Go down 
+10
tinman
Cosmic_Jumper
Meldrew
The Scootist
Porkie
JeffR
cotetoi
model28a
"Hi Yo"
CathyN
14 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

First ride of the season. Empty
PostSubject: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 8:47 pm

Got out today for the first time this season. It's been a long 3 months. Rode just over 80 miles around the SW suburban forest preserves just outside of Chicago. Got up to the mid 60's today. Enjoyed the ride and our Gino's East Pizza we had for dinner. Spring has sprung here in Chicago this past week. cheers Smile
Ride safe everyone.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
First ride of the season. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 11:52 pm

cheers sunny cheers Y'all have earned it!!!! cheers sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:43 am

applause cheers
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:31 am

Good for you, Cathy. I am envious. We, as in Atlantic Canadian provinces, got another foot of new snow yesterday and thru last night. To top it we are getting blustery winds blowing the stuff around. But, we know that Spring is around the corner; and this summer I will not say that it is too hot to ride.
Jay.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 5:58 pm

cotetoi wrote:
Good for you, Cathy. I am envious. We, as in Atlantic Canadian provinces, got another foot of new snow yesterday and thru last night. To top it we are getting blustery winds blowing the stuff around. But, we know that Spring is around the corner; and this summer I will not say that it is too hot to ride.
Jay.

I feel bad for you Canadians. Riding season is short for you. But your area sounds beautiful. I have only been to three areas in Canada. Waterton International Park when I was at Glacier almost 30 years ago. I drove from Winsor to Niagra Falls back in 1980. Both only for a few hours. I spent a few days in British Columbia Area, Vancouver, Victoria Island, and we drove up towards Wistler back in August of 2005. All by car. BC is absolutely gorgeous.

Hope to get up there on my Swing someday. Hope your spring comes sooner than later. sunny
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 7:17 pm

Cathy,

There is nothing better than a first ride and 'deep-dish', or I hope it was deep dish. Great ride and great pizza.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm

Jeff it was a deep dish and it was great! Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Cathy,

That is one of the things I miss most about not living in Illinois anymore. When we went back to Chicago this last summer I got my fill of deep-dish, italian beefs, and chicago dogs. And of course I was able to order a glass of "pop" and the people actually understood me. lol
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:00 pm

Jeff,

You were in Chicago last summer? What part of Chicago? Next time your in the area maybe we can meet up and have a "pop".

Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:00 am

We stayed downtown across from Trump tower for almost a week. It was so nice to be back and my wife, daughter, and a daughters friend thought the people were so nice too. Next time we go I will make sure I tell you. I'm from north of Chicago, in Antioch, and then down in Champaign for over 20 years.
Back to top Go down
Porkie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Porkie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:13 pm

My Son and I took our Burgman 650's for about a 200 mile ride yesterday and enjoyed the obligatory meal half way in our run.

The weather was absolutely beautiful @ 70-75 degrees high, with blue skies and little wind.

We rode East of Carthage to the North side of Springfield, MO, and past the 'Fantastic Caverns' landmark. Most of the roads we rode on were very curvy, with up and down elevation changes and lots of winter sand, ash and pea gravel to watch out for on most of the corners, hills, intersection and stop light/ stop signs.

The terrain looks totally different when all of the leaves are gone and when the Agri-fields are brown and bare. In the summer the same areas look entirely different and to me at least is much more beautiful.

I miss REAL Mexican food from California, Sea food from Boston and Maine, Salmon and Dungense Crab from Oregon and Washington and Chinese food from Los Angeles and San Francisco and Pizza and Italian food from San Diego cheers

Missouri however just produces the most wonderful sausage gravy and biscuits! The restaurant owners do serve wonderful SEA food however: Fried Catfish!!! (They advertise it as SEA FOOD affraid )

Sam Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.carthageelectronics.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Porkie:
Back in the 1980's I spent quite a lot of time working over in Pittsburg and Galena, Kansas. Back then there was a great place named Jim's Steak House in Pittsburg. They had a tenderloin that was fork-tender and very delicious. If it is as good as it used to be it would be worth stopping in.
Back to top Go down
Porkie
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Porkie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:54 am

Thanks, I 'Googled Jim's Steak house' and will give it a try.

Sam:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.carthageelectronics.com
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Sam:
Sounds good. Let me know what you think of it. I just looked it up on Urban Spoon and they had very mixed reviews. Some people loved it and some just plain hated it. Maybe things have changed since the 1980's... Another place we liked was Chicken Annies over in Frontenac. The reviews for Chicken Annies were all good... Have fun...
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 am

I've learned a lot about American food simply by reading the reviews on www.roadfood.com  It's also been useful for choosing places to eat when I've been on holiday in the US. www.yelp.com is another useful source for finding good places to eat in the US, the UK, and over in Europe.

One thing I've yet to find is the perfect corned beef/salt sandwich. Sad
I've been disappointed by the sandwiches in quite a few places that are highly recommended in reviewss but my search goes on.

Traditional Jewish deli's are few and far between in the UK, but I've recently found a place to try in Leeds, West Yorkshire owned by a Jewish lady who is a former chef. It does the salt beef sandwich, chicken soup, chopped liver, and all the classic favourites.

It's hardly a road trip getting there but it's on my list.

:shalom:
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 11:56 am

Meldrew wrote:
<>One thing I've yet to find is the perfect corned beef/salt sandwich. Sad
I've been disappointed by the sandwiches in quite a few places that are highly recommended in reviewss but my search goes on.

Oy vey...Meldrew, as many times as you appear to have visited Florida it's a wonder you haven't found your way to a good Jewish Deli in Miami. Rumor has it, or maybe I saw it on a "Hebrew National Hot Dogs" sign, that there are more Jews in Miami than there are in Tel Aviv

Tim
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4176
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 7:42 pm

I've only been to Florida once and that was to Disney World with Mrs M. Away from the Magic Kingdom I can only remember places like the Cheesecake Factory which is a favourite of Mrs M as she likes their meatloaf and mashed potatoes

We had a few days in Philadelphia on the way down which I thought was a much more interesting place for food, we didn't do the Pat's or Gino's Philly Cheesesteak thing but I had a very nice one some other place. Given a bit more time there I'd have gone to John's Roast Pork, the Italian Market, and a Jewish Deli I can't remember the name of, we went to Ted's Montana Grill instead.

What I really enjoyed was having breakfast at the counter of a diner near our hotel, and although I've seen the Liberty Bell and all that stuff, I didn't get to the Revzilla store as they were closed for filming that day.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm happy to hear that you've spent some time in Philly, Meldrew. Chances are that the cheesesteak you had elsewhere (anywhere else) was much better than you'd have gotten at either (over hyped) Pat's or Geno's. Ted's Montana Grill is closed -at least the one in the high rent neighborhood.

That was probably the "Famous 4th Street Deli" you were thinking about. Actually one of the better cheesesteaks in Philly is just two block north of "Famous 4th St" at Jim's on 4th & South Sts. But it's a shame though that you missed John's Roast Pork.

And for all that it's worth I never realized that Revzilla's HQ is in Philly let alone that they have a retail boutique (their term) here as well. We're expecting a bit of late snow here this weekend but I guess I'll just have to wait until it warms up here again to ride into South Philly for a roast pork at John's and then stop in at Revzilla on the way back.

I'm so tired of this winter and dam* glad there was a hole in the weather last weekend and I took that opportunity to ride to Key West. So nice to be warm and see oranges growing on the Florida trees.

Tim
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Finaly had my first ride of the year . It felt go to get my first ride in ,sunny but cold ,the ice just stated to break up hear , cool whether will continue till the end of May .Manage to put a smile i on my face. cheers
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 6:39 pm

applause Glad to hear you finally got to ride. Now get as much riding in as you can because I hear your summers don't last nearly as long as some would like.
Back to top Go down
Chris Olson
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Chris Olson

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 9:56 am

My wife and I have been riding our little 150's since late March up here in northern Wisconsin. Had been reluctant to take the Silver Wings out until we got a decent rain to wash the salt off the roads. Last Sunday morning was our first ride on the Silver Wings - took a ride to Taylor's Falls, MN for breakfast. Ever since the first blizzard in early November last year, it has been a long and very cold winter here.
Back to top Go down
Coolbreeze1234
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Update on my 2010 SW first long Ride Out since Purchased   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi everyone. I joined this site a few months ago after my purchased a used 2010 SW. I have been itching to get the SW out of the garage and in the country for a long ride for a few months now. After a pretty hot workout with yard work today (high 70s), I came back in the house for a break and to peel off some sweaty clothes. And I thought, but wait ! This is what I have been waiting for! Within a few minutes I was dressed for the road and out came the SW from its hibernation.

I am not sure words can express the mind clearing, stress relieving experience one can get from riding through the country on the twisted country roads on any bike. I was only out for a few hours today but I felt my batteries were charged and all stressed relieved. I really like this SW and think it is going to go along way in allowing me to relax. Like many here, I suspect that the SW is therapeutic in many ways.

For me, its just what the doctor ordered! The SW handles nicely, is super easy to balance, has plenty of acceleration, great storage, and is simply a joy to ride. Probably the best investment I have made in a long time. And this forum is great for learning about the SW. I am sure glad I found it. Thank you all.
Coolbreez
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Coolbreez,

I always thought riding a m/c was great therapy for me. And the SWing is a great way to releive that stress. You should bring a small digital camera when you ride so you can take some pics. We like to see pics of other areas.
Back to top Go down
cotetoi
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2013-06-27

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:48 pm

April 18. Finally got the SWing out of my son's garage. I had to shovel the snow and break the ice underneath and make a path wide enough to ride it out. She fired right up and worked just great. I went for a short ride and now she is in my driveway. Wouldn't you know it was sunny but a very cool 3C all day today. Still staying pretty cold, but the warmer days are almost here.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 8:26 pm

cotetoi it,s been a long winter where you are ,it,s been bad here also.Lots of snow but not as much as the east coast.The first ride can put a smile on a frozen face.The Swing with the Givi screen and my UK knee wind deflector make's a big difference.
Back to top Go down
oldgwingguy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:57 am

4 / /24 / 2015 the FHARTING IN THE HILLS 14 Scoots Smile 13 Burg's and my S'wing. I didn't get to ride far but what I did was great, nice people nice roads. The rest of the day and today should be great and I hope it doesn't rain on them. You can come to the HH and ride your arms off all day and not see it all, heck a week would be more like it to really explore the area but the guys did a nice job setting it up and getting nice rods and places in to see. Salute cheers Al
Back to top Go down
scooter trash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2015-03-23

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 5:32 pm

CathyN wrote:
Got out today for the first time this season. It's been a long 3 months.  Rode just over 80 miles around the SW suburban forest preserves just outside of Chicago.  Got up to the mid 60's today.  Enjoyed the ride and our Gino's East Pizza we had for dinner.  Spring has sprung here in Chicago this past week. cheers Smile
Ride safe everyone.
Spring has sprung,the grass has riz....where last years Driver is!......Remember those?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season.   First ride of the season. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First ride of the season.
Page 1 of 1