Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Ultimate Touring Machine!
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby BroOKS2K9 Today at 2:28 pm

» touch up paint
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby DareStx Today at 12:01 pm

» NQiGTS Pro Electric Scooter
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 8:23 am

» He Finally Arrived
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby DareStx Yesterday at 6:40 pm

» January 2021 Photo
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Yesterday at 7:26 am

» Potential ruination of Peggy's Cove
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby Mike from NS Yesterday at 7:22 am

» Riding 2021
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:41 pm

» Need Skirt R 50611 MZT 681ZJ Gray
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:44 pm

» Brake Fluid Resistant Paint
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:00 pm

» How is the vaccine doing in your area
Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:16 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. Empty
PostSubject: Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts.   Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:59 pm

On occasion I've had to repair threads on bolts (metric or otherwise) that were not readily available nor did I have a dye to chase the thread.You can make such tool from a section of fine tooth hacksaw blade about 4-6 inches long.Round off one end and sharpen it(similar to a knife blade edge)to narrow it so it will fit into the thread pattern.Install the bolt in a vice to hold it and gradually trace the pattern around the bolt.With a little patience it will work every time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

Number of posts : 949
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts.   Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm

"NWSSC",
Great idea; I'll try that one of these days if I happen to be in a bind.  One of the handiest tools I've ever owned however, was a machinest's thread file.  The one I have has worked wonders on the (I guess) SAE threads I've had to deal with.  It is a double ended (half and half) six inch hand held unit that contains eight different thread sizes.  Works about as good as anything I've run in to, other than a tap and die set.  Anyway, thanks for the new suggestion.

Question.... just pure curiosity... What does the NWSSC, stand for?? scratch 
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts.   Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Thank you. You are most welcome. NWSSC- North West Suburban Scooter Club. The club was organized about 10 years ago and covers a radius of approximate 75 miles north and west of Chicago. Wanted more or less of a generic name that would not discriminate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/

Dealing with hard to find stripped bolts.
Page 1 of 1