Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?

Go down 
+2
model28a
Day Trippin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:25 am

Does anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? If so, how do you like it?

I've had screens similar to this one with a similar laminar wing that helped amazingly well. I have one on my V-strom and a 1250 Bandit I just sold.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Since I can sometimes be the impatient type I went ahead an ordered one. I'll see how it works out. It sure as heck can't be as bad as the stock one. I seriously thought about the Madstad as I've had great luck with their products on other bikes.

I was sort of concerned about the Givi and the separation issues that I've read about. Perhaps they are overblown but I don't want to take a chance as my wife will ride it more than I will.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Not meaning to belittle your concern expressly with your wifes safety at stake. But I believe only one person had the top piece come flying off. That said he did have it happen two times. I think as long as you make sure the two bolts that hold the top piece on are tight you are safe. I'm not trying to talk you into getting the Givi. In fact I'm looking forward to finding out how good the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield is on the SilverWing. I just don't want others to read this post and think the Givi AF214 is a dangerous windshield.
Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:16 pm

The problem is I travel a lot any my wife may not do that. I am a pilot (though not longer in that profession) so I am used to a pre-flight checklist. My wife won't be so attentive. Unfortunately I am away most of the week for business and return on the weekend. I would have less concerns if it were just me.

OTOH I've had Madstad brackets on 2 bikes and ran one of them in excess of 130mph and the other in excess of 150 and never had an issues. If either one of them had come off at those speeds I'd likely not be writing this at the moment. My wife tends to have a "lead foot" (wrist) and tends to drive/ride at speeds that are definitely toward the upper ends of what traffic is moving at.

Honestly I do have concerns that it did come off twice. I would have thought after the first time it might have been user error as one of the possibilities. After the second time I am sure the person who had the issue would have been anal about verifying the installation so less likely it would have come apart. I know I would have checked everything twice or thrice to make sure it was all perfect.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:41 pm

I have purchased at least 2 Givi adjustables----for Silverwing it is about the best in overcoming the basic design flaw of the scooter---your nose is too far from tip of shield.= buffeting, which I hate----my base line for comparison is Heinrich BMW (R60/6) or further back R51/3==calm air behind screen looking over.

The uppers do not fly off when you have your act together---thin wall 10mm socket to keep the self locking nut snugged up, drop of WD40 on joint of levers that clamp upper----and of course check daily.

I have had MRA spoilers on scooters----save your money, they and Laminar lips cannot overcome the basic design flaw of maxi scooters
Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:10 pm

The MRA isn't just a laminar spoiler, it is a new base as well. It will be interesting to see and I don't have a fortune invested in it.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Just thought someone might like to see a picture of the MRA windshield on a SilverWing.

Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? Download

And this is a link to a vendor who sells this windshield.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-product/ergonomics-rider-comfort/windshields/mra-variotouringscreen-windshield-for-honda-silverwing-600
Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:28 pm

No photo there but thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks for the link. It didn't show up for me on their site. Looks pretty decent. Hopefully it will work for me.
Back to top Go down
stanly
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

posted May 24 2013:
Day Trippin wrote:
Since I can sometimes be the impatient type I went ahead an ordered one. I'll see how it works out. It sure as heck can't be as bad as the stock one. I seriously thought about the Madstad as I've had great luck with their products on other bikes.

I was sort of concerned about the Givi and the separation issues that I've read about. Perhaps they are overblown but I don't want to take a chance as my wife will ride it more than I will.

it appears TTrottle is on east coast, so "impatient type" how's the response time, u have your new ws yet?
Back to top Go down
Day Trippin
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Not yet, it is ordered. Sadly it will now show up whlie I am not there. I will be away from the scoot for almost a month. I can't wait to get back and try it. OTOH, I have a few other fun bikes to ride where I am at so it isn't too much of a loss. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mrpw666
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 am

Hi

I too ordered and fitted the MRA screen the other day and looks pretty good, I had some doubts about wind deflection at speed but overall I'm impressed. The original screen gave terrible head buffet at around 70 mph but once the angle of the dangle is sorted on the top of the MRA the buffeting is pretty much eliminated. I may look for something else for the winter months (Givi). Best of all the screen didn't cost a lot.

Happy days!

Mark
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?   Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 am

You can also buy the MRA spoiler separately and there's 2 versions available, one where you have to drill the screen to mount it, the other clamps on to the top of your screen.
Back to top Go down

Anyone have the MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield?
Page 1 of 1