Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

just ordered new Winfdscreen

Go down 
+2
thomphoto
john grinsel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

just ordered new Winfdscreen Empty
PostSubject: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:43 am

As I didn't get response I needed to make decent decision, I went ahead and ordered a new Givi sliding adj shield.

What do expect from it?

#1 as min. it is adjustable----your seated height can very throughout day, moving shield should allow you to remain comfortable and still be able to see over. Might even be fun to lower and enjoy "clean" air with no buffeting.

#2 be really great if actually provides still, buffet free air about the head and helmet.

Since I have had bike/scooter combos in the past that provided that calm air, I know it is possible---I want as good as BMW-Heinrich or late model Vespa with right height shield. If this works out, SilverWing will be wonderful for my type of use--quiet/relaxing air....and maybe ear plugs only on serious long, long stretches.

I have need for VA/DC trip in coming weeks, southern AL and possible SF Bay Area next month. Will relay honestly what outcome is.

Remember Givi has to overcome basic design flaw of SilverWing and other scooters & bikes-----that you nose is too far from tip of shield ---should be at 8-12" and we are at 24-30" my last check. Too bad people in the industry don't ride.

If doesn't work will go on garage wall with some other junk or in junk box to join other stuff I have recently wasted money on.

I know my outcomes may not agree with others----but I will do seat time. I don't drive cars or have one for me. So look at things from point of somebody whose bike is trans. tool and fun, too.

Should it and mount it next week.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 pm

John, I think there are numerous reviews of the Givi Airflo. I reported on mine, and here is the link to the extensive review on this forum:

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-topics-f3/givi-airflow-adjustable-windshield-review-t1677.htm?highlight=givi

What else do you want to know? I've had mine for about 2000 miles, and still really like it.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I spent my money and we will see.

I know many people are happy with it----but what is it compared to? Nobody mentioned Heinrich/BMW or even Vespa/right combo shield. Others I can thik of and have had CECO on Yamaha YDS-3 (Heinrich copy) or HD big twin with winter windshield and tin leg shields. So sure the Givi is improvement over horrible stock set up....which can be miserable. Let's see what develops---I hope it is great and provides all day comfort.

John Grinsel

Over recent years I have tried Clearview/Cee Bailey/Puig (ok on Daelim in Korea)/Laminar Lip & Ears on modern scooters.

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Forgot   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Forgot Givi on TMAX Yamaha----actually worked ok if you are dumb enough to look thru----but I never figured out how to ride blind with bugs into sunset/fog/rain/snow/sleet.

Had to cut it down to keep from killing self-----then not good air management.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm

John,
One of the reasons that even the GIVI is far from nose is that it is swept forward at the top.

The clearview is not adjustable, but it is swept back toward the rider.

Dan
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:45 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thomphoto
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
thomphoto

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Forgot Givi on TMAX Yamaha----actually worked ok if you are dumb enough to look thru----but I never figured out how to ride blind with bugs into sunset/fog/rain/snow/sleet.

Had to cut it down to keep from killing self-----then not good air management.

John Grinsel

John, I think you're calling a lot of people on this forum "dumb".
Not very nice. Your way is NOT the only way.
Back to top Go down
http://wendellthompsonfineart.com

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:34 pm

john grinsel wrote:
As I didn't get response I needed to make decent decision, I went ahead and ordered a new Givi sliding adj shield.

We're collectively sorry our lack of help caused you to make an indecent decision.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:57 pm

John Grinsel

If doesn't work will go on garage wall with some other junk or in junk box to join other stuff I have recently wasted money on.

John If you have leftover stuff you no longer want why not offer them up for sale hear?You may recover some of your loss. cheers
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:05 pm

model28a wrote:
John Grinsel

John If you have leftover stuff you no longer want why not offer them up for sale hear?You may recover some of your loss. cheers

I was in the process of posting almost exactly the same thing but it made me view the new post first - with the same smiley and everything. Weird... Shocked
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: windshield   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:48 pm

At sometime after I mount new windshield and at least one trip....and it works better than what is presently on the bike:

I will have one Clearview, med, cut an inch, drilled for Laminar lip, GoldWing vent

One set Laminar lip and ears

One stock shield, drilled for Lip and Ears

Back Rest conversion

Even Bridgestone rear tire that scares me

Disposition----will probably give all away---but take all or nothing and carry away.

Shipping can get expensive and wrapping problem.

Fresh roll of duct tape and all should go on solo scooter.

John Grinsel The above are things that didn't work for me and can at least be played with by somebody else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just ordered new Winfdscreen   just ordered new Winfdscreen I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just ordered new Winfdscreen
Page 1 of 1