Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:45 am

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another Mileage Question

Go down 
+15
Cosmic_Jumper
pumpcaptain
alloo
Jinglebob
ridr44
rodenbach
Old Limey
Meldrew
Nowun
clay_in_co
joncallihan
DaveR
Waspie
exavid
rjdoles
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rjdoles
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
rjdoles

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2012-09-24

Another Mileage Question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Another Mileage Question   Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have a couple of questions on the swing.

I have been through a number of threads here that state that older swings get poorer mpg in the 40's than newer models that get mileage in the 50's.

Q1. Does anyone know what was changed to improve the mileage and in what year was the change made?

Q2. Do the newer swings have an O2 sensor in the exhaust and what year was that added?

Thank in advance folks!

Ride safe!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Another Mileage Question   Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:05 am

Dale

Your speedo is off by ~4%, but your odo is correct. So figure out your MPGs in the traditional way

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Mileage Question   Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks Tim. I guess I am getting +/- 50 mpg then. That's nice to know.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Mileage Question   Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:12 pm

Dale N. wrote:
When I changed my belt and put in 26 Gram sliders this past winter I vacuum sucked the belt in a Foodsaver bag. I buy my bags on a roll so I can cut off as much as I need. I keep it in the bike also just in case.

My speedo is about 5 mph off also. When I'm reading 65 I'm actually doing 60 according to GPS. Now to try and figure out how to calculate the correct mpg. I know there's got to be a formula or calculator I could use to figure it out but I haven't found it yet. Oh Well.

It might be tricky to account for the speedo error in computing mileage. The odometer might not have the same error as the speedometer. Check it out against mile markers on the highway for a few miles. Almost all bikes I've had showed pretty ridiculous speedo errors. The only one that was real close was my GW1500. My present GT is off about 3mph at 60 which isn't too bad but is still a 5% error.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Mileage Question   Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:45 am

I hear time and again poor gas mileage and short tire life. If the maintenance is up to par ,like Waspie mentioned maybe you check your driving style. I just checked my last tankful and realized 64mpg--10% city and the rest doing between 35 -65 mph. I have friends tell me what poor fuel mileage they get. But after riding with them for about five minutes the answer is obvious. Bad driving habitsin in almost all cases. Driving habits relates to tire and brake wear also.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Mileage Question   Another Mileage Question - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Yes indeed, bad driving habits eat up gas and tires. But they're fun.
Back to top Go down

Another Mileage Question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2