Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I said Farewell...
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Main fuse blowen and replaced

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Siderax
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Siderax

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Main fuse blowen and replaced Empty
PostSubject: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi, I was going to work early last friday morning. About 8 minutes out it looked like a spark came out from the left side around the front wheel and the engine slowed down and then came back OK. another 2 minutes a red light came on either the ABS or the F1 and then the bike stopped running and I coasted to a parking lot. No wires were visable hanging down from the front when I checked it later on that day (it was dark when it happened and I had to leave my 2006 Silverwing in the parking lot that morning). I checked the manual and figured out it must be the main power fuse. I checked it out and it was blowen. I replaced the spare with the battery disconnected. I reconnected the battery(there was a small spark when I reconnected the terminal), but still no power. I also checked all the other fuses and they were OK. Seems like a short, but I don't know where to go next. I haven't checked the spare main fuse after I reassembled the left fairing(it was OK when I put it in. Also the spark I thought I saw at 8 minutes out may have been a moth or something I'm not sure. I put in the key but there is nothing happening (no indicator lights). I like to try to fix things myself, is there any help for my situation. Thank you, Spencer
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi Spencer,

Have you added any new electrical devices to your silverwing lately?
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 pm

I read a post once where something similar had happen. He found the problem in behind the key, the wire shorted out . motorcycle
Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 am

Yes, the first area to investigate would be around the handle bars where the cables move every time you turn and look for signs of rubbing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Siderax
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Siderax

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 pm

DennisB wrote:
Hi Spencer,

Have you added any new electrical devices to your silverwing lately?
Hi Dennis, I replaced the main fuse early October and tried the bike and nothing, I didn't bother to check the main fuse again to see if it had blowen again after connecting the battery to see if it would start. Almost ashamed to say the bike has been sitting in my garage since ( I have been very busy working on construcion of a new 14 story Hotel). On checking up on the site I noticed your question and I did put on a power socket for my GPS (and other 12v needs) but I just connected it directly to the battery, nothing plugged in when it was turned off. Could this have done damage somewhere? I am also ready to take apart the handlebar fairing and plastic to see if there is wear or a short this week.
Thanks Spencer--weather is starting to get better here in Nova Scotia
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:50 am

1- Disconnect that added power plug.
( both wires )
2- Check/replace main fuse and all other fuses.
3- Check battery, make sure fully charged.

4- Try and see what is happening.

Eddy
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am

Hi Spencer,

Eddy gave you some good advice.

How and where did you run your wires for the power plug?

There are a bunch of very sharp edges on the Swing that need to be addressed before running wire from the battery to the front of the scooter. Any one of them may have cut into your +12V power wire insulation giving a direct short to the frame.
Back to top Go down
Siderax
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Siderax

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Thanks for the advise guys, I will go at it on the weekend and let you know. Calls for a nice weekend (actually sunny) hope things work, I need to take a ride.
Spencer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main fuse blowen and replaced   Main fuse blowen and replaced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main fuse blowen and replaced
Page 1 of 1