Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? Empty
PostSubject: Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant?   Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Is tire bead sealant necessary for installing a new SWing tire? Do you use it - or does your dealer use it - when installing a new tire. Or, is it only used if you have some corrosion - or some bead leakage? Is there any drawback to using it? I plan on changing my tires and not sure if tire bead sealant is a good thing, bad thing, or maybe does not matter? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant?   Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:48 am

Dunno about the States but in the UK tyre fitters use a very thick proprietary soap mix which is 'painted' on the rims/beads prior to tyre replacement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant?   Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 am

Dimond: I've never heard of a "sealant" for the bead, but installers use a variety of soapy solutions to make the tire beads easier to pop out when inflated. Years ago when I did a stint in a BMW shop we used plain ole Simple Green right out of the bottle. Any soap will work to make the rim slick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant?   Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you use (or your dealer) tire bead sealant?
Page 1 of 1