Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» OE Quality Drive Belt
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» New to Me Swing
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 10:56 am

» I said Farewell...
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

What other forums interest you?

Go down 
+12
larryinseattle
johnd
jakelevis
jobo2mi
Dale
joncallihan
JeffR_
dspevack
GaryL
Somerled
bigbird
Dimond
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

What other forums interest you? Empty
PostSubject: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 6:24 am

What other forums do you monitor that provide you with useful information that enhances your SWing scootering experience. I monitor SilverWing.com and the Yahoo user SilverWing group - but have not yet ventured further. If your other 'forums' provide you with useful information relating to accessories, technical tips, new products, riding technique - then let me know. These other sites may be SWing focussed - or not (e.g., modernvespa.com, burgmanUSA.com, TMAX forums, etc). Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:02 am

These two place 2nd and 3rd in my list - this place being number one of course.

2.) ADVrider - you'll find a great section for us there called "Battle Scooters"

http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php?s=03270e3d984e4a1e7caa53cc6cf9398f

3.) Silver Wing Forum 2011

http://silverwing.org/cgi-bin/forum_show.pl
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 10:42 am

This one has it all. IMO no need to venture further.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:14 am

Silverwing.org used to have a huge following and active group.

But it got too big and popular for the owner to handle as he only started it because he needed a demo site for the opensource programming his company does. Due to his attempt to limit the flow of information, most everyone there moved here as their main source of communication and information.

Today it is a shell of what it was, and all the useful information has been brought here. In addition, most people that are members there, are also members here, so that site has nothing that we don't.

This is the premier source in the USA and most of Western Europe for Silverwing info. There is also an active Italian Silverwing board, and of course, Japanese scooter culture is a whole other animal.

Dan
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:20 am

I have to echo what Dan says. I used to go on the silverwing.org site alot and really liked it. Also, if you do post there make sure you do not try to mention this site since he will send you an email not too, and then the next time he will ban you. He has banned many on this site already.

And I only started this site since his site went down and the www.maxi-scoots.com site went down at the same time. This was started mainly to keep info and things but seemed to pick up fast. I can't believe the other guy at the .org site would want to take his site from a very good site to almost useless. He gets very few posts now.

The Yahoo group site is good but I'm not real big on the yahoo forums. I would rather have a set up like this site or the burgman site for ease of getting info.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:35 am

I enjoy the maxi-scoots site for it's diversity. I must admit that motorcycle/scooter sites are near the bottom of my internet usage. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
Dimond
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Dimond

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Many thanks for your suggestions - I now have some more forums to visit! But I certainly agree that this forum is by far the best when dealing with Silverwing matters.
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:49 am

Okay, I was unaware of the situation with Silverwing.org, however, my advice to checkout ADVrider's Battle Scooters section still stands. I've gotten much overall knowledge there over the years that I didn't find here. Besides, the ride reports and Jo Mama sections are a lot of fun too.
Back to top Go down
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 3:11 pm

This is the only one for me.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:16 am

I also belong to scooterdiva.com which is geared to women on scooters, big and small. I think I am just about the only woman that rides a Swing, over there, but a few of the gals do ride maxi (or super Wink ) scooters. Lively bunch of gals always willing to help out another diva!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
jakelevis
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:28 am

not interested in the other forums this is my first forum and want to continue with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Jeff R has built an excellent site here and it is the only one I use and usually log onto it first when I log on. Then comes "news and lies" and then my hotmail. Thanks Jeff.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:26 am

I have bin there and done that on two of the sites and I know heaven when I see it. It is right here and now you know the truth!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
larryinseattle
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 5:11 pm

I belong to a couple of Goldwing forums as I own a 94 1500 Goldwing as well as my 05 Silverwing.
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 7:58 pm

I must admit but im not proud of it.....reading penthouse forum before i get on my swing......gets me very excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:32 pm

It keeps me ridding straight. Evil or Very Mad I did not say that!!
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Getting back to scooter forums Smile

I also have a 2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 GT [my first scoot] and frequently visit the AF1 Racing Aprilia Forum. Like this Forum, there is a good group of people that pubish fixes for issues unique to the Scarabeo - would have been difficult to keep my "BEO" running without this valuable resource.

One of the more adventuresome members decided to take his Scarabeo and follow all of the old Route 66 that he could find starting in Chicago after getting there from GA - he published pictures and reports from along the way - he accumulated 10,000 miles during the course of his trip.

I enjoy visiting both this Forum and the Aprilia Forum and do so on a regular basis.

Rick V
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:28 pm

johnd....lol.....my throttle seems to open a little wider....after reading P.H. forum....
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3790
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:31 am

I still inhabit the X9OC forum:
It was the first I joined - in 2003 - and was set up as a virtual 'club house' for X9ers who wanted to ride together. The actual meeting-place was (and still is) the Ace Café in London.
I've made many good friends through it and is my point-of-contact now I've moved to Belgium.
In fact, one of the reasons for choosing Belgium was previous visits here riding with the French X9 club.
Many original members, including me, have moved on to other maxis and the site has expanded to include sections for the most popular ones.
The wealth of information there is so valuable, too.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:52 am

RickV wrote:
Getting back to scooter forums Smile

I also have a 2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 GT [my first scoot] and frequently visit the AF1 Racing Aprilia Forum. Like this Forum, there is a good group of people that pubish fixes for issues unique to the Scarabeo - would have been difficult to keep my "BEO" running without this valuable resource.

One of the more adventuresome members decided to take his Scarabeo and follow all of the old Route 66 that he could find starting in Chicago after getting there from GA - he published pictures and reports from along the way - he accumulated 10,000 miles during the course of his trip.

I enjoy visiting both this Forum and the Aprilia Forum and do so on a regular basis.

Rick V

There are a few that have done this on a Honda Ruckus as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other forums interest you?   What other forums interest you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other forums interest you?
Page 1 of 1