Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Whose a Lucky Boy Then?
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 10:21

» Charging point
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 10:20

» Ultimate 1 up touring machine
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby skidders Today at 08:06

» The site and domain name will continue for the next year !!!
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 20:55

» 2002 Burgundy SilverWing For Sale $1475 OBO
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Dutch SilverWing Yesterday at 16:39

» Inexperienced, but want to tour. Advice wanted.
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Yesterday at 10:29

» Backrest for sale
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Ejscoot Yesterday at 09:37

» Headlight (Low and High) won't turn on
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Brian Goobacheck Mon 25 Oct 2021, 19:52

» Honda 350 Forza 500 miles in.
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Mon 25 Oct 2021, 16:34

» Greetings from the Rockies!
The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeby Brian Goobacheck Mon 25 Oct 2021, 11:57

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The blessing of forums

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rodenbach
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
rodenbach

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-08-30

The blessing of forums Empty
PostSubject: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 17:09

Since the dawn of the combustion engine, people have been relying on mechanics to keep their rides going. Until quite recently, one had to drive his car / motorbike to a garage and hope not to be ripped. Wether it would be an official dealership or a scruffy 'all makes' workshop, one could only hope for a 'good deal'.

A friend of mine had a couple of 'minor' annoyances with his car: the tailgate would drop on his head while unloading, and in the car there was this never-ending high-pitch squeel, that drove him berzerk. He popped by at the dealer's workshop and they told him it would cost him over 200 Euros to fix the problem: two new gas-struts and some sniffer part of the ACC, plus an hour or so to replace the parts, plus VAT...

He asked me if I could help him out, so paid a visit to a forum dedicated to the car make and learned that the squeel could be fixed by removing a coverplate and then squish in some WD40. On the same forum I found an address for the struts.

I got the struts for 38 Euros (including postage from Holland), drove over with my can of WD40 and fixed both problems in a few minutes: the struts just clip on, only a small screwdriver needed to remove. and a telescopic broom came in handy to keep the tailgate open...

Thanks to the internet and dedicated forums, my pall saved a lot of money and I got a free meal.

Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeSun 17 Feb 2013, 17:56

Long live the forums

Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb 2013, 17:08

I agree completely and I love the you tubes as well!

I once had to install an adapter plug to the back of the stereo in my car and I was puzzled as to how to gain access to that area.

Sure enough there was a youtube video showing how to pull a hinged access panel down that feels like you are going to break it but it showed that you can pull it off without breaking it. I never would have tried that, even with printed instructions, without seeing it happen on video.

Saved me a fortune paying an "expert" to install a $10 adapter plug for aux input.
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: The blessing of forums   The blessing of forums I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Feb 2013, 14:09

I can't thank enough, people like JeffR and Bigbird for thier illustrations and instructions. As i am in UK i would never had been able to gain this information otherwise, i keep a folder with all thier invaluable guidance in it. Also the one's that did the Backrest info and removing the wheels(front and back) I thank everyone once again. Smile
Back to top Go down

The blessing of forums
Page 1 of 1