Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case

Go down 
+4
bob wells
Meldrew
MikeO
ThePPH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:16 pm

I just wanted to check in with the good folks of this community to see if anyone has attempted to set their Silverwing up with this particular piece http://japan.webike.net/products/9650775.html or something similar.

It looks like it should fit perfect on the wing same as our FSC600 or FSJ600.

I'm always looking to keep my lady comfy on long trips and this piece rivals the look and feel of the GoldWing for passengers.

Any ideas on if this would bolt right up?

Thanks,
Scott
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:57 pm

I have a Givi separate back-rest as well as a top-box.

The back-rest is good as it is slightly lower than the pad which can be fitted to the box.

It means also that I can take off the box and still leave the back-rest for a pillion.

Picture here:

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-MikeO/Givi-E52-Backrest-pic_425.htm
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Well it's a nice looking bit of kit but at $705 or £436 it's an expensive backrest, and there's only 12 litres of storage. There's more underseat storage on the current 400 Burgman than the Silver Wing's underseat storage and that GT case combined.

Why not buy a Givi E55 top case and backrest instead, it's not as luxurious for your passenger, but it's a lot cheaper and more practical.
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Well it's a nice looking bit of kit but at $705 or £436 it's an expensive backrest, and there's only 12 litres of storage. There's more underseat storage on the current 400 Burgman than the Silver Wing's underseat storage and that GT case combined.

Why not buy a Givi E55 top case and backrest instead, it's not as luxurious for your passenger, but it's a lot cheaper and more practical.

What he said! Smile

bob
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Or just take your commissions and buy a 2012 Goldwing.
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Thats the first top case ive seen that's looks like it belongs on the Silverwing.

While there's nothing at all wrong with givi's quality, or there price or capacity. They just look like screwed down piece of hard side luggage, Luggage that's looks like it doesn't belong on whats its attached to. This does, and if i was a fan of top racks, this is the one i would have.

I like the plated pulley cover too, And might like the floor side panel, but i cant really tell whats doing. I definitely like the black wheels, and shocks on the display bike!
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 2:44 pm

I like the look and feel of it. I hate the price but it just seems to go better with the bike. No need for a GoldWing at this point. Commissions have been small and elusive this year so I don't see more bikes in the cards until I have run the Silverwing and the Magna to death.
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Aesthetically speaking, so-so!
On the sensible side, if the passenger uuhhmm... CO-RIDER
needs THAT much recline they should have stayed in bed.
With the exception of the Burgman over S'wing comment, I'd have
to agree with the curmudgeon and say the Givi made better spacial
sense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:56 pm

I would go for GIVI----my E46 has served over 500,000 miles on various bikes.

Dont't think passenger leaning back way to ride safely and as team.

Function is what I look for as everyday rider. When I use GIVI backrest bolted to box, no passenger complaints.

GIVI good points, it doesn't break!
Back to top Go down
ThePPH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:05 pm

I like the givi with the passenger back rest just fine but the look of the back seat on the GT Silverwing really looks great with the bike. It really belongs on the bike. I'd do anything to be able to ride longer and hear less complaining.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4192
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case   Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Jim Cater wrote:

With the exception of the Burgman over S'wing comment, I'd have
to agree with the curmudgeon and say the Givi made better spacial
sense.

Which curmudgeon mate, me or Mr Grinsel ?
Back to top Go down

Japanese Silverwing GT backrest & top case
Page 1 of 1