Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby COMick Yesterday at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Yesterday at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Engine oil leak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
liamwalshski
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Engine oil leak   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Hello peoples. I have a small oil leak coming from the top of the engine. its dripping very slowly down the right hand side of the engine. I need to get to that part of the engine to investigate, I have seen the spark plug pictorial, can I gain any more access if I remove the seat completely.
Thanks in advance for any help and advice you guys can offer me.
I have looked everywhere on this forum and can't figure it out.

Liam Razz
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leak   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:04 pm

there are at least 50 nuts and bolts to take the tub out ,remember where they go
Back to top Go down
wingmann
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
wingmann

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-08-22

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Oil leak   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Lay down on the right side of of your silverwing with flash light or a trouble light look at the motor you will see your oil fill cap / dip stick first look one or two inches forword of the fill cap and you will see some wires coming out of the motor see if the oil is coming from that spot . Next look up about two inches up from that spot and you will see some more wires coming out of the motor see if oil is coming from that spot. I have had a lot of motorcycles in the past that over time started slowly leaking oil from spots that the wires come out of the motor . If you see oil you may have to clean the oil off then check ever day to see the fresh oil leak to be sher of the spot it is coming from. If it is leaking from the wires slowly I would just check my oil level more often do to it looks like a lot of work to just to fix vary slow leak. Maybe its leaking from some other spot but it is a spot to start looking. If the oil level is going down fast then you have to bite the bullet and fix it.
Back to top Go down
liamwalshski
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Wingman.   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:41 am

I know of the first (engine sensor) your talking of, its clean. I didn't check the one 2 inches above it, Thats the direction its coming from. I got a feeling its probably a worn rubber gromit one of those connections. Just annoying and a pain in the ass, as its dirtying up the back wheel over time.
wingmann wrote:
Lay down on the right side of of your silverwing with flash light or a trouble light look at the motor you will see your oil fill cap / dip stick first look one or two inches forword of the fill cap and you will see some wires coming out of the motor see if the oil is coming from that spot . Next look up about two inches up from that spot and you will see some more wires coming out of the motor see if oil is coming from that spot. I have had a lot of motorcycles in the past that over time started slowly leaking oil from spots that the wires come out of the motor . If you see oil you may have to clean the oil off then check ever day to see the fresh oil leak to be sher of the spot it is coming from. If it is leaking from the wires slowly I would just check my oil level more often do to it looks like a lot of work to just to fix vary slow leak. Maybe its leaking from some other spot but it is a spot to start looking. If the oil level is going down fast then you have to bite the bullet and fix it.
Back to top Go down
liamwalshski
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Thank you tankyuong   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:45 am

Have you done it, and if you did what is the end result like? did it give you good access to the top of the engine and surrounding areas.
tankyuong wrote:
there are at least 50 nuts and bolts to take the tub out ,remember where they go
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leak   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Main purpose of the removal was to replace rear shock, and yes you get a better view of engine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine oil leak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine oil leak   Engine oil leak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine oil leak
Page 1 of 1