Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 2:49 am

» New to Me Swing
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 10:47 pm

» I said Farewell...
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Yesterday at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 5:05 am

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

United States map of states you have visited !!!

Go down 
+28
Meldrew
Cosmic_Jumper
Black Sapper
lalee
JeffR_
ridr44
jdeereanton
Somerled
SamHouston73
papa johns
honda_silver
CathyN
smorkle
MaxB
DennisB
Opalsboy
Sweendog
roadrunner
Windrider
redeye
"Hi Yo"
KurtPerthWA
pja
matthew
midlifecrisis (Paul)
GaryL
joncallihan
JeffR
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

United States map of states you have visited !!! Empty
PostSubject: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi,

Here is a site where you can put the map of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico..of states you have visited.

Here is how I did it (although someone may have better instructions):

1) Go to the website and choose the map/maps you want.

2) Choose the states/provinces you have visited. If you choose more than one map you will need to save each one seperately, and post them in your signature seperately too.

3) Right click on each map you want to save and hit "Save As" and then give it a name. i.e. U.S. Map...Canada Map etc.

4) Go to your profile and then to "Signature" and then you will need to hit "Host an Image" and put it at the bottom of your signature. Choose the smallest size when it asks you which one to use. There are about 4 sizes to choose from and if you choose the forum size it will probably take the entire post. Make sure before you "host an image" that your cursor is in the proper place in your signature.

5) Once you get it there make sure you hit "Save" or it will not save to your signature.

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

IF YOU USE A LARGER MAP IT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR THE PAGES TO LOAD. FOR THOSE WITHOUT HIGH-SPEED INTERNET IT WILL REALLY EFFECT THEIR DOWNLOAD SPEED. PLEASE ONLY USE THE SMALLEST MAP WHEN DOING THIS TO BE CONSIDERATE OF THOSE WITHOUT HIGH-SPEED INTERNET. THANKS

Even though I have almost 33,000 miles on my SWing I have only been in California and Nevada, and I didn't go very far at all into Nevada. But I don't get a chance to tour at all. I have always wondered where people get these maps and found this.

Hope it works.

Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:27 am

Eggsoft requires a "right click" -- my iMac has only one "click". Bummer. alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:04 pm

JeffR,

Is it your intent that we list states that we have ridden our Silverwings in, or should we list all states that we have ridden any motorcycle/Scooter in? Question
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Would be to easy for me, only one state, Colorado, June 1996.

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown, spent most days between 5 and 6pm very drunk, as it was "happy hour". Tried Elk for the first time.

Heard the roars of the City when the Denver Avalanche won the Ice Hockey cup.

Was upset when every one thought I was Australian.

Couldn't find any fish and chips Smile
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Gary,

You can do what you want. It's just to see what states some have ridden in so fill it out like you want. I wish I had the chance to take a long ride on the SWing but with family it just isn't possible here. That or I'm just 'whipped". If you know what I mean. lol
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 pm

I can't seem to get this to work. Can you be more detailed about the steps please?
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:04 am

Chaps!

Here is an alternative view of "places I've ridden my SilverWing".

United States map of states you have visited !!! Australia

That's New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory and Victoria for those who are geographically challenged. I have also taken the liberty to superimpose a map of the USA to give you an idea of relative distances Embarassed

Regards,
Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 am

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pja
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
pja

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:33 am

KurtPerthWA wrote:
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Don't tell anyone please Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Peter
Back to top Go down
http://www.caseysbeach.com
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:39 am

Ive only ridden the Swing inside of 500km from Perth, tho I have travelled on bikes in nearly every state in the Commonwealth.

United States map of states you have visited !!! Austra11
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
United States map of states you have visited !!! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 6:32 am

Peter, That's a very interesting comparison, but not very accurate. Australia contains about 7.6 million sq,km. and the United States has about 9.2. You chaps must have had that little string thing on your hats cinched down too tight. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:48 am

Thanks very much for the information to set up a "visited states" map. I'm looking forward to adding more states this year!
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:02 am

matthew wrote:
I can't seem to get this to work. Can you be more detailed about the steps please?
Matthew, if you can provide some specific information on where you are having the problem, I'll be glad to help. For example, are you able to create the map and save it to your computer OK? Or is the problem with hosting the file or linking it to your signature? I have stumbled through each step of the process making many errors in each one and finally got it to work, so this has been a bit frustrating prior to success. -- Steve
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:38 am

Steve, yes thanks. I can create the map and save it to my computer. Then I went to my profile and my signature and tried to get it into my signature without success. I clicked on the "host an image" icon and tried to follow that process, but it wouldn't work out from there. So I guess the problem is with hosting and linking to my signature.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am

Geeze Pete, a whole hour and a half. Whats the world coming to?

ROFLMAO

Last edited by KurtPerthWA on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 10:57 am

Matthew, Verizon allows me a personal web space that I really don't use all that much. If you'd like to e-mail me your map image file, I'll put it on my web space and provide the "host" site. My file is only 14 kB in size; yours would probably be similar. It's quite tiny compared to my total allotted space, so it's no imposition at all. And I'll send you the web address so you can link it in your signature. It's no problem and I would be pleased to do it. -- Steve
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:20 pm

OK, Steve. I'll need your email address. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:34 pm

matthew wrote:
OK, Steve. I'll need your email address. Thanks.
Matthew, you're welcome! Please send the file to shiloh305@verizon.net. -- Steve
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't seem to get it to work, so I put it on as my Avatar. These are the states I rode motorcycles to from Texas. I have not rode the Swing out of state yet, but plan to come spring.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Matthew, Received your e-mail and attached map image file. If you add this to your signature...

[~img]http://mysite.verizon.net/vze13k4kc/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VisitedStatesMatthew.jpg[/img]

it should appear on your posts. Please note the tilde (squiggly thing that looks like ~ ) between the opening bracket "[" and the letter "i" in img]. I put the tilde there to prevent your map from appearing in my post rather than the characters of the map's web address. On your signature box, delete the tilde ~ so the opening bracket is next to the "i" in the web address. It should look exactly as it does above except for the tilde.

When I copy the characters above and delete the tilde, your map appears rather than the characters.

United States map of states you have visited !!! VisitedStatesMatthew

The same thing should happen in your signature box. You should be good to go! -- Steve
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Windrider, I like your solution. I've been looking for a suitable avatar.
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:18 pm

joncallihan wrote:
Eggsoft requires a "right click" -- my iMac has only one "click". Bummer. alien beamed up
Try <option>-click
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Steve, thanks, that seems to have done it.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Matthew, it looks great and you're welcome! Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 am

Sweendog wrote:
joncallihan wrote:
Try

Thanks. That works fine to get it to my desktop. Then the process of getting it to the site preferred free holding site
servimg.com gets into some weird loop. It appears to do right but never comes back. ????

alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:35 pm

I am also having no luck getting this candy to work. I can create and save the image to my disc... but when I get to the host an image step, the box with no options sticks in the main window and I can't navigate around it. I have to close my browser and start over. I have had similar problem getting any image to save to a post. So, it must be a problem that is unique for my PC or setup.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:16 pm

OK...I gave it a try. I went to Buck's restraint, In Greenville, Mississippi on my 59th birthday, with Gary (Opalsboy), in 2009. Buck's is a good place for some GREAT food. That was the first time I had ever crossed the Mississippi River.

United States map of states you have visited !!! Visite10

United States map of states you have visited !!! Untitl11
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
I am also having no luck getting this candy to work.
Gary, the same offer goes for you as well as Matthew. If you wish, send your map file to me and I'll "host" it for you. I have a no-hassle fee schedule -- free -- and would be pleased to help out.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Just to go off topic a bit...have any of you ever read the story of the older lady in Austrailia who road around the entire country on a 50cc scooter? It was a really good story. I could find it in case anyone wants to read it. I think she is in her 60's and it took months for her to do it. I thought it took alot of guts to do this but she seemed really happy and excited when doing it though.

Now..back to the arguement about superimposing Austrialia over the U.S. ....you many now continue. Cool
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:57 am

This where I have been on MC and scooters.

It took 30 yrs to accumulate. Don't believe it is up to date. Add 2 Canadian privinces.

Statemap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I did a search for US States with filthy restrooms and this came up:

tenn
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:30 pm

This is what my map looks like now:

United States map of states you have visited !!! VisitedStatesMap

This is what I plan for my map to look like by September:

United States map of states you have visited !!! VisitedStatesMap2-1

Planning a trip to Metropolis, IL in May and plan to cross the river into KY while I'm there. I'm about 2 hours away from IA and NE and just have never gotten around to riding there yet. I've got a ride planned into OK during the STO this year so I'm gonna try and add 5 states to my map this year!

Thanks JeffR for posting this site. Really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 pm

I'd add a visit to DuggleBogey as well cheers
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

what is DuggleBogey? I looked it up on Google and it was trying to correct my spelling.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:55 pm

Help!!

I can not figure out how to put my map on my signature. I have tried numerous times. I just figured out how to put a link in my posts. Hope it worked.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:57 pm

CathyN wrote:
Help!!

I can not figure out how to put my map on my signature. I have tried numerous times. I just figured out how to put a link in my posts. Hope it worked.

At the bottom of the signature I have

[ u r l = https://servimg.com/view/13842085/4][ i m g]https://i.servimg.com/u/f74/13/84/20/85/visite10.jpg[ / i m g][ / u r l ]

Remove the space from above.
Back to top Go down
papa johns
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 am

I have been having difficulties posting the map. I'm using an iPad and have no clicker to save. Any ideas?
Mike
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:50 am

smorkle wrote:
what is DuggleBogey? I looked it up on Google and it was trying to correct my spelling.

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Tennessee.

Sorry for the confusion.

:flower:
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:24 pm

papa johns wrote:
I have been having difficulties posting the map. I'm using an iPad and have no clicker to save. Any ideas?

I believe it is the same way as my wife's MacBook Pro ... use two fingers simultaneously (same as right click).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm

I have noticed that no one has listed Michigan as a place visited. I'm not concerned. You are following the wisdom of our pioneer ancestors who must have encountered the first swamps and mosquitoes and said this ain't the right place, then headed back south and then west. Pioneers had wisdom. In modern times you will encounter rough roads and chilly winds. There is much more favorable territory to explore in this great country. I live here and have no money to move so I do like to hear about your travels ... and dream.
Back to top Go down
SamHouston73
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: I can't get this to work.   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 pm

I tried following the instructions to put the US Riding Map in my profile signature, but it hasn't worked. When trying to host a image I try to subscribe to www.serving.com without an success. It will only let me try to log on, but since I don't have a membership I can't. I've tried to insert an image via website or saved image. In both cases it didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:10 pm

SamHouston73 wrote:
I tried following the instructions to put the US Riding Map in my profile signature, but it hasn't worked. When trying to host a image I try to subscribe to www.serving.com without an success. It will only let me try to log on, but since I don't have a membership I can't. I've tried to insert an image via website or saved image. In both cases it didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?
If you're interested, I can host the image for you. Please check this thread's posts on February 13, when another member was attempting to do the same as you. Once you're comfortable with the process, you can either host the image elsewhere or leave it on my site. The file size is so small that it's not an issue from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:58 pm

CathyN wrote:
Help!!

CathyN, I overlooked your post from a couple months back. Sorry, didn't mean to exclude you from my offer to matthew (February 13 post) and SamHouston73 (June 19 post). If you send me your map, I'll host it and send you the URL to include in your signature.
Back to top Go down
SamHouston73
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:08 pm

OK redeye. I'll email it to you. TY.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 6:29 pm

SamHouston73 wrote:
OK redeye. I'll email it to you. TY.
You're welcome and I'm glad to help! Your map is ready to go. I copied the language to another user for instructions on how to insert the image in your signature, so if this post looks familiar...

Received your e-mail and attached map image file. If you add this to your signature...

[~img]http://mysite.verizon.net/vze13k4kc/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/VisitedStatesSamHouston73.jpg[/img]

it should appear on your posts. Please note the tilde (squiggly thing that looks like ~ ) between the opening bracket "[" and the letter "i" in img]. I put the tilde there to prevent your map from appearing in my post rather than the characters of the map's web address. On your signature box, delete the tilde ~ so the opening bracket is next to the "i" in the web address. It should look exactly as it does above except for the tilde.

I was able to preview this post before inserting the tilde, and your map image appeared on my preview screen. Your map should not appear on this post. By the way, welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
SamHouston73
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm

TY again redeye. It worked. My only question now is how do I update the map when the time comes?
Back to top Go down
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 pm

SamHouston73: I use photobucket.com to host my pic and they have some tools that allow you to modify the picture and that's how I've done it. However, you can always just go to the site and make a new map when it changes and update your links.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:34 pm

SamHouston73 wrote:
TY again redeye. It worked. My only question now is how do I update the map when the time comes?
Looks great! When you update the map, send the new file to the same e-mail address. Updating the current file by overwriting it with your new file takes only a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
Somerled
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Somerled

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Is this to answer where we've visited or specifically where we've ridden a Silverwing?
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
United States map of states you have visited !!! 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:26 pm

By going back and reading the original posts, it sounds like you can set it up any way you want. I think most people include any state where they have ridden a motorcycle. not just the Silverwing. Has anyone ridden in all 50 states?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United States map of states you have visited !!!   United States map of states you have visited !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

United States map of states you have visited !!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next