Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert

Go down 
+6
honda_silver
slava777
dspevack
Opalsboy
Waspie
MikeO
10 posters
AuthorMessage

I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert Empty
PostSubject: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:55 pm

If it looks Too Good to Be True It Probably Isn't True !!

This turned out to be the case in my SilverWing Purchase.

I posted the other day looking for purchase advice on a 2002 Wing I had found. 1600.00 Great Price.

Was through Craigslist and a broker site cooperative-yardsales.com. I did some research on yardsales.com and came up with no problems. Committed to the sale and sent purchase information and even got a delivery date on the bike.

Then the funny stuff started. Request for a favor. Then payment by Western Union. Then more research on "cooperative-yardsales.com. SCAM outfit. I played it to the hilt trying to make arrangements for direct PayPal payment and they wouldn't. Offered to drive 600 miles and just pick it up and put cash in her hand and they wouldn't.

They finally gave up on me and cancelled the sale.

So hello and goodbye for now to the Forum. Enjoyed the time and thank everybody for their help and advice. You all seem like a good crew.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be. The search is on again.....

Feel kinda foolish !!

Beware www.cooperative-yardsales.com
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Don't feel foolish - I doubt many of us haven't been taken for a ride by dishonest scum at some point in our lives.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Sounds to me you did fine. You entered into a deal.

They tried to scam you but you were wise to their ways. You offered to ride to them and they chickened out. I think you acted sensibly and right.

Lesson learned, you never parted with $'s.

Oh yes and the rest of your US colleagues are wise to the website you posted.

Good luck with your searching for a bike.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Why you saying good by friend. You are welcome to hang around and visit with us so you will know us better when you do find that deal of a lifetime. I don't think you should feel foolish at all... on the contrary. You out smarted a scammer.... I could learn from you.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

You know something about your deal didn't seem right to me so I actually did the research on scam alerts. However yardsales.com was what you mentioned, and it came up as a different website than cooperative-yardsales.com. So without any proof that the two were linked, and with no alerts on yardsales, I kept quiet.

In any case I'm glad you got out before you lost money.

Dan
Back to top Go down
slava777
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Looks like another victim of Craigslist. Glad you got out of this deal without any regrets or significant losses. There are millions of postings like that. In best case scenario they are collecting people's email addresses for future scam.
Worth case - people are loosing money. The bottom line, deal with the local guys only, always request sellers phone number. Serious seller will never refuse to provide his phone number.
Here is my story:
I bought my 2007 Swing few weeks ago from a local listing on Craigslist. I paid 3500 for an ABS model that had only 1875 miles on it. The bike is in good condition and owner delivered it to my house for an extra 150 bucks. I think it was a good deal.
Waiting for a good season to ride. Will complete few upgrades during the winter.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Next time ask them if could have someone locally check the for sale item ( even if it is bluff ). The scam artist will have a bunch of reasons why someone cannot check it out.
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:14 pm

I have yet to see a silverwing sell that cheap. anytime a person enters a deal and it fulls through...its just experience...nothing lost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
smorkle
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
smorkle

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 pm

As long as there are people with money there will be other people trying to separate them from it..... by any means necessary.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:33 am

Sorry to hear that you got scammed too Sad It always leaves you with a sick feeling, be glad you were able to spot it in time and didn't part with the cash.

No need to disappear off the site either, I don't think Admin etc. actually insist that you own a Swing at the moment just to participate Smile

Good luck with your hunt for another SWing, take heart from the fact that many, many owners are like those here; decent, honest and hard working with whom you can have a good deal at no risk.

Stick around Smile
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Sorry to read about this. Can't add much to what the others have posted, but glad you figured things out before sending money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert   I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Craigslist is free.

And worth every penny!
Back to top Go down

I bought a SilverWing • Then I didn't • Bad Vendor Alert
Page 1 of 1