Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New to Honda Silverwings

Go down 
+5
robert
Waspie
jdeereanton
ulflyer
graemec
9 posters
AuthorMessage
graemec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-02-07

New to Honda Silverwings Empty
PostSubject: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:55 am

Hi Everyone
I live in Cootamundra NSW Australia and have been reading the topics on this forum for a while.
Cootamundra is located approximately 300klm southwest of Sydney.
Currently I own a Honda Forza NSS250 X which i believe the Reflex is the equivalent Scooter in America.
I now have the 2006 Forza for sale and I am now going to purchase a used 2007 Honda Silverwing 600 which has only travelled 4700klm.
I am wondering what you all think of the Silverwings and if there any tips I need to know.
I have read a lot of forums where they state that the Silverwing is a little heavy on fuel if pushed.
I did some reading on them myself and to me they appear to be an excellent scooter.
I am a 60year old rider and I love to cruise on a scooter here in Australia.
I think its just great!
What does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 am

Welcome aboard from a relatively new member also. I've been riding for years on cycles and more recently a variety of Burgmans but until late last year I'd never owned a Silverwing. Several friends I ride with do have them and I'd ridden theirs a bit. Of all the scooters out there, I think you'll find the SW has less issues than any of the other larger ones. If you haven't yet gone thru the "Maint Tips" section of this forum, you might want to do that, and make some notes on such things as oil, filters, how to change, etc. Tons of good info there. The SW, at about 500 pounds, is much heavier than your 250 so take it easy at first till you get used to it. It will prob feel like a real monster for awhile. All in all, its a fine machine, been in production with few changes for years, and anything you need is readily avail. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 am

graemec wrote:
Hi Everyone
I live in Cootamundra NSW Australia and have been reading the topics on this forum for a while.
Currently I own a Honda Forza NSS250 X which i believe the Reflex is the equivalent Scooter in America.
I now have the 2006 Forza for sale and I am now going to purchase a used 2007 Honda Silverwing 600 which has only travelled 4700klm.
I am wondering what you all think of the Silverwings and if there any tips I need to know.
I have read a lot of forums where they state that the Silverwing is a little heavy on fuel if pushed. ....

Welcome graemec,

You're not too far away from the submarine on the Hume Highway. We spent a few weeks in Albury and made visits to Wagga Wagga and Gungadai. Lovely area you live in there.

My wife and I went from Relex(i, es, s?) to SilverWings and we enjoy them immensely. The SilverWing is a bit more of a thirsty machine, especially if you stay in the throttle and hang out for hours at the upper end of the speedo. Well worth the trade off in sheer lively power and fun. If I remember correctly there are some limits to the speeds on major roads like the Hume Highway and the SilverWing will ride well all day at those posted speeds and will return great mileage.

No worries, mate!
Enjoy your new bike and post a few photos of your rides as you get out and about.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:52 am

Welcome graemec, enjoy your new 'Wing' when you get it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Welcome graemec,

Enjoy your new S/W, Ride Safe.

Robert
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New to Honda Silverwings 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:22 pm

graemec wrote:

I think its just great!
What does everyone think?
I think I don't care what everyone thinks. A 2007 with 4700klm (about 3000 miles) sounds like a great deal. They just got it broken in for you. I believe you will be very happy with the extra power and being a member of this forum is just a bonus. G'day mate and welcome aboard. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Welcome !

I've had my 2007 for two months and 1000 miles.
I'm averaging a little under 46 mpg overall
Which isn't too bad considering the weight and the power of the Wing

Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:34 am

Had my Shadow for couple months myself and am averaging 56 mpg.
Back to top Go down
graemec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Bought a Silverwing   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:47 am

ulflyer wrote:
Welcome aboard from a relatively new member also. I've been riding for years on cycles and more recently a variety of Burgmans but until late last year I'd never owned a Silverwing. Several friends I ride with do have them and I'd ridden theirs a bit. Of all the scooters out there, I think you'll find the SW has less issues than any of the other larger ones. If you haven't yet gone thru the "Maint Tips" section of this forum, you might want to do that, and make some notes on such things as oil, filters, how to change, etc. Tons of good info there. The SW, at about 500 pounds, is much heavier than your 250 so take it easy at first till you get used to it. It will prob feel like a real monster for awhile. All in all, its a fine machine, been in production with few changes for years, and anything you need is readily avail. Best of luck and keep us posted.
Hi Ulflyer thank you for the welcome.
I purchased a Honda Silverwing 600 on the 19th February 2012 with only 4470k.
Cant stop riding it,it is such a pleasure to ride.
Fantastic on the highway.
Everything is very accessible from a servicing point of view.
Have read the tips section ect and the wealth of information from other riders like yourself is astounding.
Back to top Go down
graemec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:50 am

robert wrote:
Welcome graemec,

Enjoy your new S/W, Ride Safe.

Robert
Thanks Robert the wing is an absolute pleasure to ride!
Back to top Go down
graemec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 am

Waspie wrote:
Welcome graemec, enjoy your new 'Wing' when you get it.
Hi Doug
Purchased a 2006 Silverwing with 4600k Sunday 19th February 2012 and its great!
Fantastic Scooter with loads of grunt!
Hope to have many fun days on it!
Back to top Go down
graemec
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 am

jdeereanton wrote:
graemec wrote:
Hi Everyone
I have read a lot of forums where they state that the Silverwing is a little heavy on fuel if pushed. ....

Welcome graemec,

You're not too far away from the submarine on the Hume Highway. We spent a few weeks in Albury and made visits to Wagga Wagga and Gungadai. Lovely area you live in there.

My wife and I went from Relex(i, es, s?) to SilverWings and we enjoy them immensely. The SilverWing is a bit more of a thirsty machine, especially if you stay in the throttle and hang out for hours at the upper end of the speedo. Well worth the trade off in sheer lively power and fun. If I remember correctly there are some limits to the speeds on major roads like the Hume Highway and the SilverWing will ride well all day at those posted speeds and will return great mileage.

No worries, mate!
Enjoy your new bike and post a few photos of your rides as you get out and about.
Hey Dale
It truly is a small world!
We are only 30mins from Gundagai!
Glad you enjoyed our part of the world..and thank you for the welcome...
Purchased a 2006 Silverwing 600 on the 19th February 2012 with 4700k.
Absolutely love it and wow does it have some go!
As you mentioned the fuel consumption suffers but I to feel the trade off is worth it.
In Australia Maxi scooters are the way to go if you travel a bit..... I am gald i choes the Silverwing absolutely no regrets!
Will be in touch with some photos!
Cheers for now
Graemec
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 am

- 42 MPG (US gallon) when riding like the cars.
- Heavy when pull/push by hand.
- Useless off road (dangerous)

- Very good quality.
- Fun

- When your drive style is moderate..a Burgman 400 will do.(less fuel and lighter to handle)

Eddy
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Honda Silverwings   New to Honda Silverwings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Honda Silverwings
Page 1 of 1