Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New to Me Swing
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Today at 5:41 pm

» I said Farewell...
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Today at 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 5:05 am

» LF extended back rest
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby bkr62rsk Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

» Drive belt prices
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

» Rear shock longevity
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

» For Sale - New 26g Dr Pulley Sliders
Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeby welshman in canada Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Speakers / amp install?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Speakers / amp install? Empty
PostSubject: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:41 pm

ANyone ever install speakers and an amplifier on the SW?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:43 am

Captain,

You might try this site:

http://www.rvtoys.net/motormate_003.htm

I don't know anything about these but I would like to get a stereo one day for my SWing too. Good luck and tell us what/if you install anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:16 am

A few years ago i added a AM/FM/CD radio that works great.
Below is a link to a picture of my install. The radio is hidden
in the hard side bag. The only controls that show is the small remote control mounted on top of the left brake reserve.

http://paulscooter.webs.com/apps/photos/photo.jsp?photoID=9353364&prev=1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Vance and Hines muffler?? Is it made for the Silverwing? Increase in power?
Back to top Go down
scooterbob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
scooterbob

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:47 pm

On my 03 I mounted one of these....

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/shop/stereo-motorcycle-speakers-aw-102-prd1.htm

The picture below is what I used for determiing where to mount the speakers. This was not my scooter.

Speakers / amp install? Pict2510

I had mounted the speakers up a little higher. The amp went in the left glove box, and I had a small "I-Pod" type player velcrowed to the dash.

The unit I had was lower power than the above link, but from the same company.

I opted not to install a similar unit on my 08 because it was only hearable to about 35mph. After that the wind noise would drown out the audio. This was mostly because the speakers were facing at a downward angle.

Have a great day
bob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 pm

Captain wrote:
Vance and Hines muffler?? Is it made for the Silverwing? Increase in power?

It's a compleat Leo Vince Exhaust system. It replaces the catalytic stock muffler and the header pipes. There is a removable baffle so you can tune it for low RPM or higher RPM. It makes a big difference in power.

Yes, it is made for the Silver Wing.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:34 pm

Speakers / amp install? 003
I installed an amp and speakers on my S'Wing last spring. The amp is mounted under the seat on the side and it's about 4"x5". I am very pleased with the quality and sound. The complete kit is pricey, ($269), but IMO was worth it. Here is where I bought it.
http://www.uniqcycle.com/Classic_Edition_Motorcycle_Speakers_Audio_System_p/ucs-ce.htm

If the picture does not appear, here is a link to a picture of the speakers.
http://picasaweb.google.com/skiwoods18/MyHondaSilverwing#5206742514485642610

Last edited by skiwoods on Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Skiwoods,

Are those the Ultra RumbleRoads with 100W per speaker?

Are they loud enough? Any problem with powering them (battery able to handle them)? Know there was a mention of a 15 amp fuse.

Captain
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Captian,

My original post had the incorrect link. I have edited my original post to include the correct link. At the time I was shopping, the incorrect link was of the only picture I could find with a picture of similiar looking speakers. The speaker and amp kit is from UniqCycle Sounds. The amp is 150 watts and has no problem putting out enough sound. When riding to work, I usually listen to audio books that I download onto my ipod. So I needed something of high quality that would not distort sound. I originaly purchased (from a local dealer) a kit that was about $100. After hooking it up, I was not pleased with the sound and returned it. I've had no problem with power drain. They look a little obnoxious at first, but the sound is a huge payoff. On longer trips, I love the tunes, and I can still listen to my books on the way to/from work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 8:18 pm

can anyone tell me whats behind the sticker just below the steering wheel was thinking if theres enough space in there to put in a stereo or does it have to be mounted under the seat? i'd like to have the controls in front of me not under me if possible. i'd like to have speakers mounted in the tops of the glove boxes if possible. whats you'all thoughts about this? any thoughts i'd like to hear what you have to say. i just got my 09 wing so i havent got any knowledge of spaces on a wing like where you can drill and where not to. also don't care for the speakers mounted on the handle bars that to me looks to gaudy.
Back to top Go down
Jim Cater
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Jim Cater

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm

The other way you can go is to combine need & functionality.

Bought the scoot so wife can ride her own during group rids where we pretty much all use the CB. I have the JMCB system on the GW and just love it. There is an aux input built into it and I can hook up the GPS to hear in the headset. GPS also has a card slot for the MP3's. 3 birds on one shot theory. Just my 2 elbows worth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwrra.org
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:38 pm

On some of the Japanese websites for scooters I have seen 5 inch
lcd tvs mounted where those stickers are. Why? Because they can, I guess.
But I wouldn't recommend electronics there, exposed to the elements.

I would suggest that you do one of two things:
1. Mount a stereo someplace else and remote the controls.
2. Kill 2 birds with one stone by installing a GPS with media playback capability.

The Garmin 550 and 660 are built for motorcycles, can be mounted in
any of several locations, have mpg playback, and can interface with cell
phones and helmet mounted audio.

Anyway, there is a little space there but not much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speakers / amp install?   Speakers / amp install? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speakers / amp install?
Page 1 of 1