Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Today at 9:09 am

» Drive belt prices
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» LF extended back rest
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» I said Farewell...
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Red idiot light (H) ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

Red idiot light (H) ? Empty
PostSubject: Red idiot light (H) ?   Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 7:48 pm

I ended up riding home in the pouring rain and my red H light came on but the digital temperature gauge was at its normal position and after letting the bike cool off a few hrs I went out and started it up and it’s still on as soon as I start up,does anyone have an idea what’s going on,could the rain caused the red light to come on ? And since it stays on after it’s cooled down is there a reset for the dash idiot lights which I’ll do after a day or so after it drys up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Erdoc48
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2022-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Red idiot light (H) ?   Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2024 9:41 pm

I do have a question for you – when the light came on, what is the temperature gauge showing that the bike was running hot (EDIT- sorry, now I see it was running at the proper temp gauge wise) I actually had the gauge show me three out of the four LCD bars when I was sitting at a red light in the recent past, and what it wound up being was a missing fuse in the fan slot. It was the first time that that occurred in all the time I’ve owned the bike. I put a 10 A fuse in the slot, proved that that was the problem because now the fan runs, even though I wasn’t aware it was not earlier. As for the light, that’s something I don’t have a good answer for. The other thing I checked with the bike cool was also to make sure that there was enough coolant in the overflow reservoir, and I opened the radiator cap to make sure there was enough coolant in there as well.  I would wonder if you disconnected the battery temporary to clear the memory in the ECU, reconnect, and see if the light goes off.
Back to top Go down
Johnbil09
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Johnbil09

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2023-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Red idiot light (H) ?   Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 10:44 am

Erdoc48 wrote:
I do have a question for you – when the light came on, what is the temperature gauge showing that the bike was running hot (EDIT- sorry, now I see it was running at the proper temp gauge wise) I actually had the gauge show me three out of the four LCD bars when I was sitting at a red light in the recent past, and what it wound up being was a missing fuse in the fan slot. It was the first time that that occurred in all the time I’ve owned the bike. I put a 10 A fuse in the slot, proved that that was the problem because now the fan runs, even though I wasn’t aware it was not earlier. As for the light, that’s something I don’t have a good answer for. The other thing I checked with the bike cool was also to make sure that there was enough coolant in the overflow reservoir, and I opened the radiator cap to make sure there was enough coolant in there as well.  I would wonder if you disconnected the battery temporary to clear the memory in the ECU, reconnect, and see if the light goes off.

Thank you so much that worked,the ride in the rain was only about two miles and about halfway home I stopped and ran into a store for a minute which I shut the engine off for and when I restarted it the red light came on instantly but the temperature gauge led oval dial was normal so I just continued home,I didn’t smell the hot engine overheating smell so my first thought was the rain caused it somehow,,,Anyways thank you again and enjoy your Sunday👍👍👍
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red idiot light (H) ?   Red idiot light (H) ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red idiot light (H) ?
Page 1 of 1