Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

This idiot about backed into me today !!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

This idiot about backed into me today !!! Empty
PostSubject: This idiot about backed into me today !!!   This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi,

I was going on my ride and while leaving my condo complex this guy was leaving right in front of me. He turns left and I did too and stayed a safe distance away from him. Then all of a sudden he tries to do a very quick 3 point turn to find a parking spot along the curb, on the street. So I start to slow down but as soon as he turned to the curb, he very quickly put the car in resverse and backed up. I had to stop right away so he wouldn't back into me.

He then looked up and saw me about 3' from his door and was very surprised that I was there. I know he didn't look in his mirror or even look around since I think I scared him that I was so close. I tell him to watch how he is driving because he could have hit me. He then takes off very fast, after telling me that "i need to learn how to ride a bike", squealing his tires, to go forward to get a parking spot.

I then do a u turn to go back to him and I start chewing him out for the way he was driving. We have many kids that play around here and young families that go shopping down the street and then push the carts home with their groceries. He says, and this just about set me off:

"I've been riding a motorcycle for 6 years", "You need to learn to ride a motorcycle".

I was about to pull him out of his car to wring his neck. But then I told him that I have been riding a m/c since I was 15 and I'm 52 now. He just kept saying that "i've been riding a M/C for 6 years and that I need to learn how to ride a motorcycle".

The funny thing is that he has a big sticker on the back of his trunk that says:

"Beware of Motorcycles on the roads"

I guess I'm just venting since he is so in-experienced that he thinks that riding for 6 years is a long time. But he probably thought that since I was on a scooter that I automatically don't know how to ride. In my younger days I would have pulled him out of his car and did an "ex Marine" thing on him. But I guess I have mellowed out in my years.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: This idiot about backed into me today !!!   This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Semper Fi, Jeff. I know that feeling only too well. My daughter is learning to drive and ride; I show her stories like yours to illustrate how to react when people take unexpected actions behind the wheel.

As far as chewing out the other driver and wringing his neck goes, I'll have her hold off on those for now. Wink
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: This idiot about backed into me today !!!   This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Hey Steve,

That is good advice to your daughter to not chew others out. I will do the same with my daughter is a few years too. I usually don't do this to people but after he told me that I need to learn how to drive ..just got my goat. I'm usually a pretty low key person. Oh, he was wearing a Yamaha hat too. Everything about this guy was about motorcycle saftey..and then he does this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: This idiot about backed into me today !!!   This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:50 pm

Jeff I can empathise with you.

I have had my share of confrontations with the 'idiot community'.

He's ridden a bike for 6 years!!! He's no John Grinsell then!!!!!

(No Offence intended John)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This idiot about backed into me today !!!   This idiot about backed into me today !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This idiot about backed into me today !!!
Page 1 of 1