Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» YSS rear shocks for sale
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» checking the oil
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby COMick Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Tue May 07, 2024 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!

Go down 
+3
AldusFran
JohnyC
BigGuido
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BigGuido
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-10-26

Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 11:12 pm

Hi and yes, I’m from California but I’m neither a fruit or a nut lol. It’s because of this group that I just bought a stock 2012 Silver Wing. Unfortunately the scooter was 2000 miles away and had to be shipped. ETA around the end of the year. Good thing is I’ll have a lot of time to read posts and ask questions, lol. Definitely my pleasure to be here. Keep the shiny side up!

BG
Back to top Go down
JohnyC
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
JohnyC

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2022-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 6:06 am

Welcome to the Forum BigGuido from the UK.
First stop make friends with the search bar for the wealth of Knowledge contained within this portal, I find key words work best.
Failing that just start a new post, including any relevant info to do with your enquiry/problem etc.
Just to forewarn you, the ear to ear grin you gain from riding a Silverwing is permanent!

Hope this helps.
Be safe, be seen!

99 Suzuki Burgman AN400 with a few mods.
09 Honda Silverwing FJS 600 with a lot more mods.
Back to top Go down
AldusFran
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 9:44 am

Welcome BigGuido and best of luck with your Silverwing purchase. How many miles are on this scoot and what shape ? I myself recently bought my fifth Silverwing ;a 2008 with 7400 miles ,a Corbin seat (which was replaced by a OEM seat (better) and new Contiscoot tires that have been recalled and a Givi windshield ;much better than OEM unit...Al
Back to top Go down
BigGuido
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2023-10-26

PostSubject: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 1:39 pm

Ok, a little more info. As far as I know there is no mods. It has 6,250 miles on it. Some touch-up paint on the right side. I think from falling over. No cracks or gouges in the tupperware. Bought it from a dealership. They thoroughly inspected it. Replaced top fork seals, changed the oil and filter, changed air filter. They said it had a sticky turn signal switch so they lubed it? They also put on two new tires brand of which I do not know. Then shipped it to me, about 2,000 miles away, for a total price of $4747.00 usd.
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1986
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 4:10 pm

Welcome BigGuido to the BEST SWing forum in the Universe!! I've never had anyone from a different planet tell me otherwise so it must be true!!
And like JohnnyC said, make friends with the search bar at the top left. If that doesn't work then just ask a question. More than likely someone here has had the same problem or knows how the fix it.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1567
Registration date : 2016-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 4:30 pm

Welcome BigGuido. Your patience to get onto a SW is admirable. As said above, it will give you time to look-up the pros and cons of this wonderful machine.

There are some articles on the forum which will give you an insight to what's under all that plastic. Self maintenance is not as difficult as you might think.

Get stuck in!
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2562
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2023 8:09 am

Big Guido, I too have a 2012 and it is arguably the best two wheeler I have ever owned, and I have had quite a few since 1969!

Some years ago I took mine from Arizona to Sequoia, Kings Canyon and on to Yosemite! By myself and nearly 2000 miles. Awesome trip and people marveled at the scoot. Amazingly people are not threatened by a scooter and always stop to ask questions and visit. I really enjoy that part!

Enjoy your scoot and send pictures when you are able!
Back to top Go down
fat tony
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04, 2023 10:31 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!   Hello from California to all you SWing lovers! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from California to all you SWing lovers!
Page 1 of 1