Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» LF extended back rest
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Today at 1:55 pm

» Top Box considering that Hi-vis and LED's are my friends
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Today at 12:54 pm

» Drive belt prices
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 5:26 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» New to Me Swing
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» I said Farewell...
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby Swingbatter Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

» OE Quality Drive Belt
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

» Rear shock longevity
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby LarryD Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:11 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:01 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Moving on....

Go down 
+3
Loosemarbles
MikeO
terrier
7 posters
AuthorMessage
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 9:28 am

After 8 years of Silver Wing ownership and being a member of this wonderful forum I've now moved on to another make of bike. Over the last year or so due to various health conditions I've been finding the Silver Wing a lot more difficult to manoeuvre in and out of my garage past the car. Always worried it might over balance on me and drop it. Once out and on the road it was no problem. But as I get older I can't see the situation improving, probably getting worse. So, not wanting to pack in completely and giving it a lot of thought I decided to treat myself and I've bought a new Peugeot Metropolis trike. This has the ability to lock the front wheels and therefore push the bike around on three wheels without toppling over. I've found this much better and it's also great to ride. I've only done a couple of hundred miles so far and still running it in for the first 1000 miles or so but it's certainly powerful enough for a 400cc engine. I'll remain on this forum if that's ok and look in occasionally. Finally, I'd like to thank the moderators and members for the help and friendship I've found while being a member of this great forum thumbs up
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3794
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 10:55 am

I, too, began to find the Silverwing too heavy for me to manoeuvre when not sitting on it so downsized to a Forza.
I'm pleased you've found something to keep you on 'two' wheels and hope you enjoy it to the full.
As you know, I don't live too far from you; perhaps our paths will cross ere long.

Best wishes, Mike.
Back to top Go down
Loosemarbles
Site Admin
Loosemarbles

Number of posts : 1564
Registration date : 2016-10-01

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 12:26 pm

I have found the SWs size is deceptive of its' weight. Modern bikes, being made from metal composites, are the opposite. Modern 600cc bikes have replaced the old 1000cc bikes from my first days of riding when a moped actually had pedals! I would guess that our SWs weight has caught us out now and again.

Ride what suits you and enjoy.

BTW I have absolutely no problem getting my SW out of the garage through the space left by the car....I have to get the car out of the garage to get the SW out. Bit of PITA actually!

Check in to let us know how the Trike works out thumbs up
Back to top Go down
terrier
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
terrier

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2015-08-12

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 1:48 pm

MikeO wrote:
I, too, began to find the Silverwing too heavy for me to manoeuvre when not sitting on it so downsized to a Forza.
I'm pleased you've found something to keep you on 'two' wheels and hope you enjoy it to the full.
As you know, I don't live too far from you; perhaps our paths will cross ere long.

Best wishes, Mike.

Thanks Mike. My buddy and I have been down to your patch several times. We usually park up next to "Tommy" along with a few other bikers. Just wish this awful weather we're having just now would go away and let's have some sunshine. Don't want to get my new bike wet !
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2023 2:03 pm

I ride past Tommy several times each week on my electric moped as The Green is only four minutes from my house and I like to see the sea; I must have seen you. I tend not to stop, though, as I sometimes feel a bit out of my depth with the Harleys and crotch-rockets.
The electric moped is white with a broad red stripe on each side
Perhaps you'd tip me the wink when you're likely to be there and I'll meet and buy you a cuppa.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 7:39 am

I am glad you have found something to keep you "up"! I still have my Silver Wing but I really enjoy my Forza, so much easier for zooming around town!
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2023 8:14 am

This is the statue to which reference has been made:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_(statue)
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1984
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 5:01 pm

I know what you mean terrier. I have an 08 SWing that I had triked out almost 6 years ago and love it. It took a bit to get used to but now it's like I've ridden it for years. Oh Wait. I have ridden it for years! 6 years... LOL
And, Yes, keep checking in to let us know how it's all going.
Back to top Go down
redeye
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2010-10-13

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 7:23 am

terrier wrote:
...finding the Silver Wing a lot more difficult to manoeuvre in and out of my garage past the car.

That was my primary reason for moving on from the Silverwing. As you noted, a pleasure once on the road. All day, every day reliable. So many positives, plus being a Honda, made letting go a tough decision.
Back to top Go down
hondapete
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-25

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 2:06 pm

if a trike is ok for ted simon, it's ok with me! youre still riding, and that's the main thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moving on.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving on....   Moving on.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moving on....
Page 1 of 1