Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers

Go down 
+11
exavid
surlybiker58
jmaslak
sonuvabug
tinman
JeffR_
DarthJ
jdeereanton
Meldrew
dspevack
john grinsel
15 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:02 am

If they ban "trailer bikers" I willl go. Going riding with a bunch of people who trailered in=DANGEROUS. I rode thru a couple of years ago, saw lots of trailers and 4 scooter with training wheels!

In the days of Scoot Tours and Helix....and most riding in, much more fun.

Last thing I want to do after a couple of 500 mile days...is go for a ride.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 am

With "trailer bikers" it is not real rider's rally----I first went to Eureka Springs, 1993-----bulk of riders rode in and were quite good...and old. I remember one guy who was 76 at time, bitching about the few trailer bikers that showed up.....he, who rode Elite 180 from MD, could not understand why you have scooter and don't ride, I in now mid 70's agree------but it was fun watching the "trailer bikers" fall all over themselves in the parking lot.....And they want to go group riding?? Good way to get killed in my book----add training wheels and even more shakey. There has been at least on group ride accident over the years, cannot remember if death involved. Daytona/Sturgis, etc same----and they talk about their great ride in from the north......50 miles up the road where they took their bike off the trailer or pick up.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:39 am

John Grinsel,

Everyone including you is entitled to their opinion.
That said, aren't you being a bit elitist? and prejudiced?
Not every trailer-biker is inexperienced, and even experienced bikers fall over.
People are out there to have a good time, and meet new people.
Sometimes good etiquette is about knowing when not to offer your opinion, especially if it brings unwanted and unnecessary negative energy to a positive conversation.

Dan
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:53 am

I am rider.....don't see me much in common with trailer bikers....I see having fun, but bike on trailer not my idea of riding....I think trailer bikers are trying to be riders, but don't realize that includes riding in the good and bad/wet/cold, etc. As 58 year everyday rider, I intend to keep it that way/just that you rode. Training/ Unsteady? try sidecar outfit/still some skill involved. Trailer Bikers usually hide underbridges when it rains, too as they have no rainsuits/rubber boots...really fun to watch at Sturgis.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Following your logic, John you would also look down on someone who chooses to drive a roadster car (no top, not even convertible top) but refuses to drive it in the rain, choosing instead a vehicle with a top for inclement weather.

You need to understand that their are two kinds of bikers. Those that ride because they need to, and those that ride because they enjoy it. I have a rainsuit but if I have the time I will hide under a bridge too. Because I don't like riding in the rain. I don't need to subject myself to unnecessary danger of riding in the rain.

I guess what I'm saying is I think (because I'm entitled to my opinion too) your attitude is that of somebody who needs to prove himself, and then flaunts his experience as proof he is better than those around him.

Believe me, If I could afford to trailer a bike to a rally I would. Why? Because I enjoy riding in nice weather and am not ashamed to admit I don't like riding in other weather and see no reason to force myself to do so.

No matter how much experience you have, I'm not going to look up to you because you subject yourself to adverse conditions.

I'm sure you wouldn't consider it a reasonable attitude for trailer bikers to say "Look at that idiot riding a bike in the rain. If he was smart and had a trailer he wouldn't have to subject himself to that."

Condescension isn't pretty on anybody John.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Moving Post   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 12:58 pm

In my BMW riding days I used to attend National Rallies where you'd see pristine BMW bikes trailered in behind cars or motor caravans. It's not really playing the game, or entering into the spirit of rallying is it. The majority ride their bikes to the rally and camp out in whatever the weather throws at them. The trailer types more into BMW ownership than BMW riding were quite happy to wheel their immaculate bikes up for the Concours competitions and pick up the prizes, and waffle on about their bikes to admirers, but ride for hours in bad weather and then put up a tent in a wet field, no way.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:16 pm

dspevack wrote:
Following your logic, John you would also look down on someone who chooses to drive a roadster car (no top, not even convertible top) but refuses to drive it in the rain, choosing instead a vehicle with a top for inclement weather.

You need to understand that their are two kinds of bikers. Those that ride because they need to, and those that ride because they enjoy it. I have a rainsuit but if I have the time I will hide under a bridge too. Because I don't like riding in the rain. I don't need to subject myself to unnecessary danger of riding in the rain.

I guess what I'm saying is I think (because I'm entitled to my opinion too) your attitude is that of somebody who needs to prove himself, and then flaunts his experience as proof he is better than those around him.

Believe me, If I could afford to trailer a bike to a rally I would. Why? Because I enjoy riding in nice weather and am not ashamed to admit I don't like riding in other weather and see no reason to force myself to do so.

No matter how much experience you have, I'm not going to look up to you because you subject yourself to adverse conditions.

I'm sure you wouldn't consider it a reasonable attitude for trailer bikers to say "Look at that idiot riding a bike in the rain. If he was smart and had a trailer he wouldn't have to subject himself to that."

Condescension isn't pretty on anybody John.

hip, hip cheers hip, hip cheers hip, hip cheers
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm

You are not a rider. As to roadsters, I have owned MG Midget, new never put top up cause it leaked just as easy to wear pancho, 2 miatas, S800 Toyota.

I need to prove nothing....many cases have done it-----and I know you don't ride everyday, so lack the experience. How much did you ride in Germany??

And I think the dirty bathrooms in the south suck. And there are plenty of people out there who still ride, I hope
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:01 pm

dspevack wrote:
I have a rainsuit but if I have the time I will hide under a bridge too. Because I don't like riding in the rain. I don't need to subject myself to unnecessary danger of riding in the rain.

If I could afford to trailer a bike to a rally I would. Why? Because I enjoy riding in nice weather and am not ashamed to admit I don't like riding in other weather and see no reason to force myself to do so.

So if it was raining when you got to the rally, would you take part in the rally and ride in the rain, go and hide under the nearest bridge, or turn round and go home again? Neutral

Back to top Go down
DarthJ
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Okay, think everybody needs to take a step back and take a breath. Starting to get a bit personal. John, you don't need to say someone's not a rider if they don't ride in all weather.

This is supposed to be a nice place to get together and trade advice, stories and general bull.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Meldrew wrote:

So if it was raining when you got to the rally, would you take part in the rally and ride in the rain, go and hide under the nearest bridge, or turn round and go home again? Neutral

To answer your question Meldrew I must ask myself "Why am I at the Rally in the first place?"

If I am there to meet friends and make new ones, and the rally ride is simply an activity that is part of it (most rallies have several rides) then its not so important to participate in every ride, so ones that I know are going to be a hard rain I probably won't participate in.

Here in Florida the weather changes 3x per hour and its not unusual to have light sunshowers. Most of the time it would take more time to stop and put on my rain gear than it would to ride thru it.

Maybe the destination of the ride is important to me, and I'm willing to experience more inconvenience to get there.

One thing I don't do is let my ego dictate what weather I ride in.

Last edited by dspevack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm

john grinsel wrote:
You are not a rider. and I know you don't ride everyday, so lack the experience. How much did you ride in Germany??

John,
Are you oblivious?
Do you not see how condescending your attitude is?
No one likes to be looked down upon.
Even if that is the way you feel, good etiquette dictates restraint.

I separated this thread because 3 people complained of your attitude and I thought maybe you might have a clearer picture if I isolated your comments.

Are you to old to learn a new trick like courtesy?

Dan
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't care---I think some of the trailerbikers are getting a bit defensive---do gooders? These forums should be about riding/fixing. Get away from that and peoples defects / guilts come out. Every body enjoy riding pls

of course to pick on me seems to be okay. ever think of that??
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Since I am a real man...I put my car on a trailer and tow it with my SilverWing. It's just that sometimes when I'm doing 80mph in the twisties i worry my car is fish tailing, on the trailer, too much in back of me.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Trailering a bike when your destination is 500 or more and the interstate on a boring straight arrow HWY ,if you can afford to trailer to meet others on a twisty day long journey , either way is OK in my book .To each there own. Smile
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Jeff R ,if that is the way you are doing it, it would serve you better getting that Gold wing tow vehicle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 pm

tinman wrote:
Trailering a bike when your destination is 500 or more and the interstate on a boring straight arrow HWY ,if you can afford to trailer to meet others on a twisty day long journey , either way is OK in my book .To each there own. Smile

That's rubbish, long boring Interstate/Motorway/Autobahn rides are all part of the game to get you to the area you really want to be. You're not forced to go on them, get the maps out and plan a more interesting route if it bothers you. Normal is getting suited up and riding on when it rains, not hiding away from it, or moaning on here that you can't get out to ride because the "riding season is over". No one is expecting you to go sliding on your arse in ice and snow in the depths of winter to prove a point, and many of us don't live in hot sunny climates either. If we want to get somewhere or just ride, we wear the correct gear for the weather conditions and get on with it, it really is that simple.

As for trailering a bike or scooter to a rally, you deserve to have the piss taken out of you by everyone who's made the effort to ride there.

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:28 pm

No point in trying to rationalize with irrational people.

Just like those who measure people by how much money they have, the rest of us know that money is not the true measure of anything ... except how much money they have.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:29 pm

'Anonymous' wrote:
Last thing I want to do after a couple of 500 mile days...is go for a ride.
Interesting...
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Meldrew, If you ever get to ride in my neck of the woods, try to take a trip starting at 8 pm and take the northern route to go west ,Bring some food and camping gear when you need some gas you can camp by the gas station .If your lucky you won,t get head stuck up a swam donkey's kester, and you can enjoy the wonderful sound of mosquitoes and black fly s feeding on your blood. make sure you put lots of after shave lotion.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:41 pm

No need to mate, I can do all that in the Northern Highlands of Scotland! Smile
Back to top Go down
jmaslak
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2012-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Who cares if someone trailers or not. I'll probably never be the rider John is (even though I ride in all non-ice daily and don't have a bike trailer), but I know plenty of riders (with and without trailers) that are worse than me! And vise-versa. I'm not competing.

I got a scooter for practicality, comfort, and fun. I think most of us probably did.

Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:08 pm

john grinsel wrote:
I don't care---
We noticed.

john grinsel wrote:
I think some of the trailerbikers are getting a bit defensive---do gooders?
They don't like being belittled. Me either.

john grinsel wrote:
These forums should be about riding/fixing. Every body enjoy riding pls
Finally something we agree on. And riding is riding whether we trailer to a ride or not.

john grinsel wrote:
of course to pick on me seems to be okay. ever think of that??
You are the only one I've had complaints about.

Dan
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 pm

I would like to add than some of those "trailer bikers" have spouses
who would not endure or put up with a 500 mile ride to a rally.
I'm lucky to get my wife to agree to a 50 mile ride locally.
She's never forgiven me for a 1500 mile trip to Canada on the back of my
CB550k and that was 30 years ago.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:19 am

Maybe some of you guys would like to join me in a new business enterprise. I'm thinking of setting up shop at a motel around 50 miles from Sturgis before the rally. My service would be to spray bug guts and dirt on pristine trailered bikes so they'll look proper when they get to the rally. For those who prefer do it yourself I'll be marketing rattle cans filled with squashed insect parts. Big yellow splats would be an extra charge of course. I think there could be some real money in this plan.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:24 am

exavid wrote:
My service would be to spray bug guts and dirt on pristine trailered bikes so they'll look proper when they get to the rally.

Would that include the trailer too Question
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 am

What's the appeal of Sturgis for a Silver Wing rider? It just seems to a celebration of American big bike culture for the Harley rider with his big belly, beard, bandana, and shades. I have this image of lone mimsy hi-vis ATGATT scooter riders wandering down Main Street past lines of immaculate customised HD's, looking in vain for the Dr Pulley stand, with Steppenwolf's 'Born To Be Mild' blasting out of nearby bars! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:50 am

Meldrew wrote:
I have this image of lone mimsy hi-vis ATGATT scooter riders wandering down Main Street past lines of immaculate customised HD's, looking in vain for the Dr Pulley stand, with Steppenwolf's 'Born To Be Mild' blasting out of nearby bars! Twisted Evil

Based on your avatar, I have this image that you starred as the caretaker of the haunted property in at least half the episodes of Scooby Doo that I watched as a kid, (and still watch occasionally.) Laughing

I understand the stereotype, and there would be certainly enough bars and HDs to warrant that image, but that isn't all it is.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:39 am

And based your avatar I have this image of you... Shocked
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 5:46 am

Don,t forget that you can get a Swing tattoo racing a Hog.That would go down good at the HD bar. Smile
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 8:31 am

Meldrew wrote:
And based your avatar I have this image of you... Shocked

Fair enough.

The point of both my comment to you, and in fact the creation of this thread as a whole is that we all stereotype because it makes life easier to understand.
But as Shakespeare once wrote (if you believe he penned his own stuff...some don't)
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

We don't all fit neatly into categories created by others, nor do we have an obligation to. Peace.

Dan
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:04 am

dspevack wrote:
We don't all fit neatly into categories created by others, nor do we have an obligation to. Peace. Dan

Amen. Life would be pretty boring if we were all the same.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Why does it have to be vs? Isn't being bikers the whole idea? motorcycle
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Sturgis definitely isn't my kind of event. I've ridden by on the highway while the gathering was in progress without stopping. At my age booze, noise, and lack of sleep isn't something I can handle well. As for a scooter at Sturgis, you'd quickly find out that wouldn't get any respect. Unfortunately a result of HD's kind of marketing Harley riders seem to think anyone on anything else is 'sissy', especially if it doesn't make ear splitting noise. I could never understand how "burn out" contests made any sense at all. But then I never could see how burning donuts with a car made sense either.
It's too bad that the attitude toward scooters in the US is so negative. You definitely aren't a 'biker' here on a scooter. This country would be a huge market for maxi-scoots if it weren't for the macho attitude. As it is there seem to be only two kinds of scooter dealers in the US for the most part, the fly-by-night sellers of Chinese 50-150cc scooters and the big brand dealers who rarely have a model on the floor. I've been in several Honda dealers who have a lot of bikes on the floor but nary a scooter.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Sturgis...I'd reather go trout fishing.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 pm

I'd rather go watch paint dry, at least it's peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Chilliwing
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Chilliwing

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:52 pm

exavid wrote:

I'd rather go watch paint dry, at least it's peaceful.

Until your wife catches you fishing or watching paint dry!
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:06 pm

At our age we both like to watch paint dry as long as we don't have to put the stuff on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers   Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trailer bikers vs Non Trailer Bikers
Page 1 of 1