Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Headlight Adjustment quick question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2019-10-20

Headlight Adjustment quick question Empty
PostSubject: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 3:18 am

so i have replaced my headlights once before and know how BUT i was quite the process. i took off the ENTIRE front body chassis to reach the bulbs. now im nit sure thats the way to do it originally but yea. i searched around on this site and people say its a easy process and show this photo, but it dosent really say how to get to the enclosure

Headlight Adjustment quick question Pictur11

and i can find it now but i glimpsed at a picture diagram of just removing the window and i think sliding out the enclosure.

is removing the ENTIRE front body chassis the right way? im trying to adjust the vertical angle as it has drifted up
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 8:18 am

Get a proper shop manual for the bike....makes stuff easier.

Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 8:33 am

Here are the instructions from the FSM (p. 3-20). Do be aware the the illustration is looking at the inside of the front fairing facing forward.

With the bike on the center stand you just need to reach up underneath the fairing on the left side (between the fender and fairing) and feel for the bottle cap size adjuster and turn it to raise/lower the light beam.

Headlight Adjustment quick question 329abe10
Headlight Adjustment quick question 00edfc10
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 1:47 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Get a proper shop manual for the bike....makes stuff easier.

I have a manual, but I think I have the wrong one
Back to top Go down
XDM©
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
XDM©

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 6:46 pm

I see adjusting is the easiest thing in the world, just reach under and turn. But for future reference when time to change the bulbs can I just slide the bulb enclosure out either up or down?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 pm

XDM:copyright: wrote:
I see adjusting is the easiest thing in the world, just reach under and turn. But for future reference when time to change the bulbs can I just slide the bulb enclosure out either up or down?

Maybe this will help:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t5150-headlight-low-beam-upper-bulb-removal-and-replacment
Back to top Go down
winged warrior
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
winged warrior

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2016-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Headlight Adjustment quick question   Headlight Adjustment quick question I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 5:11 pm

I have had to replace the front lights a few times,
the one time I did the 'reach and feel' I ended up cracking/breaking some of the reflective plastic behind the top light, it now gives sort of a batman band of light,

anyway, I take off the entire front part every time now and clean out, inspect area. I always buy Silva lights, better quality, brighter - so they last longer, safer riding.
Back to top Go down

Headlight Adjustment quick question
Page 1 of 1