Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» checking the oil
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby COMick Today at 9:46 am

» Hobbies? (Besides maxi scooters, of course?)
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 6:46 am

» Modifying Honda Silver Wing 600
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby Frenchy Sat May 04, 2024 4:11 pm

» Poor man’s Power Commander: IAT Sensor modification (Intake Air Temp Sensor)
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby gavinfdavies Fri May 03, 2024 3:33 am

» Sinko De Mayo
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am

» May 2024 forum picture
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Thu May 02, 2024 4:42 am

» Strongly considering a one way ride from Texas to Progreso,Mexico and could use some advice
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:08 pm

» LF extended back rest
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:14 pm

» FOR SALE - 2009 Silver Wing
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:47 am

» Where can I find top-quality electronic tracks?
Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like

Go down 
+2
Osprey
oldwingguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like Empty
PostSubject: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 9:25 am

ETHANOL, and the imported from China Ambrosia beetle. The beetle is attracted to the ethanol in the gasoline aroma, thinking they are chewing their way into a tree they bore their way into fuel lines and even the plastic fuel tanks. They were first spotted in Mississippi in 1999 spreading east they hit oi-HI-o in 2011. If you notice fuel leakage check for a hole 5/64ths in diameter that's the bore site for the nest.
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 11:09 am

Egads, What next? Tire eating Ants . . . . chickendance
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3298
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 12:49 pm

Why worry?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4179
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 1:49 pm

So is there a handy 5/64” plug gauge available from Honda to precisely check that the culprit is indeed the work of the Chinese Ambrosia Beetle? Are Chinese Ambrosia Beetle Fuel Line Repellant Sprays available, maybe there's a Crowdfunding Project somewhere producing Emergency 5/64” Fuel Line and Tank Repair Kits with precision made plugs for roadside repairs. Don't give us half the story.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Meldrew wrote:
So is there a handy 5/64” plug gauge available from Honda to precisely check that the culprit is indeed the work of the Chinese Ambrosia Beetle? Are Chinese Ambrosia Beetle Fuel Line Repellant Sprays available, maybe there's a Crowdfunding Project somewhere producing Emergency 5/64” Fuel Line and Tank Repair Kits with precision made plugs for roadside repairs. Don't give us half the story.

Yes there is a 5/64 gauge it's called a drill bit Smile the cure? keep riding, don't park for very long at refueling stations Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Glad we havn't got that over here then. Shocked
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Osprey wrote:
Egads, What next?  Tire eating Ants . . . . chickendance

Just beware of the roadus chipsealious it EATS tires. chickendance
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 7:21 pm

Just another good reason to get rid of Ethanol...... Biggest scam ever invented. Had it's reasons years ago but US. now the largest producer of oil no longer needed.

It take as much energy to produce Ethanol as it produces. It only has 60% the energy of gas and causes other issues. It's not a Green fuel in any way produces just as much bad stuff as gas.

I'm drinking a beer that's all it's good for.

BUGS the hell out of me........ Killer Bees, Fire Ants, ETC. Mother nature has a way of taking care of it all. Rant. Tire eating Ants I'll just run them over. Smile
Back to top Go down
Osprey
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2018-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

A truck stop is being put in near here. The pumps have been at the location for a couple of years, but just diesel.

Regular gas was added this year and ta dah, 90 proof non-ethanol available as well. Great for all machines here on the farm.
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 9:51 pm

That's great non-ethanol is hard to find in many areas. It's more expensive but delivers better fuel mileage. Great for winter storage no moisture being absorbed into tanks.

Many stations are starting to sell 88 octane stuff stay away it's E15 15% ethanol fuel. Pump should be labeled but who knows. SW not designed for it and many older cars either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like   Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethanol and your equipment, bikes included. Another reason not to like
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Honda Silver Wing :: Maintenance, Tips and Hints-
Jump to: