Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Safety Equipment Makes You Safe

Go down 
+3
Biologist
MikeO
Waspie
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Safety Equipment Makes You Safe Empty
PostSubject: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:52 pm

I thought about you guys today at work. I was walking behind a guy at a construction site as he was leading me to the computer room. We were required to wear safety equipment to be on site.

He walked directly under a ladder without looking up. I looked up before I walked under to make sure nobody on the ladder would drop something on me then I walked through. I asked him why he didn't look up and he said "I don't need to, I'm wearing my helmet."
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Yup, some folk feel bomb proof because they were a few bits of clothing.

I wear a full armoured suit when I ride my chariot but I do so knowing it won't stop bones from breaking or worse so I ride accordingly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 pm

Donning the gear reminds me I must be careful and vigilant - 'Why am I struggling into all this? Because it's dangerous on the road.'
Back to top Go down
Biologist
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Biologist

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:03 am

At the beggining of my "scoot adventure" I have been wearing "normal clothes" but now I ride fully armoured and feel more safe, ride faster and look "more professional" I suppose Smile
Back to top Go down
billmc
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Safety Equipment Makes You Safe Atgatt10
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 pm

I ride safely and wear full gear. I figure the kevlar and cordura will just keep all the pieces in the general vicinity after I manage to avoid the accident in front of me only to get run over by the @#$%^&&* cager who was tailgating me....
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:16 pm

billmc wrote:
Safety Equipment Makes You Safe Atgatt10

I have been known to crash on my bed ... Razz
Back to top Go down
Peach
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:58 pm

honda_silver wrote:
\

I have been known to crash on my bed ... Razz

With proper safety gear on, we all hope! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment Makes You Safe   Safety Equipment Makes You Safe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safety Equipment Makes You Safe
Page 1 of 1