Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 3:45 am

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Removing tupperware , instruments area.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Firewall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-04-30

Removing tupperware , instruments area. Empty
PostSubject: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 11:57 am

The alarm (D*****l 3) has died, and I cannot start the engine.  SCorpio have given me  a workround that involves getting access to the alarm unit somewhere near the left of instrument panel .

I bought a manual from ebay, but wish I had bought a proper one, as it is printed in liight grey.  

So far, I have removed the screen, the screen garnish, the R pocket, the handlebar cover,   And then everything moves about an inch and sticks solid.

If I can remove the instrument panel cover, I think I will be able to access the alarm and fix it with SCorpio's help.

Removing tupperware , instruments area.  border=" />

Removing tupperware , instruments area. UrudIvV

Removing tupperware , instruments area. E4oXJo5

So far it has taken me about 90 minutes to get to this stage.   Sad

What do I do next to gain access to area by the left speaker area , please  ?
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 12:31 pm

See pages 21-5 & 2-15 of the FSM. That cross bar spanning the Combination Meter may also need to be removed.
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 1:41 pm

PM sent Firewall
Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 9:47 pm

I have the Scorpio RFID alarm system that I installed on my 2013 Swing. None of my installation involved removing the instrument panel. How is yours different? I have the ignition kill system if bike hotwired. I do not have the proximity option.
Back to top Go down
Firewall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 7:25 am

The alarm was professionally installed 10 years ago, with the electronics box and sounder hidden under the plastics of the instrument panel.

It's removing the instrument block and all the fixings so that I can take out the alarm and start the bike to take it to the dealer to install the latest alarm that is proving to be a problem.

People talk about 30 minutes to strip down all the front end plastic....
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 9:45 am

Here's a 10 minute video of the legendary Stefano Bonacasa removing the front cover. Maybe thats what you're looking for.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uv2qyxA-AA
Back to top Go down
Firewall
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Removing tupperware , instruments area.   Removing tupperware , instruments area. I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2019 7:07 am

Yes, wish I had seen that video before I started on the marathon removal to find the alarm. !

Immobiliser now disconnected, and engine starts. Yippee.

Now to persuade the panels to return to their appointed place..

Meter panel and inner cover/upper floor panel both seem to be jammed out of alignment by about 1/2 inch; it feels as if something halfway down - perhaps a clip or a tag - is preventing the panels from lining up precisely. Bike has not been dropped, so I will take the two panels off and see what is happening.

Thanks for the video info and the reference to the manual and the encouragement/support.

I have sent back the manual I bought off ebay as it was printed in light grey and almost illegible. I have been linked to a pdf manual online.but would really like a physical book. Any suggestions or offers please ?

Back to top Go down

Removing tupperware , instruments area.
Page 1 of 1