Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware

Go down 
+3
MikeO
JeffR
bigbird
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware Empty
PostSubject: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 am

Bigbird,

Thanks for the instructions, I'm sure they will help me install one too. I keep saying I'm going to do this but I just never do. How long did it take you do you think? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:46 am

x.

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:10 am

x

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Pictures or the new power plug are now added to my album.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 10:23 pm

bigbird,

That looks like a good place for one. I keep meaning to go out and try to put one in but I seem to always get busy. The last time I tried to plan it out was when I tried to change my oil. I couldn't get the drain plug out since it was stripping so I just put the new filter in and filled it up with oil that i drained by removing the filter. I still don't know what I'm going to do about the drain plug.

But I just may put the plug where you put yours. It seems to be pretty weatherproof and it doens't rain out here much at all either. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:55 pm

x

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

That's very bad luck, bigbird.
Glad you found out what the problem was without starting a fire!
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:42 pm

x

Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 am

Bigbird: It takes a special person to admit their mistakes. Even with all your experience and expertise, you got something wrong. I like the way you admitted it, and passed the heads up on to others. That's what makes this forum so good. Kudos to you!
Back to top Go down
mikef
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mikef

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm glad I checked here. I, too, want to add a 12volt socket. I saw there is a place in the lockable pocket, already there. I took off the front garnish, figuring I could access the backside of the hole, but not even close. I figured more had to come off. That's why I checked here first. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
new7man
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Good mod but a couple of things you might wanna know   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 3:47 pm

I did this install last week and it worked out very well although there were several things that were left out. You might want to know that using the Add-a-circuit won't allow you to close the fuse box. I'm still looking into the best option to solve this problem. Also, I had to read through the directions several times because they are a bit unclear, for instance it mentions a one inch opening twice and later in the instructions refers to a once inch opening again without saying which one inch opening he's talking about. Can be confusing. But otherwise the installation went better than expected. Thanks
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 6:55 pm

I found it a lot easier to run a pair of wires directly to the battery through a 15A fuse. Only need to remove the box and fish the wires through. Easier if you remove the left rear panel which is easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware   Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another 12 Volt Power Install without removing Tupperware
Page 1 of 1