Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Today at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Today at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby landisr Yesterday at 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

» Overheat problem
How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

How to install a spare battery

Go down 
+3
MikeO
Easyrider
RazorbackUofA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RazorbackUofA

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-04-23

How to install a spare battery Empty
PostSubject: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm

some times it happens. heres how to prevent it.

i dont use stock OEM battery's, i use a wet deep cycle main battery, and a dry cell back up with booster cables attached. install something across the top of the rear shock wells to keep the battery's from sliding around, i have the clamps on top for show they will store in back and side of the battery's.

dead battery!! raise seat connect cables to dead battery, wha la !! saved.

http://prntscr.com/ju9ssg

Back to top Go down
Easyrider
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Easyrider

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2015-12-18

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 10:02 pm

RazorbackUofA wrote:
some times it happens. heres how to prevent it.

i dont use stock OEM battery's, i use a wet deep cycle main battery,  and a dry cell back up with booster cables attached. install something across the top of the rear shock wells to keep the battery's from sliding around,  i have the clamps on top for show they will store in back and side of the battery's.

dead battery!! raise seat connect cables to dead battery, wha la !! saved.

http://prntscr.com/ju9ssg

That setup seems to take up too much room and seems heavy. I have included some pics of my backup battery.

How to install a spare battery Img_2015
How to install a spare battery Img_2016
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 am

I have one that is almost the same.
I've used it a couple of times.

Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 am

Never had need for spare battery---90,000 plus miles on two new Silverwings. Ride often=battery stays up. When replacement time comes=OEM battery....they work.
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2592
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am

Seems like a waste of space to me but if that "floats your boat"...  I am somewhat wasteful as I hit the 3 year mark on my battery, I shop around and replace said battery. I realize some get 300 years (LOL) out of the OEM battery but to me as cheap as they are, I prefer to improve my odds. Same logic applies to my four wheelers. I replace my battery when I want to and at MY price; each to his/her own...
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1992
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Instead of having a spar battery I ordered one of these: https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/red-fuel-lithium-ion-multi-function-jump-starter/0000000253436?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5eG97ZHR2wIVUr7ACh2BwA1mEAQYASABEgJ3V_D_BwE

I keep it under the seat and it doesn't take up hardly any room. Smaller than a battery too.

My main battery is a Battery Tender Lithium Ion battery. It's smaller and lighter than the OEM battery, which is no big deal, but I haven't had any problems with it these last 3 years.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-Lithium-Phosphate-Replaces/dp/B01LW8Y9AE/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1528910671&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=battery+tender+battery+lithium&psc=1
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3810
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 2:14 pm

This is the one I've got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01DLRGY8A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Back to top Go down
RazorbackUofA
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RazorbackUofA

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-04-23

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 pm

my reason for a 2nd battery is i have a few mods that are not connected to the main switch and ive been known not to turn off the lights lol. in addition to the 2 head lights, 2 angel lights and 2 on the wings linked to ignition, 4 more connected to toggle switch.

http://prntscr.com/jupmrb
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: How to install a spare battery   How to install a spare battery I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm

I've been thinking about battery replacement or one of those small lithium something batteries that you use to jump start your car. As I think about it, I bought the scooter in Sept 2009 and the seller had just replaced the battery. Its still in there, working just fine. Nine years is a long time.

The original poster's method of two batteries seems to work for him, but I wouldn't want to give up the under seat storage space all the time for a full size battery that might only get used once or twice. Two batteries is fine on a boat where there is a lot of room, but not on a scooter.
Back to top Go down

How to install a spare battery
Page 1 of 1