Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Oil screen stuck
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby Nolabel10935 Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» Trike Riders! Stand up and be counted!
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Rear Brake Caliper Cleaning
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 2:50 pm

» Introduction.
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Yesterday at 6:02 am

» Temperature Gauge Norm
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby Slugg Yesterday at 2:05 am

» Hello from North Florida
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby landisr Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:25 pm

» Radiator Removal
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Thu Jul 25, 2024 6:31 am

» Crumpled...........
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby KurtPerthWA Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

» Parting out 2004 Silverwing 600
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby landisr Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:18 pm

» Stator wire gauge
carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeby terryweasely Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:54 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

carrying spare new rear tire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2009-08-18

carrying spare new rear tire Empty
PostSubject: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Went to pick up new tire this AM.

NICE WAY to carry spare tire for long distance riders---trip to Alaska for example----somewhere along the way you may need fresh rear tire---for me impossible to start every long ride with fresh rear.....and I like to get max miles from rear tire.

Bike equipped with GIVI rear rack and back rest---simply remove top box, tire fits over back rest spills onto seat and rack. Still room on passenger seat for Ortlieb rubber bag. Room on rack for another bag if required.

This solves the long ride problem of no dealers/dealer doesn't have tire in stock---take rear wheel off, any tire shop can lever old tire off and new tire on----most cannot balance scooter wheel, easy fix,bottle of "Ride On" great balancing medium. I,also carry Exhaust gasket...for between muffler and exhaust pipe---SilverWing not so fussy in this area but just in case. Hate riding with exhaust leak.

Note from my ride today---box off bike feels better, too.

Delays on trip can be expensive.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Why is his posted in, what does this have to do with the "For Sale" topic?

It belongs in the "Honda Silverwings > Tips and Hints" forum where someone just might be able to find your helpful information later on.

Last edited by Cosmic_Jumper on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:22 pm

The way I see on my computer, it says new topic, so I post new topic----so I do it. Form format maybe needs fixing?
Back to top Go down
steve_h80
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2016-05-15

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Here we go again ... :-)
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 5:02 pm

john grinsel wrote:
The way I see on my computer, it says new topic, so I post new topic----so I do it.   Form format maybe needs fixing?

Was it that when you were in the military everyone was out of step but you?

Enough said. Topic moved.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 6:59 am

I was in the military for over 20 years. Always questioned stupid things---another 30 years as DOD civilian. Maybe way to enter new subjects needs to be changed? SilverWing is obsolete, no longer marketed in US----worrying about form / format will just kill this forum quicker. Pls overlook any format problems I have...as active rider for now 62 years I have stuff I may want to share now and then.
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:47 am

I have 2 sets of wheels, before a long trip if my tires are running low on tread I will swap them out to not have to worry about tire changes. So far so good, the only trip issue I had was front wheel bearings. After replacing the bearings I think I'll start swapping them on every tire change to save the hassle, they are inexpensive and a hassle to mess with later. Front tires last a long time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Modernman1953
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2016-06-01

PostSubject: Re: carrying spare new rear tire   carrying spare new rear tire I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:07 pm

john grinsel wrote:
I was in the military for over 20 years.  Always questioned stupid things---another 30 years as DOD civilian.   Maybe way to enter new subjects needs to be changed?   SilverWing is obsolete, no longer marketed in US----worrying about form / format will just kill this forum quicker.  Pls overlook any format problems I have...as active rider for now 62 years I have stuff I may want to share now and then.

After 50 years of Military and government work, you should be entitled to grab just about anything and write anything on it.  Write your laundry list on your lotto numbers.  

Write FUBAR reports on top of Dumaflickie files.  

With 62 years of riding experience, you should be able to write notes on the inside of your discarded tires and we the people who don't know anything should be able to scour your stuff to find these nuggets of gold.  

It is all good. At least you are still riding and writing. Who cares if no one can find the codes that are hidden inside of these cryptic messages posted in random places on the world wide web.
Back to top Go down

carrying spare new rear tire
Page 1 of 1